[COM] COM/CAN: Aurora on Pirie | 54/57m | 14/15lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#31 Post by Pikey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:42 am

Cruise Control wrote:wouldnt it be better to build one tower around 100m in height and then we would have something to be proud of. So can someone please explain the cost of this devlopment to me? thanks.
Height limits for the area. This 14-15 level tower is already over the height limit (at appox 60m) there's no way a 100m tower would get approved at that location.[/b]
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

urban
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#32 Post by urban » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:59 am

I would much rather see this go one ahead than Yorke Campus. Yorke's position really gets me, it is just that bit too far from the main commercial streets. Way too much space on offer there too. Maybe a few decades away but we should fill the true core CBD first like this proposal does and possibly Currie Street.[/quote]

I would rather see the Yorke Campus go ahead and leave some room for additional residential within the core CBD to give Adelaide a 7 day city centre. The area between Flinders and Grenfell Sts has great buzz and cafe activity during the week but come the weekend it's a ghost town.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#33 Post by Pikey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Both affected buildings that these two will sit have been vacated, so maybe not too far off for this one?
Walking on over....

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#34 Post by Ben » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am

This was the building I mentioned over a year ago. I used to work for Powerstate Credit union and they had to move their head office becuase the owners wanted to develope the land. I'm glad it's finally come to something and will make Hindmarsh sqaure a bit more exciting with more workers ect. it also will block the view of the Santos cooling towers when looking south west from hindmarsh square.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#35 Post by shuza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 am

Pirie Streets gunna be a chunk of 70m scrapers lined up to one another if this gets ahead.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#36 Post by Bulldozer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Pikey wrote:Height limits for the area. This 14-15 level tower is already over the height limit (at appox 60m) there's no way a 100m tower would get approved at that location.
Height restrictions in the city are an absolute farce. They need to go.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#37 Post by Will » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:27 pm

The council has designated this development application as category 2. It is interesting that the developer has lodged this project with an estimated cost of $42 million; far below the figure reported in the Advertiser!

sidler
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#38 Post by sidler » Fri May 11, 2007 9:50 am

For anyone that is interested this was in the Australian yesterday. Must have a fair bit of confidence in Adelaide, hoping to start by end of the year.

Big office plan for Urban Construct
Maurice Dunlevy
May 10, 2007

HOME-GROWN developer Urban Construct has high hopes for a $210 million office complex planned for the Adelaide CBD, as the city of churches rides the back of the mining and defence spending boom.
Despite a CBD office vacancy rate of 10 per cent - tipped to rise even higher as more new offices are built - Urban Construct is about to make its first foray into offices through a 30,000sqm complex planned for Pirie Street near Hindmarsh Square.

With about $1.5 billion of projects behind it, and a forward book of more than $4 billion, Urban Construct plans to build a twin-tower complex at 147 Pirie Street, next to the KPMG building.

The project will be launched within weeks, with the planned eastern tower the first to be offered to the market.

The developer does not have precommitments, but with state government departments, the tax office and legal firms in the market for office space, Urban Construct chief executive Todd Brown is confident that construction will start later this year.

"We are more bullish than we have ever been about this state (SA) and market," Mr Brown said.

"We are just seeing demand flow through from mining and defence.

"The reality is Adelaide has more than a million people, and that's a market in anyone's language."

Adelaide's largest office requirement is a new headquarters for the Department of Transport, Energy and Infrastructure. DTEI, currently in an ageing building at inner suburban Walkerville, is in the market for about 30,000sqm of space.

While Adelaide is in the midst of its strongest supply cycle in 15 years, demand for office space that meets five-star ABGR energy ratings has so far kept the market balanced.

Nevertheless, according to Jones Lang LaSalle researcher David Snoswell, 46,700sqm of space was added in the first quarter of this year, lifting last December's 7.3 per cent vacancy figure to 10 per cent at the end of March.

Urban Construct's move into offices follows an 18-month period described by Mr Brown as the group's "busiest ever".

The developer recently delivered the last stage of the $600 million Holdfast Shores project at Glenelg. This incorporated apartments and a significant retail component.

At its massive $1.5 billion Newport Quays project at Port Adelaide, which is a joint venture with Multiplex Living, 220 apartments and 62 marina berths have been sold during two stages. A third stage, known as Marina Cove and to be launched in the third quarter of this year, involves 280 more homes.

Urban Construct is also about six months away from settling its former Hotel Adelaide apartment project at North Adelaide, where the majority of the 99 apartments have sold for an average of $1.25 million.

The group's latest residential project is known as the Precinct and involves a $600 million redevelopment on two CBD sites - the old Balfours bakery building on the northern corner of Morphett and Franklin streets, and the current Adelaide bus terminal site on the diagonally opposite southern corner of the intersection.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#39 Post by crawf » Sat May 12, 2007 2:15 pm

I wish people would drop the City of Churches name, most of the time only people from interstate say it.

And I thought the cbd core had a vacancy rate of 6.9%?

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#40 Post by Snorkie » Wed May 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Just letting you guys know that these two building are now approved. They were approved on the 7th of May according to the city messenger.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#41 Post by Howie » Wed May 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for the headsup... changed the thread title.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#42 Post by shuza » Wed May 16, 2007 3:05 pm

So does anyone know the proposed height yet? 15 floors sounds like a 60m job to me.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#43 Post by Snorkie » Wed May 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Shit, sorry guys, misread the article. Was actually refering to the franklin street towers :oops: my bad!!!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#44 Post by Will » Wed May 16, 2007 3:27 pm

Howie wrote:Thanks for the headsup... changed the thread title.
Howie, you'll have to change it back. These buildings have not yet being approved.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#45 Post by Pikey » Wed May 16, 2007 3:39 pm

Done.
Walking on over....