[CAN] [The Precinct] | 58m | 5 x 18lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #U/C: The Precinct - 5 x 62m, 19 lvl Towers

#256 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:35 am

Ho Really wrote:
Professor wrote:Demolition has started for the next buidling, on the Franklin st side. This should be for the first of the 18 level apartments which will really start the precinct development off properly.
Not quite. If it's demolition of a building on Franklin Street it will be for the construction of a similar 8-level building to The Gallery on Morphett Street. Altitude will be to the north of this demolished building. See a post (on the previous page) by Ben and me.

Cheers
The demolition app recieved is for Altitude and construction is expected to start later this month. :)

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#257 Post by Ho Really » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 am

Ben wrote:
Ho Really wrote:
Professor wrote:Demolition has started for the next buidling, on the Franklin st side. This should be for the first of the 18 level apartments which will really start the precinct development off properly.
Not quite. If it's demolition of a building on Franklin Street it will be for the construction of a similar 8-level building to The Gallery on Morphett Street. Altitude will be to the north of this demolished building. See a post (on the previous page) by Ben and me.

Cheers
The demolition app recieved is for Altitude and construction is expected to start later this month. :)
I haven't been down there so I don't know which building is being currently demolished, but if it's the one on Franklin that's not where Altitude will be located. Altitude is further north, however it could be that both locations are being demolished (and prepared), in that case this is part of the next stage of The Precinct development that includes Altitude. This is, as I explained in that earlier post, part of Stage 2, even though they have called it with another name in the application. This stage comprises Building 2 (Altitude), Building 3 (on Franklin Street) and Building 4 (which is north of Altitude). The other buildings (5, 6 and 7) which includes the twin of Altitude are for a later stage.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#258 Post by Professor » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 am

The area being demolished is that part inside from the Franklin st frontage, but not include the external wall (yet). I am assuming that it is in preperation for Altitude, as that is the building being sold by urban construct at the moment. The 8 level apartment building to front Franklin street has not been released yet (as far as I know).

The Altitude will be a significant development and the renders look very good, some better architecture for the west end and will be close to the new Space 10 level apartments on Waymouth st as well.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#259 Post by Ben » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 am

Just to clarify:
Type: Application Assessed on Merit
Application Number: DA/949/2007/1
Lodgement Date: 10/06/2008
Latest Decision: Development Approval Granted
Location: BALFOURS DEVELOPMENT SITE, 160-184 Franklin Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description Demolition of existing factory buildings and the subsequent construction of an eighteen (18) storey residential apartment building containing a total of 147 apartments plus two (2) basement levels providing for 115 car parking spaces and ancillary landscaping - Stage 1 - Demolition of existing factory

Ho Really

#260 Post by Ho Really » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:08 am

Professor wrote:The area being demolished is that part inside from the Franklin st frontage, but not include the external wall (yet). I am assuming that it is in preperation for Altitude, as that is the building being sold by urban construct at the moment. The 8 level apartment building to front Franklin street has not been released yet (as far as I know)...
Building 3 (the one fronting Franklin Street) hasn't been released yet, as you said. They are obviously preparing the site. As far as I know the buildings in this precinct will be built in the order I mentioned. Logically for access reasons Altitude, which is in the middle, has to be built first and then the others (Building 3 to the south and Building 4 to the north) at a later time.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] #SWP: Altitude | 58m | 18lvls | Residential | [The Precinct]

#261 Post by Will » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 pm

There was a story on Channel 10 news this evening stating that construction of the Altitude building has begun. There was a special ground breaking ceremony today with the Lord Mayor turning the first sod.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#262 Post by Pikey » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am

And Urban Construct proclaiming it as Adelaide's tallest residential building!

Denny Crane and spire better hurry up and start!!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#263 Post by Will » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 am

Pikey wrote:And Urban Construct proclaiming it as Adelaide's tallest residential building!

Denny Crane and spire better hurry up and start!!
Urban Construct is being a bit tricky in making that claim. Altitude is the tallest purpose-built residential building to ever be built in Adelaide, but the actual tallest residential building in Adelaide is the former Australian Taxation Office at KWS which stands at 70m.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

[CAN] #U/C: [ The Precinct ] Masterplan Thread

#264 Post by Shuz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Anything related to the masterplan of the Precinct complex to go into this thread. :D
Cheers.

Previous posts will be added later after I sort out Gallery/Altitude/Bus Station developments into their respective threads.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

[CAN] #U/C: Altitude | 58m | 18lvls | Residential | [The Precinct]

#265 Post by Shuz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 pm

Altitude construction updates in this thread. :D

skyliner

[CAN] Re: #U/C: Altitude | 58m | 18lvls | Residential | [The Precinct]

#266 Post by skyliner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 pm

V good to hear. Will do wonders for the skyline!

Wonder if we'll ever see the other 4 towers given the developing economic climate?

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Raven
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[CAN] Re: #SWP: Altitude | 58m | 18lvls | Residential | [The Precinct]

#267 Post by Raven » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:35 pm

interestingly enough, word on the wind says that Urban Construct have agreed for Adam to install an ADSL2+ hub in the basement of the building to give 100MBit access to all apartments (if they want it).

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#268 Post by Just build it » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Lucky buggers, I'd take up the offer for sure. Nice to see some innovative thinking going into it.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#269 Post by Norman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Isn't it 24MBit?

Raven
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#270 Post by Raven » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 pm

oops... it's actually a 100Mbit VDSL service. my bad.