[APP] 51 Pirie Street | 94m | 21 Levels | Hyatt

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Davo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[APP] Re: #VIS: 51 Pirie Street | 24 levels | 115m Office

#91 Post by Davo » Fri May 08, 2009 10:14 pm

What happened? What did Shuz do?

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#92 Post by Pants » Sat May 09, 2009 5:22 am

Made up an article about this development going ahead and increasing in size to our new tallest.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#93 Post by Pants » Sat May 09, 2009 5:25 am

If we could all leave it at that and get the thread back on track though that'd be much appreciated.

EDIT: guys, we're just going to delete any posts that refer to Shuz's attempt to alleviate some boredom... not because it's something we can't talk about it (it's not that big a deal, really) but so that we can keep the thread clean and on topic.

If, for some reason, you really want to talk about it some more, start a thread in the pub or the website related section or something, but please keep it out of this thread. As for the calls for him to be banned, Howie and the rest of us will decide what (if anything) happens.

Cheers.

pgardiner
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#94 Post by pgardiner » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:14 am

Looks good, would like to see some movement in this direction. But O could be too fancy for our council, Do they not think of Rates income?

Aidan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#95 Post by Aidan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm

pgardiner wrote:Looks good, would like to see some movement in this direction. But O could be too fancy for our council, Do they not think of Rates income?
Until we get a railway under our CBD, the benefits of extra rates income will be eroded by increasing traffic congestion.

Anyway, it's not the council that rejected the plan, it's the existing building's owners. They've now got a For Lease sign on it.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#96 Post by AtD » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:23 am

This was never submitted to council to begin with. Just a bunch of drawings, nothing more.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#97 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

This guy sounds uneducated but the fact he knows about this project is interesting. One of the uninformed posters on AdelaideNow. AFAIK this project is dead.

Some people are sooo stupid. It's like they think the government build the buildings and the taxpayers fund them WTF

Mark C of Tusmore Posted at 8:29 AM Today
It's difficult to see why this proposed building is required. Tower8 is about to start for the ATO, and at least another glass box office tower is planned for the City Central site. Charter Hall is going to build a new tower on top of the existing Bank SA at the Pirie St/Gawler Place corner. Then there are the existing vacant buildings already mentioned. The last time I looked, the white collar sector was expanding in Melbourne and Sydney, not in Adelaide...

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#98 Post by Will » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Ben wrote:This guy sounds uneducated but the fact he knows about this project is interesting. One of the uninformed posters on AdelaideNow. AFAIK this project is dead.

Some people are sooo stupid. It's like they think the government build the buildings and the taxpayers fund them WTF

Mark C of Tusmore Posted at 8:29 AM Today
It's difficult to see why this proposed building is required. Tower8 is about to start for the ATO, and at least another glass box office tower is planned for the City Central site. Charter Hall is going to build a new tower on top of the existing Bank SA at the Pirie St/Gawler Place corner. Then there are the existing vacant buildings already mentioned. The last time I looked, the white collar sector was expanding in Melbourne and Sydney, not in Adelaide...
It gives me the shits to read people spreading lies about Adelaide on AdelaideNow!

The white collar sector is growing in Adelaide too! There are no vacant office buidings in the CBD! :wallbash:

skyliner

#99 Post by skyliner » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

According to mthe AFR, We have one of the best, if not the best office OCCUPANCY rates of the capitals in Australia - that does reflect something. (Yeh, I know, one vreflection is that little is being built - but we could be emptying out as well - this is not happening.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE.
Jack.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#100 Post by AtD » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm

It's difficult to see why new houses are required. There are so many houses around, there's a nice 1960s fibro one down my street that's been empty for yonks and there's heaps of empty houses around the Wingfield area. Delfin are building heaps of houses in Two Wells. I don't think new houses in the city are necessary. The last time I looked, the housing sector was expanding in Melbourne and Sydney, not in Adelaide...

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#101 Post by jk1237 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 pm

AtD wrote:It's difficult to see why new houses are required. There are so many houses around, there's a nice 1960s fibro one down my street that's been empty for yonks and there's heaps of empty houses around the Wingfield area. Delfin are building heaps of houses in Two Wells. I don't think new houses in the city are necessary. The last time I looked, the housing sector was expanding in Melbourne and Sydney, not in Adelaide...
posted on Adelaide.now from Adam of Canberra

Omicron

[APP] Re: VIS: 51 Pirie Street | 24 levels | 115m Office

#102 Post by Omicron » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Howie wrote:Originally posted by Culwulla of Skyscraper City.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 99&page=74

Do excuse me. I just wanted to look at this pretty thing again.

Nort

#103 Post by Nort » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Omicron wrote:
Howie wrote:Originally posted by Culwulla of Skyscraper City.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 99&page=74

Do excuse me. I just wanted to look at this pretty thing again.
I hate you for reposting that image...such an awesome building that we will never get.

Omicron

#104 Post by Omicron » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 am

Never say never. With height guides as they are (and recent evidence from the DAC that they'll look past them if the building is right), a 103m site with only ~20m in use is absolutely an investment - there's almost no other site like it in the CBD. I have no doubt that in good time, the market will be suitably favourable to justify such a large project.

I'm sure I've said that in this thread before.

Nort

#105 Post by Nort » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am

Omicron wrote:Never say never. With height guides as they are (and recent evidence from the DAC that they'll look past them if the building is right), a 103m site with only ~20m in use is absolutely an investment - there's almost no other site like it in the CBD. I have no doubt that in good time, the market will be suitably favourable to justify such a large project.

I'm sure I've said that in this thread before.
Yeah, there will be something tall there some day, won't be that building though. :(