News & Discussion: Laneway & Streetscape Projects

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: Laneway Revitalisation Projects

#46 Post by crawf » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Joelmark wrote:Re: the cost, I think that the work is not entirely finished yet. There is more streetscaping to be completed during the year and more artwork to be installed.
Correct.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#47 Post by jk1237 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 am

up until last night, had anyone else also not noticed a new burger bar - 'Fancy burgers' open up at the end of Synagogue Place (off Rundle St), at the base of the student tower. Quite a cool shop fit out with its outside booths, and a nice burger too

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#48 Post by SRW » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

jk1237 wrote:up until last night, had anyone else also not noticed a new burger bar - 'Fancy burgers' open up at the end of Synagogue Place (off Rundle St), at the base of the student tower. Quite a cool shop fit out with its outside booths, and a nice burger too
Yeah, it's been there for a month or so. Fancy Burger have had a store up in Blackwood for a couple years too. Good to have them in the East End, along with Burger Theory who'll be opening up on Union St soon enough.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#49 Post by Shahkar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 am

ml69 wrote:ACC should plan to rollout 2-3 of these laneway upgrades each year for the next 5 years. That really would make a difference and kick start the laneway revolution.
I think the next one to go is Hindley street in July and UNISA to change with it, unless I've missed something and it is not going through. But obviously it is a much bigger project.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#50 Post by mattblack » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 am

DaShyFreak wrote:
ml69 wrote:ACC should plan to rollout 2-3 of these laneway upgrades each year for the next 5 years. That really would make a difference and kick start the laneway revolution.
I think the next one to go is Hindley street in July and UNISA to change with it, unless I've missed something and it is not going through. But obviously it is a much bigger project.
Definitely go for July.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#51 Post by Ben » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Walking past Rundle Place yesterday, the laneways either side have extendable awnings and fold out doors for cafes. Hopefully this will be a new must visit cafe precinct.

metro
Legendary Member!

#52 Post by metro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 pm

^^ I hope one day they pull down the parking station and extend Lindes Lane through to Grenfell St and with that ugly carpark gone there would be space for a new building as well. :D

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#53 Post by Wayno » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 am

Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#54 Post by jk1237 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to what the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
yep, well Ive seen the little one just opposite the entrance to the city cross arcade. Looks good

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#55 Post by monotonehell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
It's just the parklette, there's been no associated redevelopment of Gawler Place. Someone (the health food shop I suspect) seems to be in charge of putting tables out during the day. At night it's just left as a bench. There's a sign saying that anyone can use it.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#56 Post by Nathan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Wayno wrote:Apparently another 'parklet' similar to the $1m State Govt overhaul of Bank St, has appeared in Gawler Place. Anyone seen it yet?
It's just the parklette, there's been no associated redevelopment of Gawler Place. Someone (the health food shop I suspect) seems to be in charge of putting tables out during the day. At night it's just left as a bench. There's a sign saying that anyone can use it.
Saw it today. It's quite a nice one, to be honest. Very much along the lines of what you see in San Francisco.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#57 Post by mattblack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

Nathan wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
Saw it today. It's quite a nice one, to be honest. Very much along the lines of what you see in San Francisco.

It was financed out of the shop owners own pocket (about 20K I believe) with design help from the ACC to comply with OH&S and parking issues. First one off the ranks with many more to come. If you walk past pop in and say how awesome it is, it will be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Shahkar
High Rise Poster!

#58 Post by Shahkar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Hindley Street development details coming at the council meeting today.

EDIT: It also contains Regent Street North streetscape concept(at the end) including allowance for a future tram route.

metro
Legendary Member!

#59 Post by metro » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 pm

It would be fantastic if Hindley street could be done like that for its entire length, and Rundle Street as well for that matter. The recent works on Rundle did FA to improve the precinct, Rundle Street really should have been made one-way for road traffic to provide extra footpath and outdoor dining space.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#60 Post by SRW » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:30 am

metro wrote:It would be fantastic if Hindley street could be done like that for its entire length, and Rundle Street as well for that matter. The recent works on Rundle did FA to improve the precinct, Rundle Street really should have been made one-way for road traffic to provide extra footpath and outdoor dining space.
I agree completely.
Keep Adelaide Weird