[COM] Ernst & Young Tower | 51m | 13lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#31 Post by Will » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:25 pm

UrbanSG wrote:Saw it today on a drive past. It appears to be on the King William Street frontage. Hopefully that was the base I saw and it will be there. Will be great to have a tower crane on King William Street in the northern CBD. Geeze when was the last time that happened? The early 80's? Anyone know? Not including temporary jobs of course.
The last high-rise building built on King William Street was the Commonwealth Bank building between 1981 and 1983.

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#32 Post by Thunderstruck » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:44 pm

Thanks for the update guys, didn't notice the crane base this morning, will have a good nosey as I walk right past there later this arvo on the way home. Blue base, now I am very confused as Pikey mention. B&H are doing this tower as far as I'm aware, perhaps a diff one for demolition....then take it down and whack up a green B&H?? Bit odd really.

Should be a fuckload of crane action at end of 2006, looks to be a reasonable amount going on at bus station and you would expect a building the bulk of SA Water to have 2 cranes or will it have one Hammerhead (not a fan) like Law Courts?
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#33 Post by Pikey » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:48 am

Crane is on it's way up today. The tower is a mix of blue and white sections, and it must be of a decent height because they are adding support collars too.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#34 Post by AG » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Will wrote:The last high-rise building built on King William Street was the Commonwealth Bank building between 1981 and 1983.
Wrong. The last high-rise building constructed on King William Street was Santos House (former State Bank) at 91 King William Street in 1988.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#35 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:32 pm

In my original question I did say ON King William Street, referring to a crane being on King William Street, not necessarily a building that has its address on the street. Geeze, I didn't think this would get so complicated :D The crane for Santos was just off Currie Street but on the NE edge of the tower so not far off King William Street but not quiet the same thing. Anyway the main point is we have another crane on King William Street after a fair while.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#36 Post by Pikey » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Crane is nearly up. It's the same Nick's Crane Service 1500D that was used on Domain.
Walking on over....

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#37 Post by Will » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:03 pm

AG wrote:
Will wrote:The last high-rise building built on King William Street was the Commonwealth Bank building between 1981 and 1983.
Wrong. The last high-rise building constructed on King William Street was Santos House (former State Bank) at 91 King William Street in 1988.
Wrong, the last high-rise building constructed on King William Street was the Optus Building built between 1989-1990. :)

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#38 Post by AG » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Will wrote:
AG wrote:
Wrong, the last high-rise building constructed on King William Street was the Optus Building built between 1989-1990. :)
I'll give you that one. :shock:

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#39 Post by Pikey » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm

Anyhow....

The crane is fully assembled now.

Gotta love big optical zoom!

Walking on over....

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#40 Post by Adelarch » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:56 pm

great photos thanks pike
if you have a vivid imagination like me you can almost imaging CCT2 is already complete with all that 'glassy' green scaffolding matching tower 1 :wink:

good to see tower 1 has some interesting winged sections on its eastern face - didnt pick that up in the renders

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#41 Post by Thunderstruck » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:11 pm

I'm just like you Adelarch, I was picturing the same thing with the 'green' scaffolding there! If you look at it the right way you can sort of visualise the finished product to a degree.

Great work the Pikey, another crane to the skyline :)
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#42 Post by Pants » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 pm

Guess it's time I posted these then:

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#43 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:11 pm

My God Pants they are excellent renders. I have never seen such quality renders for a project in Adelaide before! I am guessing they are the ones you couldn't show until now, they are fanatastic mate, great job. CC2 is terrific. I am glad they have lost the blank wall on the southern side and added the glass cube sections, this is going to be amazing visually from Victoria Square. I would say probably one of the best office buildings to come for Adelaide. Looks as though it is still in the concept stage but the 20 storey office tower above the GPO looks to have been cut down to around 8 or so in the 2nd render, maybe shade issues onto Victoria Square?

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#44 Post by Adelarch » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:11 pm

woah, top scoop pants!
loving the southern facade of CC2 indeed 8)

on a more practical note, that courtyard is going to be a bit of a sunless, windswept place... but hey, it looks pretty sexy so thats ok with me ;)

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#45 Post by Pistol » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:32 pm

Walked passed construction site today and the old Advertiser building is all but gone... down to the ground floor at the moment. Are they going to build CC2 on the existing footing? Being a building of similar size I would say they would.