News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1801 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Nathan wrote:Isn't there already a Priceline on Gawler Pl, just up from the post office?
Yep - about four doors down. Plus, I think the Dick Smith store is a bit smaller...

Patrick_27

#1802 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
Nathan wrote:Isn't there already a Priceline on Gawler Pl, just up from the post office?
Yep - about four doors down. Plus, I think the Dick Smith store is a bit smaller...
Yeah, there is. I might be going past there again tomorrow so I'll try and take a picture, perhaps you guys might be able to make some sense of it. The only sense I can make of Priceline moving is to be closer to foot-traffic in Rundle Mall but it's not as if there aren't other Priceline's located just off the mall.

Llessur2002

#1803 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:26 am

I suspect if it's something to do with the fact that to get to Priceline from the mall you have to walk past National Pharmacies and Chemist Warehouse. If I need to grab something from a pharmacy/chemist in my lunch break I normally pop into Chemist Warehouse as it's closer - I only ever make it as far as Priceline if Chemist Warehouse didn't have what I needed. The Dick Smith site is far more prominent - especially being on a corner which makes the shop front much more visible from the mall than the current Priceline store which is closer to Grenfell Street (not to mention the fact it also has a bloody great high-level sign on the side of the building) and would likely capture a lot more of the foot traffic coming off of the mall.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1804 Post by Ben » Fri May 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Miniso is empty... I see this as good for mankind.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1805 Post by monotonehell » Fri May 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Ben wrote:Miniso is empty... I see this as good for mankind.
Funnily enough the other similar place around on Grenfell Street (Pop Mart?) has a landlord's notice in the window, still full of pop culture knock off tat however.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Llessur2002

#1806 Post by Llessur2002 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:20 am

Greenlight Comics opened on Stephens Place last week

https://greenlightcomics.com/

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#1807 Post by Eurostar » Sun May 15, 2016 10:38 am

Cibo has opened a new coffee shop on West Terrace next to Coles Express in one of those houses.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1808 Post by Brucetiki » Sun May 15, 2016 2:35 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Funnily enough the other similar place around on Grenfell Street (Pop Mart?) has a landlord's notice in the window, still full of pop culture knock off tat however.
Wonder if the one at Churchill is still going?

kingy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1809 Post by kingy » Mon May 16, 2016 9:13 am

Brucetiki wrote:
monotonehell wrote:
Wonder if the one at Churchill is still going?
I have been to Churchill for the last 3 weeks, and every time it has been closed but seems fully stocked.

missblooddupre
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1810 Post by missblooddupre » Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 pm

monotonehell wrote:
I looked them up recently and it seems that the owner has ran away (since 26th of April). According to a few Adelaide Chinese real estate forums and Chinese BBS boards, Pop Mart and Miniso have the same owners, and the real estate agents are looking for the owners to get their keys back. But every time i click on any of those links the post has been deleted or is under review. Real fishy...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1811 Post by Ben » Fri May 20, 2016 11:32 am

Adelaides first Guzman y Gomez is to open in the long vacant tenancy at 63 Pirie Street. Quite a big Mexican chain in the East. Pirie is becoming quite the hip food place in recent times.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1812 Post by monotonehell » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Ben wrote:Adelaides first Guzman y Gomez is to open in the long vacant tenancy at 63 Pirie Street. Quite a big Mexican chain in the East. Pirie is becoming quite the hip food place in recent times.
Is that the former florist's in AON (?) building?

I was getting all excited that a decent texmex restaurant was opening near the east end. But looking at their website it's just another burrito place - pretty much exactly the same menu as Zambrero or Burp.

This is more a fast food place than a hip food place.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Patrick_27

#1813 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Ben wrote:Adelaides first Guzman y Gomez is to open in the long vacant tenancy at 63 Pirie Street. Quite a big Mexican chain in the East. Pirie is becoming quite the hip food place in recent times.

I was getting all excited that a decent texmex restaurant was opening near the east end. But looking at their website it's just another burrito place - pretty much exactly the same menu as Zambrero or Burp.

It's not just 'another burrito place' I regularly dined there when I lived in Melbourne and their food trumps Zambrero's and even more-so Burp. Their menus may be similar but their recipes and methods of cooking delivers much better food. Probably the first interstate/international brand I'm excited to see here.

mooshie
High Rise Poster!

#1814 Post by mooshie » Sat May 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
monotonehell wrote:

It's not just 'another burrito place' I regularly dined there when I lived in Melbourne and their food trumps Zambrero's and even more-so Burp. Their menus may be similar but their recipes and methods of cooking delivers much better food. Probably the first interstate/international brand I'm excited to see here.
Agreed, went to the one in Kings Cross all the time when I had a mate that lived there. Awesome burritos

The Scooter Guy

#1815 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun May 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Another Laksa House (Malaysian Food) has opened on King William St (at the former People's Choice).
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/