News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2611 Post by Waewick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 pm

So will deregulation help Rundle Street. I always wondered if being able to open for trade during all the events that are in around Rundle Street.

Nathan

#2612 Post by Nathan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Mpol03 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:25 am
Aussie Disposals is moving to Rundle St? With a lot of the clothing stores leaving this strip in the last few years, I really hope it doesn't attract more of this crap.
Although most of the stores that have left have been due to far bigger things, rather than anything to do with Rundle St itself as a retail precinct (chains like American Apparel and Marcs going bust).

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2613 Post by Ben » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 am

Perhaps the name doesn't do it justice but it is outdoor gear and will fit in next to about 3 or 4 other outdoor stores.

in other news Zimmerman is expanding into Jack londons site essentially doubling their store. new Jack London opens on Wednesday in the former Gorman site.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2614 Post by monotonehell » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am

Waewick wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 pm
So will deregulation help Rundle Street. I always wondered if being able to open for trade during all the events that are in around Rundle Street.
When are Rundle Street stores closed when they want to be open? Most trade 10 to 6 weekdays and to 5 sat, sun, public holidays. They close inside trading hours as it is.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Nathan

#2615 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 am

monotonehell wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am
Waewick wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:09 pm
When are Rundle Street stores closed when they want to be open? Most trade 10 to 6 weekdays and to 5 sat, sun, public holidays. They close inside trading hours as it is.
I don't think it would be a year round thing, but I'd assume some traders would like to stay open later during summer and specifically during festival season when there's a lot of foot traffic in the evening.

Nathan

#2616 Post by Nathan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Images are from their Martin Place, Sydney store — which the article says the Rundle Mall store will be based on.
Romeo family to open independent Foodland supermarket in Rundle Mall
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... d8ce527ebd

ADELAIDE’S premier retail precinct will welcome its first independent supermarket by Christmas when a new concept Foodland store opens in Rundle Mall.

The Romeo family is planning to unveil their latest offering at a redeveloped Citi Centre Arcade, on the corner of Rundle Mall and Pulteney St.

Work to transform the former food court is underway, while several traders in the arcade will close their shops for the final time this week to make way for further works.

Romeo Retail Group director Joseph Romeo said $8 million would be invested to develop the new store, which would generate more than 100 full-time and casual jobs.

He said it would be modelled on the retailer’s Martin Place supermarket in the heart of Sydney’s business district.

“Being a South Australian business and South Australian family owned, we’ve always had an aspiration to have something in the CBD of Adelaide,” he said.

“The city is growing and with the progress we’re seeing in Adelaide, we’re particularly excited about this opportunity.

“We believe the style of offering is something a little bit different to our two competitors. It is modelled a fair bit on what we’ve done in Sydney but we’re going to take it to a new level.”

Rundle Mall is currently home to Coles and Woolworths, but Mr Romeo believes the new Foodland will add something new to the city’s supermarket offering.

Pre-prepared meals and a variety of “grab and go” products will attract those with busy lifestyles, Mr Romeo said, while the health-conscious will be drawn to the store’s expanded vegan and organic range.

A bakery, delicatessen and walk-in cheese room will feature and a corporate catering service will be set up to fill a “gap in the market”.

“Customers will be able to come to the store and get their breakfast to take to work, get their lunch later in the day, and then on the way home buy their ingredients for dinner or buy something that’s pre-prepared,” Mr Romeo said.

“We see a change in the Adelaide market with an increase in the number of people living in the CBD and all the international students, plus the amount of people working and visiting the Mall.

“We want to make it convenient for the consumer. I think the people of Adelaide and Rundle Mall deserve it — it’s an iconic location in Adelaide and Australia.”

The new Rundle Mall Foodland is expected to open before Christmas and will be the Romeo Retail Group’s 30th store in SA and 40th in the country. It plans to open ten more stores across SA and NSW by 2020.

In February, the family’s McLaren Vale supermarket was named the best IGA in the country.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2617 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:17 pm

RMP exterior refurb is starting.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#2618 Post by duke » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Nathan wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:44 pm
Images are from their Martin Place, Sydney store — which the article says the Rundle Mall store will be based on.

Any floor plans? I'm not sure how it will work in that space.

Nort

#2619 Post by Nort » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:56 am

I'm really looking forward to a Foodland in the CBD, their range of products is so far beyond Woolies/Coles.

The Scooter Guy

#2620 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Went down Peel St and saw the Comics Shop already closed for good.
https://www.yelp.com.au/biz/the-comics-shop-adelaide-4

Also, Movenpick Swiss Ice Cream on Hindley St is closed until further notice.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

gingernuts
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2621 Post by gingernuts » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Looks like Swatch has closed down in Rundle Place. This is in addition to Espirit that closed down a couple of months ago

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2622 Post by Ben » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:24 am

New render
Attachments
hm.JPG
hm.JPG (85.34 KiB) Viewed 5289 times

ml69
Legendary Member!

#2623 Post by ml69 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:56 pm

That external render of the H&M portion looks revolting!! To think they're going to disfigure one of the main corners of Rundle Mall with that?

I think should have taken the opposite approach, and fully glazed the corner. Then they could have displayed their apparel in the window for all the pedestrians to see ...

[Shuz]

#2624 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:03 am

Each to thier own. I quite like it and think its a big improvement on what it is currently. We will wait and see how it turns out.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#2625 Post by Mpol03 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 am

The white cladding they have used on the Pacific Fair store front on the Gold Coast is great. If only they were to use it here.