News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#2716 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:41 pm

I still wish the windows were uniform on this, like the upper level foodcourt where the windows will stretch out to replace all of the grey tile work, so much cleaner.

Also, looks as though they're not removing the existing awning but just cladding over it.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2717 Post by Ben » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:53 pm

The former American Apparel store on Rundle street has been leased. :banana:

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#2718 Post by AndyWelsh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Found this on Instagram today:

ADELAIDE RAILWAY STATION RETAIL OPPORTUNITY

https://theadelaideriverbank.com.au/pro ... y-station/

“Renewal SA is looking for operators who can leverage the great potential of the Adelaide Railway Station to run a successful business, and in doing so, add to the utility and vibrancy of this critical public space.

We want to revitalise the overall commercial offering in the station through a combination of tenancy upgrades plus the establishment of new quality retail and service offerings. By taking a staged approach to upgrading its tenancies there will be opportunities for both short- and long-term leasing arrangements as well as pop-up opportunities.

A limited selection of tenancies will become available in October 2018 meaning new tenants could potentially begin fit-out as early as November. Spaces available include a 60 m2 tenancy on the station concourse and a 78 m2 tenancy on the railway ramp, which has the potential to be split into up to 4 smaller tenancies.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scooter Guy

#2719 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:42 pm

AndyWelsh wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm
Found this on Instagram today:

ADELAIDE RAILWAY STATION RETAIL OPPORTUNITY

https://theadelaideriverbank.com.au/pro ... y-station/

“Renewal SA is looking for operators who can leverage the great potential of the Adelaide Railway Station to run a successful business, and in doing so, add to the utility and vibrancy of this critical public space.

We want to revitalise the overall commercial offering in the station through a combination of tenancy upgrades plus the establishment of new quality retail and service offerings. By taking a staged approach to upgrading its tenancies there will be opportunities for both short- and long-term leasing arrangements as well as pop-up opportunities.

A limited selection of tenancies will become available in October 2018 meaning new tenants could potentially begin fit-out as early as November. Spaces available include a 60 m2 tenancy on the station concourse and a 78 m2 tenancy on the railway ramp, which has the potential to be split into up to 4 smaller tenancies.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hence Cash Wizard in T1 no longer trading.
It was a blatant rip-off of Cash Converters anyway.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Nathan

#2720 Post by Nathan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:42 pm
Hence Cash Wizard in T1 no longer trading.
It was a blatant rip-off of Cash Converters anyway.
Cash Converters don't own the pawn shop concept...

Llessur2002

#2721 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am

A few updates on the work in Rundle Mall Plaza.

Looking into RMP from Rundle Mall. The red Gyprock is the wall between H&M and the Plaza area. The new escalators to/from the first floor can just been seen slightly left of centre of the photo.

Looking towards the entrance to/from Rundle Mall – you can just see the new windows that have been added over the entrance:

The stairs leading to/from the lower ground floor have been cut lengthways in preparation for the new escalator to be installed:

Same view but looking down into the lower ground floor. Here the floor plate has been cut away revealing the basement carpark – this is where the escalator machinery is being installed:

The lift area at the rear of the plaza. All passenger lifts in the building are being replaced as part of the refurbishment. New AC ducts fitted:

The office lobby foyer has been gutted and the wall between the lobby and the plaza removed (to the left of this photo behind the hoarding). There will be a short set of stairs linking the two areas:

This one has been very interesting to watch unfold – it is quite a rare that such a major building refurbishment is carried out essentially in full view of the public. Looking forward to the completion.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2722 Post by Ben » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 am

Likelihood of this being finished in November ready for Christmas? I would think Zero?

Llessur2002

#2723 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:05 am

I don't think the whole project was due to be finished by November - I thought that was just the H&M opening date, which is still possible.

Llessur2002

#2724 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:14 am

Here are the floor plans for the finished plaza. Looks like H&M will be about 3000sqm in total. For a comparison:

H&M Pacific Warribee = 2000sqm
H&M Townsville = 2500sqm
H&M Rockhampton = 2500sqm
H&M Canberra = 2700sqm
H&M Perth GPO = 4000sqm
H&M Bourke Street, Melbourne = 5000sqm
H&M Pitt Street Mall, Sydney = 5000sqm
Attachments
Ground.pdf
(275.77 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Lower Ground.pdf
(233.12 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Last edited by Llessur2002 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Llessur2002

#2725 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:14 am

And Levels 1 & 2...
Attachments
Level 2.pdf
(182.15 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Level 1.pdf
(245.4 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Patrick_27

#2726 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Two points of concern with those layouts, the escalators to level 1 are at the very back of the centre, with the Gawler Street entrance closed for H&M it's quite a detour for people wanting to get to the foodcourt level. Also, level two has no escalator access at all, I can't see them having much success filling those tenancies up there even if they are health and wellbeing focused.

One thing I noticed also is that it has the OPSM site up for lease? Are they closing this in favour of their new mall shopfront or?

Llessur2002

#2727 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:33 pm
Two points of concern with those layouts, the escalators to level 1 are at the very back of the centre, with the Gawler Street entrance closed for H&M it's quite a detour for people wanting to get to the foodcourt level. Also, level two has no escalator access at all, I can't see them having much success filling those tenancies up there even if they are health and wellbeing focused.

One thing I noticed also is that it has the OPSM site up for lease? Are they closing this in favour of their new mall shopfront or?
The escalator up to Level 1 is the one right in the middle of the plaza - the two near the rear are down from Level 1 and down to the Lower Ground. The Gawler Place entrance will be reinstated - you'll have to walk through Hennes but you can still get through to the rest of the plaza as per before.

Not sure about OPSM - the store branding on the plans has an air of Windows Paint about it so it could just be an oversight. I'll do some digging...

The Scooter Guy

#2728 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:58 am

Sad news for comic lovers:
We want to say thank you for everyone that came in this week!

Pulp Fiction Comics will be surely missed by many and ourselves!

PFC Closed it's doors today for the last time!
We've been around for 14 years and I want to say 9 months.
We came along and changed the game for Adelaide.

Keep on reading comics!

It's been a ride.
It's been our pleasure.
Thank you and goodnight.

from Tim, James and Peter!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#2729 Post by Mpol03 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 am

Dam, the end of an era.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2730 Post by Ben » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:24 am

Bettys Burgers are opening in the former American Apparel store on Rundle Street.

https://www.bettysburgers.com.au/