[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2701 Post by Hooligan » Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Tyler_Durden wrote:While I'm not that bothered by who gets the first game it would just seem more apt for Adelaide Football Club, the only team that can truly claim to be Adelaide's team, to be the first team to play a home game there. Port Adelaide name themselves after and identify with a place 15kms down the road. They will only ever be visitors to the city of Adelaide.
Just in case you don't know. The Crows have never been based in the city or had anything to do with the actual city of Adelaide since the SANFL shit them out. They actually come from a place 15kms down the road.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

User avatar
bretthandorf
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2702 Post by bretthandorf » Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm

anyone got any new pics of the redevelopment? I don't have any time to get down there :(

Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2703 Post by Hooligan » Fri May 03, 2013 5:55 pm

I found a link to the crows official Adelaide oval page:

http://www.adelaidecrowval.com

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

User avatar
Matt
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 66 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2704 Post by Matt » Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 pm

bretthandorf wrote:anyone got any new pics of the redevelopment? I don't have any time to get down there :(
http://orangelane.com.au/?page_id=1298

Buckets on there, some from as recent as a week or so ago from memory.

Loads of pics from all sorts of angles that we don't ordinarily get to see.

User avatar
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2705 Post by Tyler_Durden » Fri May 03, 2013 11:50 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:While I'm not that bothered by who gets the first game it would just seem more apt for Adelaide Football Club, the only team that can truly claim to be Adelaide's team, to be the first team to play a home game there. Port Adelaide name themselves after and identify with a place 15kms down the road. They will only ever be visitors to the city of Adelaide.
The first part of your statement doesn't agree with the rest of your statement. ;)
Why not? Just because I think it's more appropriate that Adelaide host first doesn't mean it bothers me too much. I'm just excited that AFC is moving to Adelaide Oval.

User avatar
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2706 Post by Tyler_Durden » Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

Hooligan wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:While I'm not that bothered by who gets the first game it would just seem more apt for Adelaide Football Club, the only team that can truly claim to be Adelaide's team, to be the first team to play a home game there. Port Adelaide name themselves after and identify with a place 15kms down the road. They will only ever be visitors to the city of Adelaide.
Just in case you don't know. The Crows have never been based in the city or had anything to do with the actual city of Adelaide since the SANFL shit them out. They actually come from a place 15kms down the road.
Really? You're playing dumb? Port Adelaide don't play or train in Port Adelaide either but it's clear that's what they respresent. And Adelaide Football Club clearly represent the great city of Adelaide. I suppose you think Adelaide United and Adelaide 36ers don't have anything to do with Adelaide either.

User avatar
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2707 Post by Tyler_Durden » Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 am

Pants wrote:As for who hosts the first game, the main driver should be ensuring two sell outs for the season.
Only two sell outs for the season? I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say Adelaide should sell out most of their games next year.
Pants wrote:As for what Tyler said, I take your point about Adelaide being a cobbled together, cross-bred club with no real identity or history,
I didn't say that. If that's what you think put your own name to it, don't hide behind me.
Pants wrote:but if it wasn't for Port angling for a better stadium deal and the reluctant Crows being dragged along, the new Adelaide Oval wouldn't have happened,
Not true. Adelaide were always open to the idea but couldn't say so publicly until it was signed and sealed in case it fell through. Had the SACA members voted no then AAMI was here to stay and its brand had to be protected as much as possible until it was committed to the scrap heap. Without Adelaide Football Club committing to the move the Government sure wouldn't be committing half a billion and we also wouldn't be where we are today.

User avatar
Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Back Home
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 26 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2708 Post by Pants » Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 am

1. I was talking about two Showdown sell outs. I wouldn't be so confident about the Camry Crows selling out most of their games next year though. Staying home with a chardonnay/hot chocolate/apricot slice/Crows-striped blanket will seem like a very enticing option to your fairweather fans* when the reality that you're nowhere near as good as last year's soft draw allowed you to suggest coninues to set in and your sanctions for cheating start to bite a bit more.

2. I know. I was being antagonistic. I would have though that was obvious.

3. Possibly, although the fact remains that Port instigated it.**



*I know, but let me make my point.
**We really should take this to another thread in the pub.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 427 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2709 Post by rev » Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 am

The Crows will not sell out most of their home games next year, the year after, the year after that etc. Simply not going to happen.
Your club could include complimentary bingo tickets and the best aged care facilities at home games for your fans, and it still wont help sell out games.
And I'm not being antagonistic, but realistic.

The Crows were never open to the idea of moving to Adelaide Oval. The Crows stated they had no interest or intention of going to Adelaide Oval. Even most Crows supporters were against the idea.
The whole process started when Port Adelaide wanted to move to Adelaide Oval to get a better stadium deal, and play in a stadium sized more to it's game day crowds. The first AFL match ever at AO in the final round against Melbourne was proof that the idea was viable and would work for Port. Some 30,000 odd fans turned out for the game that was a dead rubber with neither team having any chance of finals.
The whole thin was hijacked by the government who wanted a "new" stadium for their riverbank precinct, and the slimy snakes at the SANFL who saw another opportunity to milk the Port Adelaide football club, something they have been doing since 1870(something they owe their existence to greatly).
And when the SANFL got involved, that is when the Crows "decided" they wanted to "move" as well. In other words, the SANFL said let's do it, and the Crows had no choice but to agree.

The reason the Crows president(Chapman?) was saying that the first 2014 showdown be held a few rounds into the 2014 season, is because it is almost a certainty that the AFL will be giving the round 1 home game of 2014 at Adelaide Oval to Port Adelaide, and they prefer that it is is a round 1 showdown. However a few games into the season, and there is a chance that the first showdown will be a Crows homegame. He says that we wont be able to cope with 50,000 people in round 1. WHAT??!!
Adelaide Oval has played host to concerts with 50-60,000 people..
Have we never had any event in Adelaide with over 50,000 people?
It's just excuses to try and rob Port of it's right to host the first showdown. But unfortunately his little games aren't going to work because he isn't dealing with the complicit, corrupt "boys club" SANFL, but the AFL(who will hopefully soon take at least Port's license off the SANFL who have done more to hurt the club and national league then promote and grow it).

Port Adelaide's 'slogan' for Adelaide Oval is..."We're coming home".
Port Adelaide very much sees Adelaide Oval as a home ground.

User avatar
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2710 Post by jk1237 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 am

Tyler_Durden wrote:
Hooligan wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:While I'm not that bothered by who gets the first game it would just seem more apt for Adelaide Football Club, the only team that can truly claim to be Adelaide's team, to be the first team to play a home game there. Port Adelaide name themselves after and identify with a place 15kms down the road. They will only ever be visitors to the city of Adelaide.
Just in case you don't know. The Crows have never been based in the city or had anything to do with the actual city of Adelaide since the SANFL shit them out. They actually come from a place 15kms down the road.
Really? You're playing dumb? Port Adelaide don't play or train in Port Adelaide either but it's clear that's what they respresent. And Adelaide Football Club clearly represent the great city of Adelaide. I suppose you think Adelaide United and Adelaide 36ers don't have anything to do with Adelaide either.
ok now your'e being an idiot, you keep changing and switching your term 'Adelaide' to mean either the city centre or our whole entire city (metro area) to suit your non-argument. Is Port Adelaide within greater Adelaide also, or not? The crows have never been directly associated with the city centre, ever.

Now there is website called Bigfooty and Bay 13 for this nonsense

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 427 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2711 Post by rev » Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am

Back to Adelaide Oval.. :lol:
Here's an old historical photo from the ground from 1910(PAFC premiership year too :wink:)
Image

Once the new redevelopment is finished a then and now comparison would be good to see.

User avatar
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2712 Post by Tyler_Durden » Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Pants wrote:1. I was talking about two Showdown sell outs. I wouldn't be so confident about the Camry Crows selling out most of their games next year though. Staying home with a chardonnay/hot chocolate/apricot slice/Crows-striped blanket will seem like a very enticing option to your fairweather fans* when the reality that you're nowhere near as good as last year's soft draw allowed you to suggest coninues to set in and your sanctions for cheating start to bite a bit more.
We'll see. I'm very confident Adelaide will get very good crowds and many sell outs. On field results always fluctuate for all teams but the Crows crowds have remained consistently strong over their lifetime, during good times and bad. You must be a bit anxious as to what Port's crowds will be after the novelty wears off though, they're putting a lot of hope in the new stadium being the motivator to their fans bothering to turn up.
Pants wrote:2. I know. I was being antagonistic. I would have though that was obvious.
Sorry I wasn't antagonised.
Pants wrote:3. Possibly, although the fact remains that Port instigated it.**
No, that is the opposite of a fact. Port may have been keen to move to an undeveloped Adelaide Oval but what we now have is a very different scenario, instigated by AFL/SA Government on the condition AFC would move.

User avatar
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2713 Post by Tyler_Durden » Sat May 04, 2013 1:43 pm

jk1237 wrote:ok now your'e being an idiot, you keep changing and switching your term 'Adelaide' to mean either the city centre or our whole entire city (metro area) to suit your non-argument. Is Port Adelaide within greater Adelaide also, or not? The crows have never been directly associated with the city centre, ever.
'Adelaide' does refer to the city centre and the greater metro area. Those terms are interchangable. When a team represents a city it represents the city itself aswell a the metro area. It ain't that difficult to understand, surely.
rev wrote:Port Adelaide very much sees Adelaide Oval as a home ground.
Of course they do. They are hardly going to say it's an away ground. It doesn't change the fact they represent Port Adelaide rather than Adelaide, by their own choice.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 19 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2714 Post by Hooligan » Sat May 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Well Port Adelaide have never had a home ground in Port Adelaide either so what do you think about that.

Also, the crows are just a puppet of the SANFL. The crows only said they were happy about the move when the SANFL told them to be happy about the move. When the SANFL says "jump" the crows say "how high?"

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6795
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 1130 times

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#2715 Post by Ben » Sat May 04, 2013 2:53 pm

I think this "banter" should be moved to the pub as to be honest I don't give a crap about why you think your team is better than anyone else's.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Nort and 3 guests