[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Kasey771
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: SWP: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#2296 Post by Kasey771 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:40 am

There is something odd (some sort of construction) going on behind the Northern mound. Not sure what. Was already in the car and leaving the oval when I noticed, snappy pictures from 15Jun2012) on the way.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2297 Post by Kasey771 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:51 am

Again, starting at the Northern Mound, just outside the gates and working my view Southwards. Next time I will spend a bit more time on this Northern Mound construction now that I know its there:
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#2298 Post by mattblack » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Kasey771 wrote:There is something odd (some sort of construction) going on behind the Northern mound. Not sure what. Was already in the car and leaving the oval when I noticed, snappy pictures from 15Jun2012) on the way.
New facilities like toilets and eateries.

cometthecat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#2299 Post by cometthecat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Looks like good progress here, the Bradman stand seems to be completely gone now!

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2300 Post by Wayno » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:01 pm

looks like the existing score/replay screen will be retained. Hopefully some hi-res 21st century technology gets installed in the frame - the images are very grainy at the moment.

From the AO redevelopment website:
The atmosphere inside a redeveloped Adelaide Oval will be something to savour, with a high-quality audio system delivering quality sound throughout. The designs include three replay screens - one located between the Southern and Western stands, another between the Southern and Eastern stands and also adjacent to the heritage scoreboard - so fans won't miss a thing. It's anticipated that the screens will be 150 and 200 square metres respectively, which will make them bigger than the screens at the MCG.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2301 Post by Will » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

The first tower crane was erected today.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2302 Post by Kasey771 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:40 am

Will wrote:The first tower crane was erected today.
Bugger, just missed it (going in on Friday).:( I guess that means things will really start to motor along now. right?

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#2303 Post by rogue » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Wayno wrote:looks like the existing score/replay screen will be retained. Hopefully some hi-res 21st century technology gets installed in the frame - the images are very grainy at the moment.

From the AO redevelopment website:
The atmosphere inside a redeveloped Adelaide Oval will be something to savour, with a high-quality audio system delivering quality sound throughout. The designs include three replay screens - one located between the Southern and Western stands, another between the Southern and Eastern stands and also adjacent to the heritage scoreboard - so fans won't miss a thing. It's anticipated that the screens will be 150 and 200 square metres respectively, which will make them bigger than the screens at the MCG.
Hi Wayno, i reckon a new screen will be built at the northern end. The latest update states piling has commenced at northern end for new screen. Check it out here: http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... e_2012.pdf

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2304 Post by Wayno » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm

rogue wrote:Hi Wayno, i reckon a new screen will be built at the northern end. The latest update states piling has commenced at northern end for new screen. Check it out here: http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... e_2012.pdf
thanks Rogue. Well spotted!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#2305 Post by mattblack » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:58 am

The placement of the first crane directly behind the memorial drive grandstand looks as though its for the new indoor facility near the members stand and also for one end of the new southern stand. looks like it will be 2 x cranes for the southern stand.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2306 Post by Kasey771 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Couldn't help myself, was in the neighbourhood again, wanted more pics of the Structures being erected behind the Northern mound

And of course a crane peeking through at right of frame:)

Matt
Legendary Member!

[COM] U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#2307 Post by Matt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 am

Keep the updates coming!

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2308 Post by Pants » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah, thanks for the updates Kasey. This is probably the Adelaide development I'm most interested in so they're really appreciated.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#2310 Post by Kasey771 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Pants wrote:Yeah, thanks for the updates Kasey. This is probably the Adelaide development I'm most interested in so they're really appreciated.
No worries at all guys, I'm a massive stadium nerd so this is my number 1 concern for updates at the minute. Northern mound by September 2012 should mean they are getting a motor on over the next month:)