[COM] 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: #Approved - 374-400 King William Street - 11 levels - 40m

#61 Post by skyliner » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong. In the simplest and most succinct terms I can find to substantiate what I said in my post of Jul.8th I use Perth as an anecdotal axample of a city that grew extensivlely due to a mining boom. Till then it lagged far behind Adelaide in population, look at it now - the CBD has had a massive change also. Similar will happen here.

Now for futher substantiation of my point. Spin offs from the mines create big changes in population and resultant markets and demands. I recently looked at the mines in SA. They represent a massive increase of interest in this state in the past 2 years ALONE. According to mine reports We have about 38% of the world's uranium in SA. The sheer concentration alone is enough to bring great wealth, population and development to Adelaide and SA. Add in the whole climate change/energy demand scenario as well as the restriction on such mines in WA and QLD, and you can see SA will becomwe a world focus.

ADELAIDE _ TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE.
Jack.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#62 Post by AtD » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 am

My point was uranium is a small industry. Total national mining exports for 2005-06 were $59,848m, and total national exports of all goods and services were $152,390 (ABS), while:
"[National] Exports of uranium oxide in 2005 were a record 12,360 tonnes, valued at $573m" -ABS
So you can see how uranium, compared to our other mining exports, is not that significant. Growth in other minerals is probably more significant to our economy. I don’t disagree that the uranium boom will be positive for the property market, but I don’t think it should be the centre of our attention.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#63 Post by AG » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 pm

Keep in mind that the price of uranium is expected to increase over the next 25 or so years, there is already a shortage of uranium supplies globally while the demand for the uranium has increased from almost nothing since about 1970, so the world price will keep going up dramatically as it is currently if we don't increase production, particularly as demand continues to increase every year (notably from China and India). The price has already increased at least five-fold since 1998, so the value of uranium exports, even for a fixed amount, continues to increase. Some parts of the world are already relying on stockpiles of uranium for use due to the shortage.

It is to SA's advantage that it has over one-third of the world's known uranium ore deposits, the world price is increasing rapidly, and is basically the only state where new uranium mines have been made legal. The uranium industry is still small though but IMO, most people still underestimate how much growth over the next few years could contribute to the economy and generate economic activity in other sectors such as construction.

http://www.abareconomics.com/publicatio ... ranium.pdf

skyliner

#64 Post by skyliner » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Ag - what you have said is the entire point behind what I said in my last post. Future projections will greatly benefit this state keeping in mind demand increase, climate change policies and changes and economic outcomes to the host state. Given these current trends we can't lose with 38% of all world uranium.
Jack.

skyliner

#65 Post by skyliner » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Anyone know of any further develpments here?

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Zender
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#66 Post by Zender » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 am

skyliner wrote:Anyone know of any further develpments here?

I go past this site pretty much everyday, does ANYONE know what is happening with it??? its been derelict for way over a year now. Looks bloody terrible just sitting there. imagine what tourists think :shock:

ozisnowman
High Rise Poster!

#67 Post by ozisnowman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:20 am

Think the problem is that that the site is on the wrong side of town, no
one wants to precommit to being isolated from other business. What
the developers need to do is bite the bullet and build the damn thing
and they will come. Im sure they would find a tenant quick once the
building was built assuming it has good car parking facilities etc.

I reckon it will take some time to see development start heading
down King William Street South, but the Commonwealth Law Courts,
SA Water, Gouger Street and Coglin St Office buildings are a
start in the right direction.

I think the office buildings on the Mitsubishi site have more chance
of going up than this one.

rhino

#68 Post by rhino » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:57 am

Hopefully the free tram travel all along King Billy Street will start to entice business to the southern part of the street. Access has sudenly become a lot easier.
cheers,
Rhino

skyliner

#69 Post by skyliner » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:41 pm

rhino wrote:Hopefully the free tram travel all along King Billy Street will start to entice business to the southern part of the street. Access has sudenly become a lot easier.
This is the thinking behind the construction of the line in the west end and beyond and must surely be relevant to he areas along KWS sth. With this, I am suprised that few. if any, known tenants have shown interest. The building's function may have to be combined with other uses.

]ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Buildit
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#70 Post by Buildit » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:33 am

Allstate Group, who now own the PT Group have moved to site, some sort of demo / remediation should be starting soon by the look of things.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#71 Post by rogue » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Wait for it............ ACTION ON SITE TODAY!!! :D :D :D

Clearing debris etc.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#72 Post by UrbanSG » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Sounds positive. Haven't seen any action on this site for a while now and it is a real eyesore. Hopefully they have secured a pre-commitment or are planning to construct this one. The tram extension should be a huge incentive. I really want this one to go ahead. Together with SA Water, Thomson Playford, Coglin Street and other proposals, this will really start to create a southern skyline for Adelaide.

skyliner

#73 Post by skyliner » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Great to hear this news! :D :D I too really want to see this go up. Most be around a year since we first heard of it.

The aesthetics of this are especiially pleasing . A very dominating building for the area added to by the fact of it's length - about half a city block long. Different to all other Adelaide architecture also giving uniqueness as an added attraction. I could rave about this one for some time - very modern, sleek and clean. Should be somewhat of a catalyst towards more happening in the area.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE.
Jack.

skyliner

[COM] Re: #U/C - 374-400 King William Street - 11 levels - 40m

#74 Post by skyliner » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Just noticed - the CBD board has this as 'U/C' but the thread still has 'approved' - what is happening here?

Sorry - was changed during the construction of this post and it went up as 'U/C'. Excellent!.

Jack.

Zender
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: #U/C - 374-400 King William Street - 11 levels - 40m

#75 Post by Zender » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:44 pm

YAY! finally! they took their time... 8)

p.s. the mechanic & deli next to the optus building has fencing all around it, is going to be demolished for a new building? I think i read somewhere before, another guy said that something might be going up there but he can't say what...
my bad if this is site site for the whole wave/edge thing, but I'm pretty sure its not.
Attachments
9de51b4d-df88-445d-a25b-f396f312982d.jpg
9de51b4d-df88-445d-a25b-f396f312982d.jpg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 4120 times