[COM] Rundle Lantern

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #Approved: Rundle Convergence

#436 Post by Wayno » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 am

has work on the Rundle Convergence started yet? I thought it was supposed to be ready by ~May 2008 timeframe...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

#437 Post by Tyler_Durden » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:50 am

shiftaling wrote:Please please PLEASE can Northern Lights be made a permanent nightly fixture. It looks just so fantastic, and would fit in well with the Rundle convergence
I wouldn't like to see it happen every night, I think it would lose it's appeal, but maybe one night a month or something like that could work, along with special occasions like Christmas or whatever.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#438 Post by skyliner » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm

shiftaling wrote:Please please PLEASE can Northern Lights be made a permanent nightly fixture. It looks just so fantastic, and would fit in well with the Rundle convergence
Pardon my ignorance, maybe I have'nt read all I should have, but what is 'Northern Lights?'

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#439 Post by Will » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 pm

skyliner wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, maybe I have'nt read all I should have, but what is 'Northern Lights?'

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=6&t=1475

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#440 Post by AtD » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Wayno wrote:has work on the Rundle Convergence started yet? I thought it was supposed to be ready by ~May 2008 timeframe...
It's probably going on in a warehouse somewhere. I'd say once the units are built, they just need to be attached.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#441 Post by Just build it » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Tyler_Durden wrote:
I wouldn't like to see it happen every night, I think it would lose it's appeal, but maybe one night a month or something like that could work, along with special occasions like Christmas or whatever.
I'm wondering who it would lose its appeal too? In a city of a million people, every night of the year somebody is driven, drives or walks through our city for the very first time. Instead of NT being a fairly dull strip after dark to country, interstate and overseas visitors, this lighting would make it a memorable visual highlight of the city. It could be altered throughout the year between subtle (seasonal hues maybe) or outrageous (festivals, special dates etc).

IMHO Adelaide desperately needs all the visual help it can get, especially on weeknights. Our larger CBD buildings are all commercial and the lights go out early so the city feels darker than it should. Flicking the switch on the NT lights for one night a week or month isn't going to get anyone travelling to the city specifically to see it, its just not 'that' spectacular. But it is spectacular enough that anyone (regardless of where they are from) travelling down NT any old night of the week would look at the buildings and think, "That looks great".

If something looks good and people respond really well to it, why turn it off?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#442 Post by monotonehell » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Just to redirect you all to where the Northern Lights is being discussed, instead of having the same discussion going on in two places. :)

http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=6&t=1475
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #Approved - Edge (416-420 KWS) - 11 Levels - 40m

#443 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 am

Fencing is going up around site for commencement of demolition.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#444 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 am

Thanks for the info Ben. The amount of development going on in the CBD and that end of town in particular at the moment is amazing.

On a side note I noticed this morning that it looks like they have almost finished the northern wall stablising works for 400 KWS, couldn't quiet tell but it looked like they were also working near the core section on the eastern side about half way along? Can you see from your office Ben? You are in the midst of construction central there atm :D

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#445 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:27 am

UrbanSG wrote:Thanks for the info Ben. The amount of development going on in the CBD and that end of town in particular at the moment is amazing.

On a side note I noticed this morning that it looks like they have almost finished the northern wall stablising works for 400 KWS, couldn't quiet tell but it looked like they were also working near the core section on the eastern side about half way along? Can you see from your office Ben? You are in the midst of construction central there atm :D
yeh I know I'm loving it!

Yes it looks like the core is being constructed as we speak. there has been a huge amount of deliveries on site so hopefully the main structure works are not too far off now.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#446 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:28 am

Good to hear Ben. They have been doing a lot of the hard ground work over the last few months at 400KWS. Soon we should start to see it go up. With its likely steel frame, 400 KWS could go up fairly quickly too. Can't wait.

Omicron

#447 Post by Omicron » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Ben wrote:
yeh I know I'm loving it!

skyliner

#448 Post by skyliner » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:29 pm

Good to hear about the edge/wave action. I was completely 'in the dark' about these two when things fell through earlier in the year.

KWS Sth will become a good entry advertisement for the economic health of Adelaide. Will have a psychological outcome on all who go through - especially if 400KWS Sth, Hills, the Edge and the Wave as well as the proposed bldg behind Brecknock all get going together. (and also the resi block opposite 400 KWS Sth - which as far as I know, is still a possibility). :D :D

ADELAIDE- TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#449 Post by Pistol » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:11 pm

I have a feeling that this projects start is imminent. I was walking to work last night past Hungry Jacks and noticed that the two large plane trees outside had been totally removed (much to my dismay). Now it can either be for the upgrade of the footpath that will happen soon but I really doubt that as to the length of time they take and various cranes etc needed to install the convergence. So fingers crossed we see some work soon.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#450 Post by jk1237 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:46 pm

yeah I noticed the trees coming down and couldnt think of anything else than its for the covergence to begin. Otherwise, its just plain silly to cut trees down. This poject was meant to be finished before winter ends, I did hear.

just a thought edit, they are doing new streetscaping for Pulteney st, and this area is the last of the street. The trees coming down may be for that