[COM] Rundle Lantern

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: COM: Rundle Lantern

#1006 Post by peas_and_corn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

DaShyFreak wrote:
claybro wrote:Advertising giant screens on both sides for mine.
^This. I say even more to cover the ugly carparks.
How about something that looks good? Advertising looks fugly.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1007 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:17 am

Mants wrote:one of the carpark walls would be a perfect spot for a green wall. and if constructed appropriately it would not restrict airflow in or out.
That's actually a really good idea - pitch it to the Adelaide City Council.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

DaveAdl
Gold-Member ;)

#1008 Post by DaveAdl » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 am

I must admit for the first time in a long time I was at this intersection and a controversial thought occurred to me how about we relocate the Rundle Lantern to the Target Centrepoint building and demolish the eyesore that is the carpark on what would have to be one of Adelaide's prime pieces of real estate .... I know it would never happen as carparks are protected in SA and can look as ugly as they like but hey just a thought.....

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1009 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:14 am

DaveAdl wrote:I must admit for the first time in a long time I was at this intersection and a controversial thought occurred to me how about we relocate the Rundle Lantern to the Target Centrepoint building and demolish the eyesore that is the carpark on what would have to be one of Adelaide's prime pieces of real estate .... I know it would never happen as carparks are protected in SA and can look as ugly as they like but hey just a thought.....
Protected or not, they bulldozed a beautiful building to construct this car-park, I say go for it! Perhaps a building that houses Big W?

DaveAdl
Gold-Member ;)

#1010 Post by DaveAdl » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:47 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
DaveAdl wrote:I must admit for the first time in a long time I was at this intersection and a controversial thought occurred to me how about we relocate the Rundle Lantern to the Target Centrepoint building and demolish the eyesore that is the carpark on what would have to be one of Adelaide's prime pieces of real estate .... I know it would never happen as carparks are protected in SA and can look as ugly as they like but hey just a thought.....
Protected or not, they bulldozed a beautiful building to construct this car-park, I say go for it! Perhaps a building that houses Big W?
I try to forget that fact .... It always amazes me how we have gone from one extreme of knocking down beautiful buildings to erect an eyesore in the past .... to present day where an eyesore (even an empty block of land) can't be developed with out major resistance