[COM] Rundle Lantern

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#76 Post by AtD » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:55 pm

The ACC need not comply with the laws of physics.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#77 Post by AtD » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:21 pm

The new display. It's a bit more professional but doesn't tell us anything new.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#78 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Has anyone else noticed the new speakers the whole length of the mall. Currently playing Christmas songs but I hope they maintain them past Christmas as it adds to the atmosphere down there.

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#79 Post by Al » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:23 pm

I was walking down the mall last week and I noticed they were playing carols. Quite nice.

There was another little article in the papers last week about a couple of Adelaide (?) University students winning an architecture prize with their idea to liven up Rundle Mall. From memory, it was to hang large screens along the length of the mall and using projectors to display images along these screens. The images displayed could be themed like for Christmas or other events. Sounds pretty simple but interesting. I think the council needs to look at these things if they intent to attract people away from the suburban shopping centres.

TT
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#80 Post by TT » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:46 pm

On the matter of Hungry Jack's, it will soon be moving to City Cross.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#81 Post by AtD » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:15 pm

^ That would be odd. City Cross has neither the seating capacity, nor the thousands of teenagers. It'd be dead after hours.

Opening a HJ's in City Cross I could see, but moving the existing one, I could not.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#82 Post by Pistol » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:46 pm

They would be mad to give up their prime situated outlet. Maybe another one is going in CX. That HJs seems to be a magnet for the drunk and stupid.

TT
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#83 Post by TT » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:34 pm

AtD wrote:^ That would be odd. City Cross has neither the seating capacity, nor the thousands of teenagers. It'd be dead after hours.

Opening a HJ's in City Cross I could see, but moving the existing one, I could not.
True. The email I got only made mention of a 'new' store opening so there weren't many details given.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#84 Post by Edgar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:02 pm

I am not sure who owns City Cross or how they got all the big name tenders as their tenants but with their mall opening only during office hours just does not make sense for the potential that they could have.

Since the closing of the Post Office at Hindmarsh Square to City Cross, not only are they located at the 2nd level, proving inconvenience for the older citizens. but they have also moved the entire post office boxes to the new location as well. And owners can only get access to their post box when they malls are operating, when it's close, it's close, there is absolutely no access (although safer - but doesnt really make a difference). I usually go and check out my letter box after working hours because that is when I am free, now, I have to go and check it during working hours.

And now with the possibility that Hungry Jack at Hindmarsh moving to City Cross is just going to make things worse. First, City Cross isn't big at all, I've seen the new location for Hungry Jack, it is only 1/3 or possibly only 1/4 of the size of current location. And to operate only when the mall is operating is not going to be very benefiting although their business during peak hours is going to be absolutely insane.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#85 Post by crawf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:36 am

Rundle St store isnt closing, their just opening another store in the city

As for the size, well its a food court outlet not a restaurant
Last edited by crawf on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#86 Post by Ben » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:41 am

I thought there were no vacancies left except one where sub primo was and that wouldn't even fit 1/4 of the HJ's kitchen so I don't know where it is to go unless it's upstairs next to Amart all sports?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#87 Post by crawf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 pm

I reacon HJs is taking over the Hungry Georges site, has anyone had that??

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#88 Post by Al » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 pm

HJ is moving in next to Subway. Hungry George's store is now occupied by CityX Grill. I think they're doing the fitout now.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#89 Post by Ben » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Al wrote:HJ is moving in next to Subway. Hungry George's store is now occupied by CityX Grill. I think they're doing the fitout now.
No way, that's not physically possible is it?

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#90 Post by stelaras » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:55 pm

does it really matter....Its just another fast food outlet serving food that is contributing to the obesity problem facing Australian youth and Australians as a whole....

After all we are second to the USA for obesity related issues....even the English eat better than us!!!

I reckon they ought to ban fast food outlets like that.....

A healthy fresh cut roll or sandwich costs just about the same price if not cheaper, has probably half the fat and tastes so much better...Might actually fill you up rather than the junk these fast food places provide which fill you up for about 1hr....

wasteful nutritionless calories, contributing to the growing midregions of Aussie people.....despite the other things that high fat diets cause...like:

impotence, bad skin, constipation and coronary heart disease

that's my community announcement for the day!