[COM] 69-71 Light Square | 46m | 14lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Dvious
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: APP: 69-71 Light Square | 55m | 16lvls | Residential

#31 Post by Dvious » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:22 pm

A friend of mine has built a building model for this development for the Architect, and "apparently" apartments have already been sold.

So see how this goes.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#32 Post by ml69 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 am

phenom wrote:
Shahkar wrote:Considering it's only 54 apartments, this shouldn't take too long to start. Unless obviously they're ridiculously overpriced.
Yep, I'm hoping their use of 'indulgent' is hyperbole and these things aren't going to be positioned as 'luxe' because I think they'll have trouble shifting them (more than otherwise, given the current economic climate). I do like that the east facing side at least is basically impossible to build out.
I think the park-facing apartments deserve to sell at a price premium, given location in a happening part of the city, and fitout looks to be good standard. Also appears there may only be 4 apartments per floor so it's a bit more exclusive than some of the other apartment developments. But as always the market will truly determine whether this proves out true.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by Ben » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Tenders are out for this one closing 30 July. I can't believe how crazy our apartment market is atm.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: APP: 69-71 Light Square | 70m | 17lvls | Residential

#34 Post by Ben » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Pleasant surprise with an increase in height of 14.5m including an additional level and a roof/plant room feature. This building wll look huge being so skinny.

http://ncapps.adelaidecitycouncil.com/a ... hments.pdf

Dog
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by Dog » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Don't know to laugh or cry when i think about all the crap that went on about the approval of that small office building with the orange facade on the south east corner of light square. Adelaide has come a long way!

Jamminmelo15
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#36 Post by Jamminmelo15 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Really, really hope this gets approved, and then gets built. :D

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by Ben » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Tenders are already out should start in November ;)

Dog
High Rise Poster!

[COM] APP: 69-71 Light Square | 70m | 17lvls | Residential

#38 Post by Dog » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 am

Often think for buildings like this they should be able to buy (if neighbours willing to sell) something like "view rights" being able buy the right off your neighbour to put widows and balconies on their adjoining boundaries, this may help prevent us end up with buildings with ugly concrete slab walls each site.
Fair enough if there are plans in place to quickly build on the neighbouring property the occasional slab wall is OK, but for lots of Adelaide properties it may take 50 years before anyone builds next door and covers it up an ugly slab wall.
This would be particularly useful when building next to heritage buildings as potentially nothing will ever be built above them. A good example is Edmond Wright house in King William street, that ugly taxation building (now apartments) was built next door with about 18 stories of ugly rough cast concrete blocks. It would make new buildings more attractive give greater architectural flexibility, more saleable apartments and offices with views, and give the owner of heritage buildings with limited development potential some extra value or income.
Last edited by Dog on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#39 Post by Phantom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 am

Dog wrote:Often think for buildings like this they should be able to buy (if neighbours willing to sell) something like "view rights" being able buy the right off your neighbour to put widows and balconies on their adjoining boundaries, this may help prevent us end up with buildings with ugly concrete slab walls each site.
Fair enough if there are plans in place to quickly build on the neighbouring property the occasional slab wall is OK, but for lots of Adelaide properties it may take 50 years before anyone builds next door and covers it up an ugly slab wall.
This would be particularly useful when building next to heritage buildings as potentially nothing will ever be built above them. A good example is Edmond Wright house in King William street, that ugly taxation building (now apartments) was built next door with about 18 stories of ugly rough cast concrete blocks. It would make new buildings more attractive give greater architectural flexibility, more saleable apartments and offices with views, and give the owner of heritage buildings with limited development potential some extra value or income.
Definitely agree. I mean, some of these walls look horrendous. Another good example of this is the Urbanest building on North Tce and Bank St. The side that faces the city looks pretty... Bland, to say the least.

Am I imagining that the Myer Centre has one of these ugly blank walls, too?

Anyway, back on topic. I'd love to see Morphett St and Light Square becoming Adelaide's next big precinct! :D

More developments like this, please!!!
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

serca
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by serca » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Dog its not so much for privacy reasons why there are concrete walls on boundaries all over the CBD. It's regulated by the BCA no matter what class of building if it is on the boundary, within 900mm (600mm for wet area with a window less the 1.2m2) a wall can not have windows or openings for fire protection. We have the great fire on london to thank for that code. At 70m this is going to look massive where it is.

Dog
High Rise Poster!

[COM] APP: 69-71 Light Square | 70m | 17lvls | Residential

#41 Post by Dog » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 pm

serca wrote:Dog its not so much for privacy reasons why there are concrete walls on boundaries all over the CBD. It's regulated by the BCA no matter what class of building if it is on the boundary, within 900mm (600mm for wet area with a window less the 1.2m2) a wall can not have windows or openings for fire protection. We have the great fire on london to thank for that code. At 70m this is going to look massive where it is.
It's may be what the fire code requires but, really it's not about fire, it's a titles issue. If both buildings, (heritage and high rise) were on the same title there could be glass on all sides of the high rise. (And would not be considered a greater risk of fire)
I guess I am just looking for a solution to 15 stories of ugly concrete slabs walls, Maybe my name of "viewing rights" is the wrong approach may be a system where both property owners owned the boundary wall or you could sell boundary wall rights. Anyway I think with good architecture and engineering we could do much better. Of cause I am a bigger fan of higher buildings with set backs or higher buildings set at angles so everyone gets s view.
Last edited by Dog on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#42 Post by Will » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:09 pm

It was reported on 7 news tonight that 15 apartments in this development have been sold already.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#43 Post by Ben » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Video makes this look amazing. can't wait for it to start.

http://www.palladiumapartments.com.au/

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#44 Post by Will » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:14 pm

According to the ad for this development on real-estate.com, 20 apartments, representing 40% of stock, have been sold.

LRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#45 Post by LRJ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm

'The Advertiser revealed an?apartment in the exclusive high-rise Palladium on Light project sold off the plan for a record $5.18 million.'

Tagara's had early builder involvement with this project so I wont be surprised if they build it. They currently have the apartments listed on their Tenders page:

http://www.tagara.com.au/tenders.html

News Article:
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 6758851319

.LJR.