[CAN] New Mayfield | 41-61m | 11-17lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Jaymz
Legendary Member!

[CAN] Re: APP: New Mayfield | 37-50m | 10-14lvls | Mixed Use

#196 Post by Jaymz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:15 pm

phenom wrote:Not sure if there's movement afoot here or not but the part of the site facing Gilbert St now has fence banners up 'advertising' asbestos removal.
Yes. The Wicked vans and car park operator has been told to be out by the end of November. Walked past today, and there is only a handful
of vehicles left in the yard. Hopefully demolition will start soon after that. It's a bit over a year since I put down my deposit, so no one is keener
to see this get underway than me :) I live just down the road, so will try to post pics as it happens.

Also, my last count on the website showed 64 apartments sold, and 23 on hold. That is a good number, but I am always a bit sceptical of the
ones shown as being on hold, but could probably say that some of those will move on to being sold.

langrissa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#197 Post by langrissa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 pm

The website is currently showing 65 apartments sold. The demolition & groundwork will certainly commence in December and also waiting for some big announcement re stage 2. :)
This is such a great development project. I also recently purchased one 2 bedroom apartment and really can't wait to move into the new apartment complex once stage 1 is completed in around 12-18 month time.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#198 Post by Jaymz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Yes, according to the sales office, stage 2 should go on sale very soon. Once people actually see a crane on site and construction underway,
it should encourage more interest in the development. Here's hoping that all 3 stages eventually get completed as planned.

langrissa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#199 Post by langrissa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Jaymz wrote:Yes, according to the sales office, stage 2 should go on sale very soon. Once people actually see a crane on site and construction underway,
it should encourage more interest in the development. Here's hoping that all 3 stages eventually get completed as planned.
I've heard construction for Stage 2 should commence shortly following Stage 1!! Hence BIG announcement :D !!

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#200 Post by phenom » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Really keen to see this go ahead. That whole site (rundown factory/office and parking for w*nkervans) just an eyesore for years.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#201 Post by Wayno » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Wow! The mid-south area of the city will soon be transformed. Vue, Ergo, now this.

We should expect more cafés and small bars to start appearing in the vicinity :-)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

langrissa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#202 Post by langrissa » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:37 am

The website is currently showing 76 apartments sold and the wicked vans all moved out this week. Definitely full steam ahead!!

langrissa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[CAN] Re: New Mayfield | 37-50m | 10-14lvls | Mixed Use

#203 Post by langrissa » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:11 pm

Drove pass the site today something is definitely happening on Norman & Myers Streets!! Looks like there will be some action & construction soon!! :banana:

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#204 Post by Jaymz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:59 pm

langrissa wrote:Drove pass the site today something is definitely happening on Norman & Myers Streets!! Looks like there will be some action & construction soon!! :banana:
I drove past there 2 days ago, and it looks the same as it did 2 months ago.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#205 Post by phenom » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Jaymz wrote:
langrissa wrote:Drove pass the site today something is definitely happening on Norman & Myers Streets!! Looks like there will be some action & construction soon!! :banana:
I drove past there 2 days ago, and it looks the same as it did 2 months ago.
Yep. I have no special insight or association with this development proposal but the traffic cones and 25 km/hr signs around the outside of this site seem more associated with the gas pipe upgrading that zinfra have been doing for envestra in the south-west of the city since last year.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#206 Post by Dvious » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 am

Yep, walked through yesterday, just Gas Pipe works.

Apparently on their facebook page work was meant to start the week of the 27th, but that obviously didn't happen. I think it will be very soon though.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#207 Post by Ben » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 am

According to their facebook page they posted this morning that demolition is starting today.

langrissa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#208 Post by langrissa » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 am

work on removing asbestos roof and demolition has commenced today

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#209 Post by Ben » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am

Work has kicked off on the $260 million New Mayfield project in the CBD’s southwest

Giuseppe Tauriello
The Advertiser
February 10, 201512:00AM

DEMOLITION of the former Mayfield engineering factory has kicked off in the city’s southwest, set to make way for one of the CBD’s biggest regeneration projects.

The first stage of the $260 million New Mayfield project will be completed by September next year, closely followed by the second stage which will kick off later this year before completion in 2017.

Together, they will add 257 apartments across two buildings on the site bordered by Sturt, Gilbert, Norman and Myers streets in the city’s southwest.

Sturt Land director David Bertram is developing the project, alongside the directors of local commercial building company Tagara.

Mr Bertram confirmed around 80 per cent of the 108 apartments in the first stage of the three-stage project had been sold off the plan.

“We’re funded for the project, we’re good to go and we’re rolling with stages one and two,” he said.

“The outcome is terrific in terms of what it’s going to do for population density in that area in the southwest.”

“The city is moving - with what’s happening down there now with Vue, with ourselves, and some of the other projects - it’s consolidating the whole precinct into a really desired residential area.”

“From an employment perspective, when we actually have this project through to the middle of stage two we’ll be employing indirectly and directly around 2000 people on the project.”

New Mayfield was approved as the first “catalyst site” under landmark city planning reforms announced in 2012.

Spread across more than 7000sqm, the project comprises three buildings varying in height up to 14 storeys.

Each stage will include space for retail shops - including grocers, cafes and restaurants - while discussions have commenced with gym operators to be part of the first stage building.

The developer has also proposed a narrowing of Sturt St to make way for wider footpaths as well as the installation of bike lanes similar to those on Frome St.

It is seeking financial assistance from the State Government and Adelaide City Council for the public upgrades.

“We’re in the process of rekindling some of that discussion - it took as a little bit of time obviously to get our finance up and our pre-sales away,” Mr Bertram said.

“The project will create a hum in the area - it’s going to bring vibrancy to this sector of the city and if you’re a city dweller that’s what you want.”

“If you're not a city dweller then I suppose you'd be saying to yourself maybe it’s time to buy the house down by the beach.”

The one and two-bedroom apartments each include a car park and range in price starting from around $360,000.

“We’ve pitched ourselves at a particular end of the market which is not pricey by any means but certainly at the quality end and delivering a reasonable sized product into a marketplace that isn’t yet as mature as Sydney and Melbourne where they’re looking for smaller accommodation,” Mr Bertram said.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#210 Post by Jaymz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Yep. Walked passed the site this morning and the asbestos roof removal is continuing.