[CAN] New Mayfield | 41-61m | 11-17lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN] Re: New Mayfield | 41-61m | 11-17lvls | Mixed Use

#331 Post by Norman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Walked past on Friday and it looks the same as it did at the start of October.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#332 Post by Ben » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Agent said they are currently under grounding the power lines in order to get machinery on site. Seems a bit Wierd as no other sites that I know of have had this issues. They said there will be a tower crane early in the new year. Talk about snail pace.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#333 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Plenty of activity on site today.

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#334 Post by phenom » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Ben wrote:Agent said they are currently under grounding the power lines in order to get machinery on site. Seems a bit Wierd as no other sites that I know of have had this issues. They said there will be a tower crane early in the new year. Talk about snail pace.
They've certainly been busy digging trenches in the road that runs down the length of this site (running between Sturt and Gilbert St). Wonder if it's related to the electrical transformer that's been left untouched (with remnants of the old warehouse) around it long after the rest of the sight was cleared and site works had already begun.

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#335 Post by EBG » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:54 pm

This work is not specifically related to the new Mayfield site but is part of a general up grading of the power supply to the south western section of the city of Adelaide.
This includes on going work in Sturt St, Gilbert St Wright St, Wright Court, Field St, Norman street (along side the Mayfield Site) ,Owen St Russell St and others.
Allowance has probably been made for all the new apartment projects in this area. PS I work in this area and there have been traffic stuff ups for months

The new Mayfiield gate in Sturt St was open by chance yesterday (24 Nov). As can be seen there has been almost no work for about 6 weeks. Picture taken from footpath at gate entrance.
Attachments
20151124_new mayfield.jpg
20151124_new mayfield.jpg (243.65 KiB) Viewed 8424 times

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#336 Post by Howie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Word is that administrators have just been appointed. The bank is now in possession. More information to come. Damn shame that.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#337 Post by Dvious » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 pm

What does that mean for the project?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#338 Post by how good is he » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 pm

The bank would probably just put the site on the market for sale. However I suspect that as the builder Tagara (or its directors) were a joint owner of the land that it is their liquidation/bankruptcy causing this. Therefore the other owners/partners should be able to use this as their opportunity to buy the site and continue the development. Obviously they would be competing with others but as they are also the owners, the higher the sale price if bought by others, the higher they receive (if there is anything left after the banks/loans).

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#339 Post by Jaymz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Hmmmmm, a worrying but not very surprising turn of events.

Now i'll be most interested to see if the sales office re-opens in middle of next week, after their Christmas/New Years break.

Surely it couldn't just be "business as usual!"

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#340 Post by Ben » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Article in today's paper but I can't read it online it's subscription only.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#341 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Sunday Mail Article
Financier Forum Partners wants to restart New Mayfield apartment project held up by Tagara collapse
January 17, 2016 12:00am
Cameron England

GOING UP: New Mayfield House will comprise 108 apartments over nine storeys while the second stage, Granary House, will have 74 apartments.

ONE of the city’s largest apartment and hotel developments looks set to go ahead despite the collapse of builder and major shareholder Tagara Builders.

The fate of the $300 million New Mayfield project, on Sturt St, Adelaide, has been in limbo since Tagara collapsed with debts of $21.5 million last June.

But the project financier, Forum Partners, told the Sunday Mail it wanted to take over management of the project and restart construction at the site as soon as possible.

The hotel group which plans to build a new Aloft-branded hotel on the site, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, also said it was committed to the New Mayfield development.

Forum appointed a receiver to Sturt Land Pty Ltd, the company which owns the project, on December 23.

The receiver, BRI Ferrier, will now have to assess what the company owes and who should be paid in what order.

But Forum spokesman Andrew Faulk said the finance deal put in place meant Forum had a “preference equity’’ interest, which meant it could take control of the project.

Mr Faulk said he could not pre-empt what the receiver would do, but Forum was keen to go ahead with New Mayfield. There were pre-sales of about 85 per cent for the first stage of the development, and Forum still saw the project as attractive.

“We were an investor alongside a development consortium that was anchored by Tagara,’’ Mr Faulk said.

“There is no bank debt in the project. Forum has the ability to continue the project and at this stage it’s our intent to do so.

“It’s a pretty exciting project, there’s a high level of pre-sales for stage one and stage two has been anchored by a Starwood-flagged hotel.

“Our process at the moment is to ensure the key stakeholders, such as the purchasers and Starwood, are comforted that the state of the project is stable.’’

Stage one, New Mayfield House, comprises 108 apartments over nine storeys. The second stage, Granary House, would have 74 apartments.

A 200-room Aloft hotel was also planned for the site.

Starwood spokesman Andrew Taylor said the hotel group only recently learned of the receivership but said: “Starwood remains committed to the project ... our hotel agreements remain on foot.

“We really would love to see the project go ahead so we’re working with the stakeholders to ensure that happens.’’

The New Mayfield Project could create up to 1200 jobs during construction and 130 after completion. It is unclear at this stage whether there will be a return to the creditors of Tagara Builders from the receivership process.

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#342 Post by adel aide » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Has anyone on this forum bought one of these apartments?
What has been the communication to you from the developer?
What sort of sunset date do you have on your contract if this remains in limbo for some time?

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#343 Post by Jaymz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:38 am

Went past the sales office yesterday and it was closed, was due to open again Wednesday of this week.

gmf
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#344 Post by gmf » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:00 pm

adel aide wrote:Has anyone on this forum bought one of these apartments?
What sort of sunset date do you have on your contract if this remains in limbo for some time?
We've bought one of the apartments. I just stumbled across this article online and this is the first I've heard of these issues. We were under the impression that all of the issues were now sorted with the appointment of Watpac as the new builders. I also note that their Facebook page has been pulled (https://www.facebook.com/NewMayfield/). The last I heard (via Facebook - we actually haven't heard anything official since paying the deposit :shock: ) was that a crane was due to be brought into the construction site "very early in the new year".

The sunset clause is years in the future... will have to follow up with NM

realstretts
Gold-Member ;)

#345 Post by realstretts » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:12 pm

gmf wrote:
adel aide wrote:Has anyone on this forum bought one of these apartments?
We've bought one of the apartments. I just stumbled across this article online and this is the first I've heard of these issues. We were under the impression that all of the issues were now sorted with the appointment of Watpac as the new builders. I also note that their Facebook page has been pulled (https://www.facebook.com/NewMayfield/). The last I heard (via Facebook - we actually haven't heard anything official since paying the deposit :shock: ) was that a crane was due to be brought into the construction site "very early in the new year".

The sunset clause is years in the future... will have to follow up with NM
I think it is pretty poor that you have received hardly any direct correspondence given your investment in the development. The buyers are, after all, the one's driving the project