[CAN] Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Shuz
Banned
Banned

[CAN] Re: #Approved: Spire Living - 110m, 35 lvls

#451 Post by Shuz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 pm

I'll join the chorus.

It confirms my disgust.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#452 Post by crawf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Ho Really wrote:
Shuz wrote:...As for the buyers, surely there must be some legal concerns regarding misleading statements, etc. In regard to the newer design, someone made a mention of this on the former page, which was a very valid point.
Not all buyers (maybe a minority) will be concerned with exterior appearances. I would assume most would be more interested in what they get on the inside and how much they can save on energy and be green. What do you think?

Cheers
If I was going to pay top dollar for one of these apartments, I would not want to live somewhere that looks like a disgusting commie block.

Again I want this project axed.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#453 Post by monotonehell » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 pm

I'm reserving judgement until I see a photorealistic lightray render, rather than these schematic renders. I'm leaning toward "oh noes!" but willing to give it the nenfit of the doubt if the glass replacement cladding is actually interesting. I can't see from the new renders if the diagonal design feature still exists and other such points of interest.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#454 Post by Omicron » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 am

monotonehell wrote:I'm reserving judgement until I see a photorealistic lightray render, rather than these schematic renders. I'm leaning toward "oh noes!" but willing to give it the nenfit of the doubt if the glass replacement cladding is actually interesting. I can't see from the new renders if the diagonal design feature still exists and other such points of interest.
Quoth Omi: 'These large size fiber cement sheets are available in five distinct finishes. SWISSPEARL facade panels can be installed in one plane with horizontal and vertical joints or, alternatively, in strips lapped horizontally. The detailing of joints and fixations, as well as a virtually unlimited choice of sheet sizes allow for endless possibilities in creating uniquely attractive facades. '

Carat: colored through with translucent or pigmented top layer. Smooth, semi-matte surface finish.

Natura: translucent coating with visible natural texture. Smooth, semi-matte surface finish.

Tectura: opaque coating with clear strong colors and uniform aspect. Fine grain surface finish.

Reflex: cement grey core or colored through with reflective surface. Changing lighting and angle of vision produce fascinating nuances in the color.

Xpressiv: cement grey panel with vivid fiber cement structure.

And then stop by here: http://www.swisspearl.com/, and here: http://www.fibercementpanel.com/Swisspearl.html for some completed examples.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#455 Post by UrbanSG » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 am

Any news on whether the amended design was approved last night. It is unusual that there is no media release on the ACC website promoting what was approved at last night's DAP meeting. Was it deferred instead?

Maybe the ACC wants the glass back on the design now :D That would be great but I doubt that has happened.

So any news?

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#456 Post by rogue » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:40 pm

UrbanSG wrote:Any news on whether the amended design was approved last night. It is unusual that there is no media release on the ACC website promoting what was approved at last night's DAP meeting. Was it deferred instead?

Maybe the ACC wants the glass back on the design now :D That would be great but I doubt that has happened.

So any news?
Deferred.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#457 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:09 pm

rogue wrote:
UrbanSG wrote:Any news on whether the amended design was approved last night. It is unusual that there is no media release on the ACC website promoting what was approved at last night's DAP meeting. Was it deferred instead?

So any news?
Deferred.

very interesting maybe the acc has been reading our forum?

I really like the addition of the lightbox but would like the old design to stay.

Hippodamus
High Rise Poster!

#458 Post by Hippodamus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm dissapointed with how the building has been treated at grade level (i.e. pedestrian level).

Firstly, there is to be a double driveway which would at least take up 5-6 metres of footpath frontage, and then what appears to be a blank wall between the entrance and the driveway. This proposal in in fact very poor from the streetscape, and will do very little to Bethham Street in terms of interactive street frontages.

.::G!oRgOs::.
Gold-Member ;)

#459 Post by .::G!oRgOs::. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Well for starters the new renders are on different angle to the old and secondly in the original renders the balconies are glass.
Wouldn't the balconies be glass still and they just aren't coloured in on the new renders? You guys are overreacting.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#460 Post by Will » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 pm

.::G!oRgOs::. wrote:Well for starters the new renders are on different angle to the old and secondly in the original renders the balconies are glass.
Wouldn't the balconies be glass still and they just aren't coloured in on the new renders? You guys are overreacting.
Please refer to page 25 of the thread to realize that we are not over-reacting. A balustrade is the part of the balcony which prevents people from falling over the side. In the original proposal the balustrades were made out of glass. In the new render they are made out of concrete. I have seen the plans of the new proposal, so I guarantee you that the new 'balconies' are made out of concrete.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#461 Post by AtD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:51 am

I also miss the interesting angles on the western facade and the roof. The new plan is too square and boxy, so it's going to be hard to make it not look like a commiblock.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#462 Post by Matt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Wanted to try and find something constructive to say, but good god.
To go from the previous design to "that", is just massively disappointing.

In its current form, I hope it doesn't get built.

It's height and position are far too prominent for a design as average and cheap looking as that.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#463 Post by Howie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Deferred to address an issue with it's relationship to the street.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#464 Post by AtD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Howie wrote:Deferred to address an issue with it's relationship to the street.
And rightfully so.

Benski81
High Rise Poster!

#465 Post by Benski81 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Hey I've been following this thread and I have to say that I think I speak for every one when I say looking at the new render what the f**k is that?! I was so excited about this particular development because finally here we actually had a building that wasn't 2 feet tall, would actually do something to alter Adelaide's never changing skyline AND was in complete contrast to the disgusting brown concrete jungle that is Adelaide's architectural void. Yet now looking at the new image I find myself not wanting this thing to be built, how disappointing is this.

I don't know who sits on the Adelaide City Council or the Development assessment panel but they need to be publically flogged for crimes against architectural style. The catch cry of Adelaide will become "don't look up".

As sad as this is if this is what spire has become, then I hope they actually don't build it.