[COM] Conservatory on Hindmarsh | 62m | 18lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Captain Howdy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#46 Post by Captain Howdy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 pm

JRJ wrote:Geetings guys in the best Australian city! -

So the big stuff gets to Hindmarsh Sq! Very impressed with the night rendition of the bldg. I've long had a vision of Vistoria Sq surrounded in high rise - did'nt expect this as well. The bldg adds some class and an extra dimension to Hindmarsh. I gather there is also possibility of another building on RAA site - or have I confused this building site with RAA? (There is so much that has happened since I left Adelaide in 1986).
and its all happened in the past few years :P cant wait for this to get underway, it'll look awsome at Hindmarsh square

Maximus_Marc
Gold-Member ;)

[COM]

#47 Post by Maximus_Marc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:13 pm

skyliner wrote:Geetings guys in the best Australian city! -

So the big stuff gets to Hindmarsh Sq! Very impressed with the night rendition of the bldg. I've long had a vision of Vistoria Sq surrounded in high rise - did'nt expect this as well. The bldg adds some class and an extra dimension to Hindmarsh. I gather there is also possibility of another building on RAA site - or have I confused this building site with RAA? (There is so much that has happened since I left Adelaide in 1986).
You have been back since 1986 one would hope? but i guess if you haven't and you come back now or in a year or two it would be pretty awesome because it will be a completely different city with all changes that have begun to occur.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#48 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Still no action at this site yet so guess one month behind schedule...

Will I'm assuming the demolition was approved awhile ago as I haven't seen anything in the development registers for the last 12 months? I guess the delay is due to lack of demand for these over priced apartments... does not surprise me.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#49 Post by Will » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:42 pm

beamer85 wrote:Still no action at this site yet so guess one month behind schedule...

Will I'm assuming the demolition was approved awhile ago as I haven't seen anything in the development registers for the last 12 months? I guess the delay is due to lack of demand for these over priced apartments... does not surprise me.
A demolition application has never been lodged as far as I am aware. However I think that this building, as it is a Major Project does not deal with the council, but instead with the state government DAP.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#50 Post by Ben » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:46 pm

Will wrote:
beamer85 wrote:Still no action at this site yet so guess one month behind schedule...

A demolition application has never been lodged as far as I am aware. However I think that this building, as it is a Major Project does not deal with the council, but instead with the state government DAP.
Thanks for that. That's interesting... So it's possible that it may be awhile away yet. You would think even as a courtesy thing they would lodge something with the council .

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#51 Post by Will » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:51 pm

beamer85 wrote:
Will wrote:

Thanks for that. That's interesting... So it's possible that it may be awhile away yet. You would think even as a courtesy thing they would lodge something with the council .
This building has already been approved by the state government DAP, and I assume that such approval does include demolition of the present structure.

It would be nice if they lodged a courtesy application with the council (because then I would be able to share the info here), but with such projects it is not required. Another interesting piece of trivia is that the Flinders Link buildings were never approved by the council but by the state government's DAP.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#52 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:30 pm

The delay might have something to do with an article in last weeks Advertiser regarding the Hines Group being sued in relation to the apartment building constructed next door to this site a few years back. Apparantly they overstated what returns would be delivered and the investors aren't too happy. Might have nothing to do with the delay but I think they are all together claiming around $15million or more in damages which would impact upon this company's financial standing. Not too sure on all the details so don't quote me on any of this :D

Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#53 Post by Pistol » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:29 am

In the realestate section of the 'tiser today it has an article on COH and says that roughly 50% of apartments have been sold now and construction is about to commence. However it does not have a definite date, it just says within the next couple of months.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#54 Post by Ben » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:09 pm

50% is pretty bad but they shouldn't have expected any different considering how over priced they are.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#55 Post by Algernon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 am

Will wrote:
beamer85 wrote:
Will wrote: A demolition application has never been lodged as far as I am aware. However I think that this building, as it is a Major Project does not deal with the council, but instead with the state government DAP.
This building has already been approved by the state government DAP, and I assume that such approval does include demolition of the present structure.

It would be nice if they lodged a courtesy application with the council (because then I would be able to share the info here), but with such projects it is not required. Another interesting piece of trivia is that the Flinders Link buildings were never approved by the council but by the state government's DAP.
There is no state government DAP, you're refering to the Development Assessment Commission.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#56 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Hey Howie. That guy is Jack HINES from the HINES group (prob just a typo) but that website hasn't been updated since the launch about 7 months ago....?

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#57 Post by Howie » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Oops my mistake, should be corrected now.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#58 Post by rogue » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Will wrote:
beamer85 wrote:
Will wrote: A demolition application has never been lodged as far as I am aware. However I think that this building, as it is a Major Project does not deal with the council, but instead with the state government DAP.

Does anyone have any idea yet about when demolition will commence?

Thanks

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#59 Post by Ben » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Still nothing... I have sent numerous emails and made several phone calls since December and no one can tell me anything. Maybe this one won't be in the list of 2007 projects to be constructed after all :( .

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#60 Post by crawf » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:22 pm

I hope this one doesnt end up like 379 KWS :(.