[COM] Torrens Footbridge | $40m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Kasey771
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: UC: Torrens Footbridge | $40m

#721 Post by Kasey771 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 am

Anyody else seeing an almost completed world class parkour training area on the Southern bank of the Torrens? ;)
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#722 Post by Matt » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 am

ImageImage

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#723 Post by Honey of a City » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:43 am

how good is he wrote:It's looking good and am looking forward to the waterfall feature esp. lit up at night... Does anyone know if this and the water feature near the Festival theatre steps will be on 24/7?
My only negative comment is the random lighter colour paving design on the bridge...why?
I reckon the crazy paving looks good when you're actually crossing the bridge. It would look more like a roadway without it. It only catches the attention for a moment of two though, as you're looking at the views in all directions.

metro
Legendary Member!

#724 Post by metro » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 am

Not quite what was proposed with the paving, but close enough.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#725 Post by pushbutton » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:32 am

metro wrote:Not quite what was proposed with the paving, but close enough.

Now THAT would have been fantastic! Such a shame it was downgraded so much in the end. I doubt they will have saved much by doing so.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#726 Post by ml69 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Kasey771 wrote:Anyody else seeing an almost completed world class parkour training area on the Southern bank of the Torrens? ;)
???

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#727 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Checked out the bridge yesterday. Besides the pile of horse crap in the middle of the bridge lol, it's a great bridge. Didn't realise that it left you pretty much at the back door of the railway station too. The trek from the railway station to the bridge to Adelaide Oval will be very easy for anyone

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#728 Post by Waewick » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Checked out the bridge yesterday. Besides the pile of horse crap in the middle of the bridge lol, it's a great bridge. Didn't realise that it left you pretty much at the back door of the railway station too. The trek from the railway station to the bridge to Adelaide Oval will be very easy for anyone
I was contemplating that walk.

what I hope they improve in the future is how to get from footbridge to KWR without going through the Trainstation - there is only that 1 tiny set of stairs to the left as you come off the bridge, otherwise you across the bank and walk up King William Street, which defeats the purpose of the bridge.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#729 Post by Kasey771 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:42 pm

ml69 wrote:
Kasey771 wrote:Anyody else seeing an almost completed world class parkour training area on the Southern bank of the Torrens? ;)
???

http://youtu.be/NX7QNWEGcNI
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Raider
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#730 Post by Raider » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:53 am

The footbridge is featured at the start of the ad for the new Disney movie channel on Foxtel.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#731 Post by Maximus » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 am

Raider wrote:The footbridge is featured at the start of the ad for the new Disney movie channel on Foxtel.
That news belongs in this long-forgotten thread... :wink:
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#732 Post by bm7500 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

This picture was taken from the 29th Floor of Westpac house and gives an interesting perspective of the footbridge and oval.

ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

rhino

#733 Post by rhino » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 am

....and of the bland building colours in Adelaide. I'm guessing that is a problem with the camera, because it doesn't look that bland from the ground.
cheers,
Rhino

Waewick

#734 Post by Waewick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 am

rhino wrote:....and of the bland building colours in Adelaide. I'm guessing that is a problem with the camera, because it doesn't look that bland from the ground.
I disagree, that photos shows the impact of the ACC.

We should be sending that the DAC and saying - this is why we don't need any more bloody faux sandstone buildings anymore.

wrong thread for it, but the ACC should be providing some sort of incentive for architecturally interesting buildings.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#735 Post by bm7500 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 pm

rhino wrote:....and of the bland building colours in Adelaide. I'm guessing that is a problem with the camera, because it doesn't look that bland from the ground.
There was some glare from the windows that i attempted to shield from the shot. Agree that the photo is a bit 'flat' for this reason, but also agree that the architectural landscape in Adelaide can be a bit 'Fifty Shades of Beige'.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA