[COM] Torrens Footbridge | $40m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: UC: Torrens Footbridge | $40m

#796 Post by crawf » Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Photos from last night

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#797 Post by bm7500 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:31 am

This precinct is really starting to look amazing :D
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#798 Post by SRW » Wed May 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Not really a fan of the primary colour rainbow display, but it's an impressive lighting capability that will really bring events in the area to life. Most pleasingly, it shows the genius of the arch design. Well done!
Keep Adelaide Weird

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#799 Post by [Shuz] » Wed May 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Not a fan of the rainbow, either. But would hope they mix the colours up a bit - one colour of the rainbow for each day of the week?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#800 Post by Matt » Wed May 21, 2014 5:05 pm

I think the rainbow colours are just part of the testing process.

[Shuz]

#801 Post by [Shuz] » Wed May 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Q: Is the bridge lighting in 'strips' or is it all one continous LED display?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#802 Post by pushbutton » Wed May 21, 2014 8:20 pm

I like this, and it would tie in very nicely with something I saw in todays Advertiser. Apparently the council is seeking to encourage and promote a Christmas lights display (but could even become more of a year round display) to beat that of Lobethal.

We've already got some nice lighting displays at the Entertainment Centre, the Rundle Lantern, and now this bridge. If Businesses across the city really got into this proposed light display, at least around Christmas but even better if all year, that would really make the city more exciting at night and could become a good basis for encouraging a bit of tourism. Hopefully if that happened, businesses would begin to become more adventurous and open up some attractions to give tourists something to actually do whilst they're here.

Nort

#803 Post by Nort » Thu May 22, 2014 2:47 pm

I've often thought that the festival theatre would look amazing with an exterior upgrade to make it look more like the Entertainment Centre, especially the dome.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#804 Post by Matt » Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Anyone been down the last couple of nights?
Still testing or have they fixed it to the blue (for non event days) that was expected from the renders?

Matt
Legendary Member!

#805 Post by Matt » Fri May 23, 2014 3:36 pm

This from @zany1 on Instagram - brilliant. Image

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#806 Post by Honey of a City » Sat May 24, 2014 3:25 pm

The landscaping on both sides of the river is moving fast. At least 50 workmen there at lunchtime today. Hopefully the lights will be on for the football tonight.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#807 Post by Matt » Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Yeah, if they've tested the waterfall and that's all running as per the plan, hopefully that might make it's debut too.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#808 Post by pushbutton » Sat May 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Matt there's something else (besides the bridge) lit up in red further back on the lake in your pic. Do you know what it is?

Outstanding photo by the way!

I still can't figure out where the waterfall could be looking at this photo. Must go and see it for myself soon.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#809 Post by Matt » Sat May 24, 2014 11:18 pm

pushbutton wrote:Matt there's something else (besides the bridge) lit up in red further back on the lake in your pic. Do you know what it is?

Outstanding photo by the way!

I still can't figure out where the waterfall could be looking at this photo. Must go and see it for myself soon.
The red bit at the far side is the other support at the opposite end of the bridge.
The waterfall is that end - the bridge hangs slightly back out over the river.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#810 Post by Vee » Sun May 25, 2014 11:17 am

Adelaide Oval was amazing (again) as a venue for last night's game - great atmosphere and build-up (pyrotechnics etc) positive vibe. And the footbridge is a huge part of the successful mix.

One thing continues to annoy me and it was the worst I've seen last night after the match. The Murdoch Press continues to 'give away' free copies of their newspaper after the game - on the Adelaide Oval Plaza. OK, some folk might appreciate a free Advertiser but obviously many/most have no interest. There are piles of papers left after the match, others stuffed in nearby rubbish bins and, worse, lots of littering of the plaza, roadways, footbridge and railway station.

Last night the footbridge was strewn with ripped papers - from one end to the other. The papers littered the railway station and I saw a Rail employee picking up the litter. Apart from the unsightly mess which spoilt the AO surrounds, footbridge etc, WHO PAYS for cleaning up this unsightly litter? It was an absolute blot on the beautiful Riverside precinct.

It adds to cleanup costs and the overall budget for the football and precinct.
Can/will the SMA and or ACC do anything about it?