News & Discussion: CBD Real Estate & Market Conditions

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#91 Post by rogue » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:54 am

FYI
City West DTEI Accommodation Project Update

The City West Project for the new DTEI metropolitan office accommodation is making good progress towards completing the first phase by June. By then we hope to confirm the viability of the relocation option and have completed the evaluation of proposals for the new offices.

The relocation of DTEI office accommodation provides a once in a generation opportunity to redefine future work practices, values and culture.

Many briefings were held over the past two months, including 43 Staff Sessions out of a possible 47.

The feedback provided on the ESD criteria, opportunities and obstacles has all been collated.

The Workplace Performance Survey was completed online by 788 staff (a 45% response rate – another great response) in November.

Appropriate findings from both documents will be incorporated into the various briefs being prepared for the project, chiefly: the Strategic Facilities Plan, Base Building Performance Brief and Fitout Functional Brief.

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#92 Post by skyliner » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:33 pm

I agree also - the building is a real 'clasic' - to use the current vernacular. It gets more impressive with age as there are fewer buildings like it.

Marble has always been used where 'class' is in mind. Not everything has to have a modern appearance to be aesthetically attractive. It seems a little like fashion - don't see a style for a while and it looks weird. Then it comes back in and everyone wants it. What changes in all this - our perceptions.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

#93 Post by shuza » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:21 pm

The reserve bank seems to be one of the very few 60's era structures that are worth keeping. Its marble facade is very nice and classy, although im hoping some work on the windows and podium will be done.
Saw it the other day and seems that the entire top two floors windows were smashed out.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#94 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:32 am

There was an interesting article yesterday in the Commercial Property section of the Advertiser titled 'City West project in limbo'. It said that DTEI invited tenders for a 27,000 to 30,000 square metre building last year. There are believed to be 5 major possible sites. Including City Central Tower 3, former Planet Site (not in the city's west though obviously), 42-56 Franklin Street, The Just Kidding building and adjacent ATO car park (which has been designed to have an office constructed on top) and the Karadis-owned site on the corner of Light Square and Currie Street.

Industry believes the end value of the project could be as high as $130 million. Caversham says they have submitted a registration of interest but have had no conformation from the government. The industry believes the tender may be withdrawn though. DTEI says the project will be put forward for consideration as part of the 2007/08 State Budget this June.

I think the idea the project may be withdrawn is doubtful. I definately think DTEI is keen to move to the CBD. It may take a while though depending on Budget constraints I suppose. I like the sound of most of those sites. The Just Kidding site would cover the ugly Telstra exchange which is so dominant from the SW of the city. Light Square site could have a good impact on the skyline from both the west, north and south. CC3 could be great. Least favourite is the former Planet Site, minimal impact on the skyline, just a filler on that site and it isn't in the West :D

Can't wait until will see some proposals and renders of potential buildings.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

#95 Post by shuza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:39 am

Won't be CC3. Too small. They need 30,000 sq m, so Currie Street development caters for that.

Buildit
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#96 Post by Buildit » Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 am

shuza wrote:The reserve bank seems to be one of the very few 60's era structures that are worth keeping. Its marble facade is very nice and classy, although im hoping some work on the windows and podium will be done.
Saw it the other day and seems that the entire top two floors windows were smashed out.
Sure Are, Looking Out From Level 14

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#97 Post by jimmy_2486 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:01 pm

Wow nice shot.

DON'T JUMP!!! hahah

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#98 Post by Howie » Tue May 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Awesome shot, first the one of the CC site going up, now this one. Keep up the excellent work Buildit.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#99 Post by crawf » Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Loving your work buildit :D

MaximumForce
Donating Member
Donating Member

#100 Post by MaximumForce » Tue May 22, 2007 7:07 pm

I am utterly surprised at the majority opinion of the aesthetic appearance of this building. I've always thought it is very unattractive and I always thought I had a good eye for architecture! I will take into account everyones opinion and closer look at it.

By the way excellent picture Buildit.

dragonfly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#101 Post by dragonfly » Tue May 22, 2007 11:04 pm

The Reserve Bank Building is Adelaide's finest multi-storey. I have heard there is a heritage-listed 60's reception area in there somewhere, with orange plush-pile carpet and a marble counter.
the MLC Building (due west of this, 11 storeys, green glass) and the Westpac building (North Tce/King William) run close second and third.
and you have to agree that this building is starting to look quite tired. Get rid of that framework at the base of the building and install fresh glass to the windows, maybe even pressure clean that marble then and only then might it look like the building that everyone seems to cherish so much.
i don't agree at all; what about the Myer Centre? Now there is a tired looking building; actually, I think that one was born tired.
By framework, do you mean the brass-coloured metal lattice? If so, you must be joking...i have nothing more to say about that comment.
And why are we so keen on cleaning buildings? Stone-work (this includes marble) looks fantastic covered with city dirt and grime; it's distinguished.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#102 Post by Pistol » Tue May 22, 2007 11:12 pm

^^ Welcome Dragonfly to SA.
1. If you are going to quote me then please state that you are quoting me...
2. Adelaide's finest multi-storey????

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#103 Post by crawf » Wed May 23, 2007 2:41 am

I think he did it by accident Pistol, btw welcome dragonfly

This building is farr more impressive than most of the other junk in Adelaide such as the Napier Building *shivers*

JAKJ
High Rise Poster!

#104 Post by JAKJ » Wed May 23, 2007 8:13 am

Pistol78 wrote:^^ Welcome Dragonfly to SA.
1. If you are going to quote me then please state that you are quoting me...
2. Adelaide's finest multi-storey????
A lot of people would agree with it being one of Adelaide's best buildings, along with its neighbour. It is a true architectual masterpeice, and I hope they are being "sensetive" with their renovations.

dragonfly
Sen-Rookie-Sational

apologies to pistol

#105 Post by dragonfly » Wed May 23, 2007 9:41 am

sorry pistol; i assumed when i used the quote function, it would automatically add your name.

and yes, it is Adelaide's finest multi-storey; I challenge you to name one finer.