[COM] Festival Plaza Tower 1 | 115m | 27 Levels | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Festival Plaza Redevelopment | $800 million

#391 Post by Waewick » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Beggars can't be choosers... A lot of you wanted a 'tall tower' as part of this to bring masses of people to this area during working days. Both of these wishes have been fulfilled, now you all want to complain about the design? Did you honestly expect any better than what's proposed? Walker has to finance a majority of this project, something had to lose out and that something has been the design of the building. If people wanted a cohesive design throughout this area, considering the tower is a private element of the project, people would have been better off kicking up a stink about to the government about the Convention Centre extension/s.
disagree compeltely. this should be an iconic building if the state government don't insist on this they they deserve to be thrown out at the next election (well we know that won't happen anyway but we can at least do the SA thing and be very upset without actually doing anything about it)

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#392 Post by crawf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:53 pm

Has it ever been confirmed that this is the actual design?, and not a visual concept............................I don't think it has.

skyliner

#393 Post by skyliner » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Something of the style of the UN bldg would be good here IMO. Sleek, balanced, glass and about 30 fl.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#394 Post by rev » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:38 pm

skyliner wrote:Something of the style of the UN bldg would be good here IMO. Sleek, balanced, glass and about 30 fl.

Nah mate the UN hq in NYC has blank concrete walls on two sides, imagine the melt downs if a building that tall with blank concrete walls was proposed lol

Honestly if we have to have a tower in this location, can we at least get something futuristic,?something bold and outrageous? They want to create an iconic space after all..

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#395 Post by Jaymz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:52 pm

rev wrote:
skyliner wrote:Something of the style of the UN bldg would be good here IMO. Sleek, balanced, glass and about 30 fl.

Nah mate the UN hq in NYC has blank concrete walls on two sides, imagine the melt downs if a building that tall with blank concrete walls was proposed lol

Honestly if we have to have a tower in this location, can we at least get something futuristic,?something bold and outrageous? They want to create an iconic space after all..
Yeah, like he said. Maybe something made of glass or some other non-concrete material on all 4 sides, that isn't of a box or rectangular shape 8)

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#396 Post by Honey of a City » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Beggars can't be choosers... A lot of you wanted a 'tall tower' as part of this to bring masses of people to this area during working days. Both of these wishes have been fulfilled, now you all want to complain about the design? Did you honestly expect any better than what's proposed? Walker has to finance a majority of this project, something had to lose out and that something has been the design of the building. If people wanted a cohesive design throughout this area, considering the tower is a private element of the project, people would have been better off kicking up a stink about to the government about the Convention Centre extension/s.
Why does it have to be unimaginative, because it's tall? You're actually arguing a case for mediocrity. I for one do expect better...much better. We have to live with the structure for many years once it's built.

skyliner

#397 Post by skyliner » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Jaymz wrote:
rev wrote:

Yeah, like he said. Maybe something made of glass or some other non-concrete material on all 4 sides, that isn't of a box or rectangular shape 8)
I did say something of the style of the UN but glass. I recognize the cement syndrome we seem to have and don't advocate this.

Jack.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#398 Post by Goodsy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Should be styled like SAHMRI

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#399 Post by Spurdo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:36 pm

If only that hotel proposal on Currie St went ahead then by 2020 we could have had both the PS3 and the PS2 :lol:

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#400 Post by monotonehell » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Spurdo wrote:If only that hotel proposal on Currie St went ahead then by 2020 we could have had both the PS3 and the PS2 :lol:
+1 for gamer reference.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Patrick_27

#401 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Spurdo wrote:If only that hotel proposal on Currie St went ahead then by 2020 we could have had both the PS3 and the PS2 :lol:
+1 for gamer reference.
I just got this, and wow, you make a good point!

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#402 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Could someone explain for the uninitiated?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Plasmatron
High Rise Poster!

#403 Post by Plasmatron » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:22 am

PS4: The Gateway Plaza building in Sydney. Close enough?

SouthAussie94, we are referring to the shape of the game consoles in relation to the similar building design.
https://www.youtube.com/UltraVibeProductions

[Shuz]

#404 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:09 am

For which buildings. The black tower in Melbourne is the PS2. I don't get what the PS3 one is? Never mind... as I typed this I realized what the hotel PS3 tower is!
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#405 Post by Will » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:50 am

Don't think this image has been posted before.

From the Adelaide Review: