[U/C] 11 Frome Street | 135m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 63 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#406 Post by ghs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm

So after more then 30 years since the completion of the state debt building we finally have a new tallest in progress.
Honestly I never thought this day would come lol.
Miracles Can Happen !

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2167
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1385 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#407 Post by EBG » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 pm

In reply to Nathan who wrote about the moving the car park entrance to the lane. I don't think this is possible because all the internal ramps within the car park were designed around having the entrance on the east side facing Frome St ie to move the entrance would mean changing the entire internal structure of the car park.

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 222
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 122 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#408 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:04 pm

I'm guessing that they're going to build as much as can be done on the available land while the necessary paperwork/ negotiating/ payments/ etc go through to acquire and clear the rest of the land for the building to save time.

Anyone know where else this construction method has been done?

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1762
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 219 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#409 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:19 am

Ser Noit of Loit wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:04 pm
I'm guessing that they're going to build as much as can be done on the available land while the necessary paperwork/ negotiating/ payments/ etc go through to acquire and clear the rest of the land for the building to save time.

Anyone know where else this construction method has been done?
Who says this is what they're doing? The only thing standing in the way of them making a full start is the showroom building.

User avatar
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2614
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 1129 times
Been thanked: 267 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#410 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 am

ghs wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm
So after more then 30 years since the completion of the state debt building we finally have a new tallest in progress.
Honestly I never thought this day would come lol.
Miracles Can Happen !
Did ghs just make a passive-aggressive somewhat positive statement?

Miracles can happen.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2167
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1385 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#411 Post by EBG » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 pm

There is a construction method called 'Design & Construct' where construction can start before the design is complete. But I cant recall it being used in Adelaide.
Alternatively ,as the piling appears to be taking place right up against the corner of the car park, maybe they are putting in some extra piles to protect and sure up this part of the car park building before the construction of the new building takes place. These are just my opinions.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 67 times

[U/C] Re: [SWP] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#412 Post by citywatcher » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:51 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
ghs wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm
So after more then 30 years since the completion of the state debt building we finally have a new tallest in progress.
Honestly I never thought this day would come lol.
Miracles Can Happen !
Did ghs just make a passive-aggressive somewhat positive statement?

Miracles can happen.
Hasn't been over thirty years but

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk


User avatar
Algernon
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Moravia
Has thanked: 334 times
Been thanked: 151 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#413 Post by Algernon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 am

EBG wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 pm
There is a construction method called 'Design & Construct' where construction can start before the design is complete. But I cant recall it being used in Adelaide.
Alternatively ,as the piling appears to be taking place right up against the corner of the car park, maybe they are putting in some extra piles to protect and sure up this part of the car park building before the construction of the new building takes place. These are just my opinions.
Such piling will need to take place on either side of the car park entrance. No harm in starting on the cleared side first before demolishing the multi storey on the other side. This doesn't necessarily put Adeladean ahead of Realm in the race. Neither have completed demolition of their sites.

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1143
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 145 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#414 Post by Nort » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:44 am

Looking at the first page it's amazing for Adelaide for it to have been only a year from the project first coming public to work actually starting. If presales have been strong and there are lots of owner occupiers it bodes well for future developments.

ml69
Legendary Member!
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Adelaide SA
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 69 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#415 Post by ml69 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Nort wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:44 am
Looking at the first page it's amazing for Adelaide for it to have been only a year from the project first coming public to work actually starting. If presales have been strong and there are lots of owner occupiers it bodes well for future developments.
I think it bodes well that the projects which have sold quickly aren't the average, run-of-the-mill developments, but the more taller, prominent developments such as 28-storey Vue, 30-storey Kodo and 37-storey Adelaidean.

The 40-storey Realm is apparently also selling well (70% sold in June after 4 months on the market), thus reinforcing this trend.

Then surely it won't be long before a new tallest "landmark" residential tower is proposed. I think a genuine 150+ metre high tower proposal (not just a vision) may not be far away because the recent track record is that these tall towers really do sell in the Adelaide marketplace. Plus we don't have an oversupply of them unlike Melbourne and Brisbane.

EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2167
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1385 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#416 Post by EBG » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Ghs is probably right the State bank building was constructed between 1985-87 finishing in early 87.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 67 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#417 Post by citywatcher » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Certainly the sentiment that it's taken so long since then holds true.
How big in metres are SB Kodo Sofitel Realm and Adelaidean in relation to each other ?

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk


User avatar
Joelmark
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 51 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#418 Post by Joelmark » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:00 am

citywatcher wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 pm
Certainly the sentiment that it's taken so long since then holds true.
How big in metres are SB Kodo Sofitel Realm and Adelaidean in relation to each other ?

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk
I really don't mind the fact that the former State Bank building - now Westpac House - has been the tallest for such a relatively long period; I find the building aesthetically pleasing - its height makes it a good landmark; it is clad in reconstituted granite - very South Australian - and the oblique, banal design and constitution of the numerous windows reflecting the various weather patterns gives the passer by the opportunity to look up and reflect. It looks solid too compared to other buildings with blank walls and more detail. That said, really looking forward to The Adelaidean rising up - I think it is well-refined and the ample glass will have a similar result of reflecting the current weather patterns and moods of the Rundle / Frome area.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1589
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 am
Location: Brighton
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 63 times

[U/C] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#419 Post by ghs » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 am

EBG wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Ghs is probably right the State bank building was constructed between 1985-87 finishing in early 87.
1) I am always right.

2) 30 years is a sad reflection on the economy and the state government here in SA.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 67 times

[U/C] Re: [SWP] Re: NEW TALLEST | 11 Frome Street | 134m | 37 Levels |Mixed Use

#420 Post by citywatcher » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:18 am

ghs wrote:
EBG wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 pm
Ghs is probably right the State bank building was constructed between 1985-87 finishing in early 87.
1) I am always right.

2) 30 years is a sad reflection on the economy and the state government here in SA.
Don't forget West pac was only built because of a state government
Now that the planning process has been taken out of the hands of the ACC and the height restrictions have been lifted there is movement
That too was done by a state govt

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], wilkiebarkid and 18 guests