[U/C] 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 261 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1561 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm

EBG wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:51 pm
As Ben wrote, there is now crown plaza signage at the roof top level, view from west side .Please click on picture for bigger.
Didn't realise they were getting rooftop naming as well, thought it was just the podium?

arki
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:35 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 101 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1562 Post by arki » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:10 am

EBG wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:51 pm
As Ben wrote, there is now crown plaza signage at the roof top level, view from west side .Please click on picture for bigger.
My god this looks terrible in full sun.

cmet
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 111 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1563 Post by cmet » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:33 pm

https://www.saplanningportal.sa.gov.au/ ... w-4599-LUA

Can someone use this as the source to edit to the new height in the wiki. I’m not sure how.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 109 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1564 Post by SBD » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm

cmet wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:33 pm
https://www.saplanningportal.sa.gov.au/ ... w-4599-LUA

Can someone use this as the source to edit to the new height in the wiki. I’m not sure how.
Maybe I am tired or thick, but does that indicate the current height? I can find that it received approval for an increased height of the residential tower, but searching both that page and the linked word document didn't reveal either 135 or 138 as the approved total height, which was presumably before it was actually built to reach the approved level. We need something that says what height it is.

Was this seeking permission to build it to the height they already had built by the time they got round to lodging the application?

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 598 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1565 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am

I can't find anything on the height either - not a source that states 138m anyway. There have been a few variations to the Development Application over time, but I looked through the most recent with no luck.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

cmet
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm
Been thanked: 111 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1566 Post by cmet » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Image
this is the office Insta, although may not be able to reference this

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 714 times
Been thanked: 342 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1567 Post by SRW » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Just so we can get back to regular discussion, the article I posted on the previous page mentions the 138m height and is a reliable source (being syndicated from a Murdoch mag): https://invest.cityofadelaide.com.au/bl ... wne-plaza/
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 598 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1568 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 pm

SRW wrote:Just so we can get back to regular discussion, the article I posted on the previous page mentions the 138m height and is a reliable source (being syndicated from a Murdoch mag): https://invest.cityofadelaide.com.au/bl ... wne-plaza/
That meets Wikipedia guidelines too, good stuff.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
madelaide
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 58 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1569 Post by madelaide » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm
Just so we can get back to regular discussion, the article I posted on the previous page mentions the 138m height and is a reliable source (being syndicated from a Murdoch mag): https://invest.cityofadelaide.com.au/bl ... wne-plaza/
I just updated wiki with the data, and now I'm sitting on the porch with a weapon ready to defend the Adelaidean's honour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ite_note-4

User avatar
slenderman
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 am
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 217 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1570 Post by slenderman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Wonder why there's such a stink about the height for this being updated on Wikipedia. Someone changed the InterContinental to 91m without any source whatsoever when Emporis states it's 87m.

That page is also missing West Franklin if anyone feels like adding it.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 109 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1571 Post by SBD » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 am

slenderman wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 pm
Wonder why there's such a stink about the height for this being updated on Wikipedia. Someone changed the InterContinental to 91m without any source whatsoever when Emporis states it's 87m.

That page is also missing West Franklin if anyone feels like adding it.
How reliable is Emporis, and where does it get its data? It lists
# Building Height
1 Frome Central Tower One 135 m

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5580
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 871 times
Been thanked: 181 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1572 Post by Will » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 am
slenderman wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 pm
Wonder why there's such a stink about the height for this being updated on Wikipedia. Someone changed the InterContinental to 91m without any source whatsoever when Emporis states it's 87m.

That page is also missing West Franklin if anyone feels like adding it.
How reliable is Emporis, and where does it get its data? It lists
# Building Height
1 Frome Central Tower One 135 m
I'm the editor for Adelaide on Emporis.
I can verify all the data on there comes from reputable sources. Thus, this is why I have been reluctant to change the height of this one from 135m to 138m, as thus far the only indication of the height change is a tweet. I am looking for something more formal, like a council document or similar.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 109 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1573 Post by SBD » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Will wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 pm
SBD wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 am
slenderman wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 pm
Wonder why there's such a stink about the height for this being updated on Wikipedia. Someone changed the InterContinental to 91m without any source whatsoever when Emporis states it's 87m.

That page is also missing West Franklin if anyone feels like adding it.
How reliable is Emporis, and where does it get its data? It lists
# Building Height
1 Frome Central Tower One 135 m
I'm the editor for Adelaide on Emporis.
I can verify all the data on there comes from reputable sources. Thus, this is why I have been reluctant to change the height of this one from 135m to 138m, as thus far the only indication of the height change is a tweet. I am looking for something more formal, like a council document or similar.
So both Emporis and Wikipedia rely on external sources, read, interpreted and evaluated by humans. WIkipedia seems to have had 135 for Adelaidean and 91 for InterContinental for quite a while. It seems it has accepted the restaurant reference for Adelaidean 138. The WIkipedia list is really quite a mess, and could do with a lot more specific references and checks. Do you have a reputable source to share for 87m Intercontinental? Are there any others that differ between Emporis and WIkipedia's lists?

LMB
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1574 Post by LMB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:40 am

Opening date has now been postponed. Found the below on Crowne Plaza Linkedin page


"Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the government decision to restrict travel and public gatherings, it is with the heaviest of hearts that we have decided to postpone the opening of our beautiful new Crowne Plaza Adelaide.


To everyone who has supported us thus far, and also to our wonderfully talented hotel team who have been enthusiastic, creative, fun and supportive, we could not thank you all enough. To anyone who had planned to stay with us, we cannot wait to welcome you with open arms, when the time is right. Any guests with upcoming reservations will have the option to cancel or reschedule for future dates, without incurring any fees.


The number one priority for IHG and property owner Kyren Group is the safety and well-being of our customers and employees, and we are observing and adhering to all health and safety processes and guidelines provided by the health authorities.


Please continue to follow our journey, and when we open we can assure you it will be well worth the wait. We are counting down the days until we can showcase it to you all.


Stay safe and look after one another.


All the very best,


Crowne Plaza Adelaide"

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 79 times

[U/C] Re: 11 Frome Street | 138m | 37 Levels | Crowne Plaza / Adelaidean | New tallest

#1575 Post by GrowAdelaide » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 am

Sure I read somewhere that moving house is still considered essential - I wonder if the above applies to the apartment owners as well?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests