[COM] Lot 8 | 43m | 13lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#31 Post by Al » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 am

I guess the other one is Jasmin on Hindmarsh Sq. I've heard the Bombay Bicycle Club in Ovingham is pretty sweet too but I haven't been there.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#32 Post by Will » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:36 pm

A new DA has been lodged by the developers to the ACC in regard to this project.

The new proposal includes removing one floor of office accomodation and turning it to residential. Furthermore the developers are now going to fit-out the apartments, instead of selling them 'raw' as initially proposed. The height and appearance of the builiding remain the same.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#33 Post by Howie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Thanks for the updates again Will.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: *APPROVED: Coglin Place - 40m ~ 12 levels

#34 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:40 pm

This one is back up for DA in the Adelaide City Council website (Notification Section) further to Will's last post. They have added another commercial floor in. It looks as though it may have increased the height a bit too. I haven't looked over all the plans properly to check that. But from the renders it looks tall. but it is fairly slim from the west which helps to make it appear taller I suppose. There is also more glass on the lower sections on the northern elevation. The eastern elevation is a complete blank white wall :( I suppose that is to be expected though. This one is also up on propertylook.com.au, suggesting completion by August 2008. That will depend on approval time and tenant commitments I suppose.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by Snorkie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:21 pm

Noticed this one was advertised in the property section of saturdays tiser. Said there are 25 apartments for sale and consist of 1brm + study, and 2brm apartments starting on 7th floor priced from 400k. I actually know the guy who is selling them pretty well, so next time i see him ill speak to him re. how many have been sold, and how far away construction is.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Snorkie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 am

I drove past this one this morning on my way to work. It appears as if work has started on it already. Saw some heavy machinery on the site, I couldnt get a proper look but caught a glimpse and it looked as if they were doing something as there were work men on the site. Probably just land prep, but already u/c?

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#37 Post by UrbanSG » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:03 am

In the Commercial Real Estate section of today's paper it announces another crane will soon be on the skyline as a result of this project which is expected to commence next month and the apartments are meant to go on sale this weekend. Not sure how reliable that all is, I didn't know the second approval had been given yet for the changes to the orginal design.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#38 Post by Will » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Snorkie wrote:I drove past this one this morning on my way to work. It appears as if work has started on it already. Saw some heavy machinery on the site, I couldnt get a proper look but caught a glimpse and it looked as if they were doing something as there were work men on the site. Probably just land prep, but already u/c?

Work has actually begun on the 8 level Minster Ellison building on Gouger Street, whcih is next to the Coglin Place site. As of yet, work has not begun on this project.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#39 Post by Pikey » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 pm

So, it's not outside the realm of possibililty that there will be 2 cranes in close proximity, plus the 2 VS1 cranes currently up. Will look awesome from West Terrace!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by Snorkie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Will wrote:
Snorkie wrote:I drove past this one this morning on my way to work. It appears as if work has started on it already. Saw some heavy machinery on the site, I couldnt get a proper look but caught a glimpse and it looked as if they were doing something as there were work men on the site. Probably just land prep, but already u/c?

Work has actually begun on the 8 level Minster Ellison building on Gouger Street, whcih is next to the Coglin Place site. As of yet, work has not begun on this project.
Just reporting what i saw will. I didnt say it was u/c hence the question mark just saying that i saw machinery on the site doing something. Im well aware of where the two sites are, which is why i thought it was odd that machinery was on this site (unless they were driving across to the Minter Ellison site). Hence i queried why there was machinery, when all the construction for the ME building seems to be on the eastern side of the block, and this was on the western side. Therefore perhaps land prep. Ill drive past on my way home tonight and double check.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#41 Post by Snorkie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Will wrote:

Well f**k me sideways and upside down if this one isnt u/c. Drove past on the way home from work and the site has been fenced off, the sign that was there is gone, machinery on the site, and they have started digging trenches, or something, not sure, but something is happening with that land. And yes Will im talking about the coglin st site, and not the ME site. :wink: Check it out for yourself if you dont believe me.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

#42 Post by Adelarch » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Snorkie wrote:Well f**k me sideways and upside down...
Are you, perchance, an attractive female?

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#43 Post by Pistol » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:15 am

UrbanSG wrote:In the Commercial Real Estate section of today's paper it announces another crane will soon be on the skyline as a result of this project which is expected to commence next month and the apartments are meant to go on sale this weekend. Not sure how reliable that all is, I didn't know the second approval had been given yet for the changes to the orginal design.
I read that article also and it said that this building was named 'Lot 8' It also said that apartments were going to start at $399 000 - FARK! Tis getting expensive to live in the city these days!
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: *U/C: Coglin Place - 40m ~ 12 levels

#44 Post by Pikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:09 am

Now now guys, no need to get sand in your vaginas, play nicely!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: *U/C: Coglin Place - 40m ~ 12 levels

#45 Post by crawf » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:28 am

So lets see we are going to have at least 8 cranes in the CBD in 2 months time! (2 - SA Water, CC2, Tivoli, Octogan, Minster Ellison, Conservatory on Hindmarsh and this!) :shock: :D

I'm not a crane buff, but dam that is exciting lol. Should be a nice sight