[APP] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

[APP] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#1 Post by Spurdo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 pm

http://www.saplanningcommission.sa.gov. ... taiton.pdf

New apartment tower proposed for the site on the corner of Hutt St and Pirie St/Bartels Rd. 16 levels with 14 levels above ground and 2 levels underground.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[APP] Re: [PRO] 2-6 Hutt Street | Rymill Place | 54m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#2 Post by Pikey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Great find!

And it's quite the looker too.

I encourage people to read the application. The detail provided is fantastic, and shows two new indicative proposals for Hutt street. The eastern skyline is starting to bulk up quite nicely!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by crawf » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Nice and simple. I like it.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4 Post by Algernon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 pm

Not a fan but it'll definitely sell in that location.

Out of interest, only been bugging me for 30 years. What is that antennae for over the road from the blood bank?

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by Jaymz » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 pm

Very Gold Coast........ except much, much shorter :lol:

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by Spurdo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Algernon wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 pm
What is that antennae for over the road from the blood bank?
ETSA/ElectraNet control centre, I think?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by Norman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Just read the proposal, and it an excellent document, well put together. The penthouses look stunning, and, given the area, should fetch a nice price. I also like that the "normal" apartments below have a lot of natural light. My only concern is the tight ramps for the car parks, that's a bit too tight for me.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#8 Post by Mants » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am

What an excellent gateway to both the Hutt Street precinct and to the city from the inner east.
So much effort has gone into the plan, and the proposal seems of excellent quality. Great location for a new restaurant too, Hutt Street definitely needs some love at the moment in this regard.
This is definitely one which I hope gets built in its proposed form.
Last edited by Mants on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrowAdelaide
High Rise Poster!

#9 Post by GrowAdelaide » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

Norman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Just read the proposal, and it an excellent document, well put together. The penthouses look stunning, and, given the area, should fetch a nice price. I also like that the "normal" apartments below have a lot of natural light. My only concern is the tight ramps for the car parks, that's a bit too tight for me.
Yes, agreed on all points. Re the document though I didn't notice any consideration for the fact their road is a V8 supercar track for 4 days every year.

Nathan

#10 Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Theo Maras will build and move into a new $32 million tower in the CBD
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 510b7d5a9d

HE led the transformation of Adelaide’s East End, and now one of Adelaide’s highest profile property developers has plans to build and move into a luxury apartment tower around the corner from where he made his name.

Theo Maras and long-time friend James Arsenikakis have lodged plans for a $32 million high-end development on the southeastern corner of the Hutt St and East Tce intersection.

Maras, who turns 70 in May, will move into the top floor penthouse of his first residential project — his final development in a distinguished career dating back to the 1970s.

“This is the last development that I, Theo Maras will be doing,” he said.

“People have told me that most pharaohs build their own pyramid and I suppose this is what’s going to be your pyramid.”

“I’m doing this for myself and my family — when we talk about top end spec we’re talking about top end spec, full stop.”

Maras’s penthouse will comprise four bedrooms and four bathrooms, an outdoor swimming pool and two outdoor living spaces.

Maras’s sister Lili and children Steve, Anthony and Joanne have also bought into the 16-level project, while the family of Mr Arsenikakis will take another four of the 38 apartments that will be built. They will range in price from $400,000 to $4 million.

“The European thing is you buy the best apartment in the best location,” Mr Maras said.

“It’s a jump to the East End, a jump to the mall, a jump to everything — it’s the only site with parklands frontage and with a northerly aspect.”

The 54 metre tower will feature a private roof garden for use by residents, while the ground floor will accommodate a high-end international cafe operator, Mr Maras said.

He said that unlike many other projects in the CBD, the premium offering would target the owner-occupier market.

“The market has been in my view inundated with investment units and I don’t think anyone has built high echelon residential like this,” he said.

“It’s easy to build something to be the best, but the challenge is to build something that will remain the best in ten to 15 years time.”

“I’d be absolutely stunned if we were to make any money out of the development but I’m happy if we can break even comfortably.”

A pre-lodgement agreement has been reached with the State Government’s Office of Design and Architecture, with the Development Assessment Commission to consider the proposal in February.

Construction is expected to commence by the end of the year with completion due in mid-2020.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#11 Post by citywatcher » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Nathan wrote:
Theo Maras will build and move into a new $32 million tower in the CBD
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 510b7d5a9d

HE led the transformation of Adelaide’s East End, and now one of Adelaide’s highest profile property developers has plans to build and move into a luxury apartment tower around the corner from where he made his name.

Theo Maras and long-time friend James Arsenikakis have lodged plans for a $32 million high-end development on the southeastern corner of the Hutt St and East Tce intersection.

Maras, who turns 70 in May, will move into the top floor penthouse of his first residential project — his final development in a distinguished career dating back to the 1970s.

“This is the last development that I, Theo Maras will be doing,” he said.

“People have told me that most pharaohs build their own pyramid and I suppose this is what’s going to be your pyramid.”

“I’m doing this for myself and my family — when we talk about top end spec we’re talking about top end spec, full stop.”

Maras’s penthouse will comprise four bedrooms and four bathrooms, an outdoor swimming pool and two outdoor living spaces.

Maras’s sister Lili and children Steve, Anthony and Joanne have also bought into the 16-level project, while the family of Mr Arsenikakis will take another four of the 38 apartments that will be built. They will range in price from $400,000 to $4 million.

“The European thing is you buy the best apartment in the best location,” Mr Maras said.

“It’s a jump to the East End, a jump to the mall, a jump to everything — it’s the only site with parklands frontage and with a northerly aspect.”

The 54 metre tower will feature a private roof garden for use by residents, while the ground floor will accommodate a high-end international cafe operator, Mr Maras said.

He said that unlike many other projects in the CBD, the premium offering would target the owner-occupier market.

“The market has been in my view inundated with investment units and I don’t think anyone has built high echelon residential like this,” he said.

“It’s easy to build something to be the best, but the challenge is to build something that will remain the best in ten to 15 years time.”

“I’d be absolutely stunned if we were to make any money out of the development but I’m happy if we can break even comfortably.”

A pre-lodgement agreement has been reached with the State Government’s Office of Design and Architecture, with the Development Assessment Commission to consider the proposal in February.

Construction is expected to commence by the end of the year with completion due in mid-2020.
Sounds like the wanker he's always been regarded as

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#12 Post by SRW » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 pm

By whom? This is good proposal we can reliably expect to be seen through by a good businessman. As a development forum, we surely all welcome that! I don’t see any reason to sling insults.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Patrick_27

#13 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 am

SRW wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 pm
By whom? This is good proposal we can reliably expect to be seen through by a good businessman. As a development forum, we surely all welcome that! I don’t see any reason to sling insults.
No, Citywatcher is right. Maras is an arrogant fucking wanker. To provide one example, he's the culprit behind the fact that the LeCornu site has remained empty for close to 30 years, he spent far too much time interfering with ACC decisions during both Bob Wallis' ownership of the site and early on during Makris' ownership. One can praise his efforts with the EastEnd, but that's about it.

Nathan

#14 Post by Nathan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 am
SRW wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 pm
No, Citywatcher is right. Maras is an arrogant fucking wanker. To provide one example, he's the culprit behind the fact that the LeCornu site has remained empty for close to 30 years, he spent far too much time interfering with ACC decisions during both Bob Wallis' ownership of the site and early on during Makris' ownership. One can praise his efforts with the EastEnd, but that's about it.
You want to back any of that up with some evidence? Given the council DAP approved proposal after proposal, I doubt your assertion that interference with council decisions had one iota to do with Makris' inability to deliver.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#15 Post by how good is he » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Yes good point it was the DAC giving approval after approval so the council etc didn't have a say anyway...