[CAN] Azucar Apartments | 32m | 12lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
shiftaling
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: #Proposed: 22 Moger Lane - 12 Level Apartments

#31 Post by shiftaling » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Ben wrote:
Hippodamus wrote:i'm not a fan of non-interactive street frontages, particularly under medium to high density development where opportunity exists to animate the streetscape with convenience stores, cafes or other small businesses supporting the local area.
it's down an alleyway so i can't see anyone making a profit from any sort of store in this location..
Yeah but it could have windows or something :(
Doesn't need to be a shop but solid walls straight to the ground turn me off. I still shake my head whenever I see the UniSA buildings on North Terrace west of Morphett. What a place to turn your back on the street front!! They could have really enlivened that bit of Adelaide's cultural boulevarde (which still peters out to a dirt tow-path as soon as you get past West Terrace)

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#32 Post by Omicron » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 pm

My God; someone's put public toilet tiles around the base of a frightening Wills Building/Unihouse/Adam Internet House fusion.

Just build it
High Rise Poster!

#33 Post by Just build it » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:20 pm

LOL. Public toilet tiles. Its true though. :mrgreen:

Another blank wall frontage trying to masquerade as a 'hip urban design element'. Looks cheap, boring and lazy.

I like having this size building in that location though so I hope it gets built.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#34 Post by AtD » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:55 pm

According to the public notice, this is Azucar: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... ?f=7&t=759 21-23 Tam O'Shanter Place
It is only 11 levels.

It also looks rather horrid. :shock:

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#35 Post by SRW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:46 pm

AtD wrote:According to the public notice, this is Azucar: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... ?f=7&t=759 21-23 Tam O'Shanter Place
It is only 11 levels.

I'm actually convinced that they're the same building now, seeing as though that render is exactly the same as the others in this thread. The confusion is probably because the allotment borders both Moger Lane and Tam O'Shanter Place.

It would have been lovely two have another two 10+ storey buildings in the East End though...
Keep Adelaide Weird

Omicron

#36 Post by Omicron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:51 am

SRW wrote:
AtD wrote:According to the public notice, this is Azucar: http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... ?f=7&t=759 21-23 Tam O'Shanter Place
It is only 11 levels.

I'm actually convinced that they're the same building now, seeing as though that render is exactly the same as the others in this thread. The confusion is probably because the allotment borders both Moger Lane and Tam O'Shanter Place.

It would have been lovely two have another two 10+ storey buildings in the East End though...
It would be lovely to have one building of ten storeys that doesn't look like Peng ordered tanks into town brandishing vile renders and ran over pedestrians in Victioranmen Square......

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#37 Post by Cruise » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Tetris, anyone?

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#38 Post by Will » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 pm

This is the same development as Azucar Apartments

As such this development already has a dedicated thread:

http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... ?f=7&t=759

To avoid confusion developing could the moderators please merge these 2 threads.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #Approved : Azucar Apartments - 11lvl 30m 17aprt

#39 Post by Will » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:06 pm

I was having a look of the documents for public notification.

The new proposal increases the number of apartments from 17 to 27. These apartments will be tiny, with the majority being studio apartments with no carpark. In fact the height between floors is only 2.42m at the uppermost floors. For the lower floors the height between floors is 2.88m

The ammended plans are for a 12 level building which will rise to a height of 32.25m

The building is 13.15m long and 18m wide.

The building will have 3 carparks, 1 lift and 1 stairwell.

The building will incroporate an office tenancy on the ground floor.

Omicron

#40 Post by Omicron » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 am

I despise low ceilings with a passion. A 9 foot ceiling is as low as anyone should go - anything lower and the room feels shut-in, appears smaller, and looks cheap.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#41 Post by Will » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 pm

According to the Emporis data standards, a high rise building is either 12 levels or 35m.

I mentioned this building on the internal Emporis forums, because I was wondering whether it could classify as a high rise despite it being lower than 35m but because it has 12 levels.

Judging from the comments from the other editors, it appears that Azucar may possibly be the shortest high rise building in the world!

This could possibly become a quirky landmark for Adelaide!

Ho Really

#42 Post by Ho Really » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Will wrote:According to the Emporis data standards, a high rise building is either 12 levels or 35m.

I mentioned this building on the internal Emporis forums, because I was wondering whether it could classify as a high rise despite it being lower than 35m but because it has 12 levels.

Judging from the comments from the other editors, it appears that Azucar may possibly be the shortest high rise building in the world!

This could possibly become a quirky landmark for Adelaide!
Interesting, a highrise for midgets. :lol:

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

thechap
High Rise Poster!

#43 Post by thechap » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but irrespective of whether it's high rise or not, it is still F*ING UGLY.
"The Beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair." - Relient K

urban
Legendary Member!

#44 Post by urban » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Ben wrote:
urban wrote:
Ben wrote:
it's down an alleyway so i can't see anyone making a profit from any sort of store in this location..
Yeah none of those stores in alleyways make money in Melbourne. :roll: Requiring new development to have active street frontages is the only way to invigorate the alleyways of Adelaide and improve their safety.
This alley is a bit different to one off Swanston or Collins Street. I agree entirly about active street frontages but its a bit uneconomical given it's location is down a dead end alley, which services (after this development) maybe 40 properties if that.
Not all businesses rely on passing trade. Professional offices for example only need to be easily accessible or close to other businesses. This sort of use would at least provide extra activity and passive surveillance initially. If the adjoining properties were redeveloped in the future, more ground level active uses could then be included.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #APP : Azucar Apartments | 30m | 11lvls | Student

#45 Post by Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:49 pm

This development will come before the ACC DAP next Monday where it is expected to receive planning APPROVAL.