[COM] Adelaide Oval Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Spotto
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#676 Post by Spotto » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:16 am

claybro wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:50 pm
To loose the Boxing Day test to Adelaide would be some small compensation for years of arrogantly looking down their nose at the other states.
I will admit though, it was pretty funny to watch Andrews eat his words about “Why would you want to go to SA?” so quickly. It was only a couple weeks later that Victoria flared up while SA kept cruising along and has still mostly stayed that way.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#677 Post by rev » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 pm

So anyway, the Indian cricket team will probably arrive in October and will be in quarantine for two weeks, staying in this hotel. They will train at Adelaide oval but in small groups only. Western Australia rejected the idea, and Sydney is also chasing the Boxing Day test. We might be able to beat them to it given they can remain in a hub here.
Apparently the hotel has two wings, and one can be isolated from the other. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near Adelaide Oval or the hotel with the Indians in there, given they have 90,000 cases a day, have passed Brasil and on track to surpass America, and also given the fact that most of our new cases have been from Indians returning from holidays in India (besides the odd stray infected Victorian).

If it wasn't for this hotel and the ability to contain the entire team in that location, I'd say it was an extremely bad idea and the Western Australian hardline on it is the way to go. Our economy would be decimated worse then the state bank collapse if we had to impose stage 4 restrictions like Melbourne has been enduring.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#678 Post by SBD » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 pm
So anyway, the Indian cricket team will probably arrive in October and will be in quarantine for two weeks, staying in this hotel. They will train at Adelaide oval but in small groups only. Western Australia rejected the idea, and Sydney is also chasing the Boxing Day test. We might be able to beat them to it given they can remain in a hub here.
Apparently the hotel has two wings, and one can be isolated from the other. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near Adelaide Oval or the hotel with the Indians in there, given they have 90,000 cases a day, have passed Brasil and on track to surpass America, and also given the fact that most of our new cases have been from Indians returning from holidays in India (besides the odd stray infected Victorian).

If it wasn't for this hotel and the ability to contain the entire team in that location, I'd say it was an extremely bad idea and the Western Australian hardline on it is the way to go. Our economy would be decimated worse then the state bank collapse if we had to impose stage 4 restrictions like Melbourne has been enduring.
The country as a whole is getting huge amounts of new cases, but I suspect that the cricketers will be fairly well isolated from the moment that they are selected for the touring team. It's not a good look (or cost) for the Indian Cricket Authorities to have half the team sidelined. Flying in replacements for an infected player has the additional problem of isolating them from the rest of their own team, too.

PeFe

#679 Post by PeFe » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:19 pm

There is a 1 page spread in the the travel section of the Weekend Australian today promoting the hotel. The marketing campaign has well and truly begun.

Algernon

#680 Post by Algernon » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:12 pm

BTW, the cricketers will not be staying in the hotel. Health SA didn't approve it and for obvious reasons - the players had free reign over the place and the hotel couldn't be locked down or even cordoned off efficiently so it wasn't even close to suitable. Not a knock on the hotel though, it was never designed to be an iso wing.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#681 Post by wilkiebarkid » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Some photos from our stay last night.

PeFe

#682 Post by PeFe » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:09 pm

Great photos! I am hoping Channel 9 gives the hotel a little plug (because it is the first hotel incorporated into a sports stadium in this country as far as I know) on the first State of Origin broadcast on Wednesday night.

ChillyPhilly

[COM] Re: [COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#683 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Algernon wrote:BTW, the cricketers will not be staying in the hotel. Health SA didn't approve it and for obvious reasons - the players had free reign over the place and the hotel couldn't be locked down or even cordoned off efficiently so it wasn't even close to suitable. Not a knock on the hotel though, it was never designed to be an iso wing.
The hotel lost its COVIDSafe plan apparently!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#684 Post by Mpol02 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Adelaidian still look like it’s under construction. :sly:

Algernon

#685 Post by Algernon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:11 am

Mpol02 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:53 pm
Adelaidian still look like it’s under construction. :sly:
It actually makes the Central Equity developments in Melbourne look top shelf by comparison :lol:

rev

#686 Post by rev » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:00 pm

FB_IMG_1604298437697.jpg
I'm surprised they didn't include something like this on part of the facade, in keeping with the western stand.

SBD

#687 Post by SBD » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:01 am

rev wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:00 pm
FB_IMG_1604298437697.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't include something like this on part of the facade, in keeping with the western stand.
Where is that? What does it look like by the middle of summer? Lush and green the week it is planted doesn't mean it can be kept looking that nice for long.

rev

#688 Post by rev » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:05 am

SBD wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:01 am
rev wrote:
FB_IMG_1604298437697.jpg

Where is that? What does it look like by the middle of summer? Lush and green the week it is planted doesn't mean it can be kept looking that nice for long.
Do you actually have anything positive to say ever?
How does the similar feature on the western stand look during the middle of summer?

You'd think I just suggested something that isn't already an existing feature at Adelaide Oval. :wallbash:

SBD

#689 Post by SBD » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:06 am

rev wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:05 am
SBD wrote:
rev wrote:
FB_IMG_1604298437697.jpg

How does the similar feature on the western stand look during the middle of summer?

You'd think I just suggested something that isn't already an existing feature at Adelaide Oval. :wallbash:
I don't know where it is, and I don't know what it looks like a bit later in summer. Do you mean that it is on another part of Adelaide Oval's grandstands? I agree it looks good at the time of the photo.

rev

#690 Post by rev » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:34 am

SBD wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:06 am
rev wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:05 am
SBD wrote:

I don't know where it is, and I don't know what it looks like a bit later in summer. Do you mean that it is on another part of Adelaide Oval's grandstands? I agree it looks good at the time of the photo.
The photo in the other post with the windows is not of Adelaide Oval obviously. I was just pointing out it would look good and would match the theme on the western stand facade. Where that photo with the greenery around the windows is isn't relevant, because it was merely intended to illustrate what the new hotel facade could look like if parts had a green wall.
Yes, the western stand greenery stays green during summer. Yes I've been there and seen it.