[U/C] Adelaide Oval Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
User avatar
AndyWelsh
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 799 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#631 Post by AndyWelsh » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Update from today:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nort
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1359
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 189 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#632 Post by Nort » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Those vertical screens really do add a lot.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 60 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#633 Post by Mpol03 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Is that the same exterior used on convention centre stage 3?
Looks much more reflective. I like!

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 82 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#634 Post by Honey of a City » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:30 pm

For once a far smarter finish than the renders depicted.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 64 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#635 Post by how good is he » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm

They are advertising an opening special on their website $199 per night from 1 Oct for 4 months. So does that mean any major sports side/country are now unlikely to be coming here to play/stay in that time (if the public are free to book it out)?

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 60 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#636 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Love the bronze finish! Does anyone know if this is the same used on convention centre stage 3? Because this looks more reflective and I wish stage 3 had something more akin to this.

One of the few moments I’m eating my words but very happy to do so.

User avatar
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Location: In your head
Has thanked: 1318 times
Been thanked: 170 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#637 Post by Ho Really » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:46 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm
They are advertising an opening special on their website $199 per night from 1 Oct for 4 months. So does that mean any major sports side/country are now unlikely to be coming here to play/stay in that time (if the public are free to book it out)?
Fully booked out no way. However it will be interesting to know whether they want sports teams and their entourage to stay there or prefer (high) paying public.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 565 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#638 Post by rev » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:14 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:49 pm
They are advertising an opening special on their website $199 per night from 1 Oct for 4 months. So does that mean any major sports side/country are now unlikely to be coming here to play/stay in that time (if the public are free to book it out)?
When did they ever say that the general public wont be able to book a room in this hotel?

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 64 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#639 Post by how good is he » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am

I think you are missing my point. There was talk of the Indian cricket team, the Boxing day test or whatever coming to AO [and using the hotel]. Most sports teams/countries/staff/media etc etc would probably need a min. 100 rooms. So there are 138 rooms in total so if the public is free to book any of these rooms until the end of January its unlikely that any major sporting event/team/country could book out the hotel if say the public have already booked even a 40% occupancy.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2871
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 806 times
Been thanked: 398 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#640 Post by SRW » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:46 am

I would've thought the big touring sports teams would have relationships with the larger corporate hotel providers and unlikely to stay here anyway?
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 565 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#641 Post by rev » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm

how good is he wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:34 am
I think you are missing my point. There was talk of the Indian cricket team, the Boxing day test or whatever coming to AO [and using the hotel]. Most sports teams/countries/staff/media etc etc would probably need a min. 100 rooms. So there are 138 rooms in total so if the public is free to book any of these rooms until the end of January its unlikely that any major sporting event/team/country could book out the hotel if say the public have already booked even a 40% occupancy.
Perhaps when there is a confirmed tour match or other major event the public wont be able to book a hotel on selected dates.
I don't recall the SMA saying that this hotel will be exclusively for teams or anything of the sort. Perhaps it will be. Or maybe they intend to use offer packages for say Australia vs England Ashes test match to the general public? Maybe that package will include the roof climb and complimentary dinner at the restaurant in the eastern stand?
I think it's just been our speculation on here about the use of this hotel, correct me if I'm wrong.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 81 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#642 Post by NTRabbit » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:06 am

It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine

User avatar
wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 210 times

[U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#643 Post by wilkiebarkid » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Paid and staying there at the end of October. Seven of us for our business anniversary. Hope they survive until then!!!!

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3545
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 147 times

[U/C] [U/C] [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#644 Post by Waewick » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pm


NTRabbit wrote:It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine
Australian Hotels Association SA general manager Ian Horne said while he thought the Adelaide Oval hotel would be “enormously successful”, South Australian hoteliers were angry about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business.
“Adelaide Oval is without doubt one of the jewels in our crown and the concept of a boutique hotel attached literally as part of the stadium is very, very smart as the stadium already has an extraordinary advantage in terms of its facilities and its location,” he told InDaily.
So this is a direct quote from a fairly prominent person in an industry that would have a fair idea about what success and failure looks like.

So, can you share your insight to why you think it will fail or struggle massively as you put it? I assume it's only because Labor didn't suggest it?

The hotel looks fantastic, it's in a fantastic location and has already significant advantage by its surrounds, it's a great addition to the area.

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 73 times

[U/C] Re: [U/C] [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Adelaide Oval Hotel

#645 Post by gnrc_louis » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:06 am

Waewick wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 pm
NTRabbit wrote:It's not meant to be exclusive for sports teams all the time, I mean they're already going to struggle massively to make a profit so why would they shoot themselves in the foot extra hard by turning away any paying customers, but I'd wager it will be when the Indian Cricket Team hits town whether they take every room or not, because of the need for quarantine
Australian Hotels Association SA general manager Ian Horne said while he thought the Adelaide Oval hotel would be “enormously successful”, South Australian hoteliers were angry about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business.
“Adelaide Oval is without doubt one of the jewels in our crown and the concept of a boutique hotel attached literally as part of the stadium is very, very smart as the stadium already has an extraordinary advantage in terms of its facilities and its location,” he told InDaily.
So this is a direct quote from a fairly prominent person in an industry that would have a fair idea about what success and failure looks like.

So, can you share your insight to why you think it will fail or struggle massively as you put it? I assume it's only because Labor didn't suggest it?

The hotel looks fantastic, it's in a fantastic location and has already significant advantage by its surrounds, it's a great addition to the area.
His point about people within the industry being annoyed about taxpayer money being used to fund a competing business is particularly pertinent since covid.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests