News & Discussion: General CBD Development

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: General CBD Development

#1561 Post by claybro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Is the problem that Adelaide oval stands are too big to see the city over, or that the city builings arent tall enough to see over the stands? :wink:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1562 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Image of the proposed warehouse next to car Wash on West Terrace. Application mentions it will be similar to a Bunnings warehouse. What they will sell i'm not sure.

ACC are expected to approve at Tuesdays meeting.

http://ncapps.adelaidecitycouncil.com/a ... hments.pdf

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1563 Post by Will » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm

From the City Messenger:
The former Heaven nightclub in Flinders St will be turned into a new State Government-backed arts centre

Tim Williams •
City Messenger •
October 09, 2013 11:08AM

The former Heaven nightclub on the corner of Pulteney and Flinders St. Source: News Limited

MORE than 200 artists, musicians and entrepreneurs are expected to pack the former Heaven nightclub building on Flinders St each day when the State Government opens its Creative Hub in December.

The Planning Department has lodged plans for the old St Paul's church building on the Pulteney St corner, where Heaven operated until February, 2012.

The location was an open secret well before the government officially announced in the June State Budget its intention to open an arts hub somewhere in the city.

A spokesman for Planning Minister John Rau this week said the government was still working out details of how the hub would operate, but the application reveals:

THE hub will offer a range of memberships options for individuals and groups, as well as sponsored fellowships and scholarships;

IT will open 24/7 but amplified music will stop after 11pm;

THE government expects 200 members to use the hub each day, and more in the lead-up to major arts festivals;

THE hub will span over two levels and make use of the former nightclub's stages and dressing rooms, and;

THERE will be no structural changes to the local heritage-listed building but $150,000 will be spent on basic improvements such painting, wiring and plumbing.

The application says the hub will open in December.

The City Council can make comment on the application but it will be determined by the state Development Assessment Commission.

In June, a government press release said the hub would be "a means of bringing artists, musicians and other creative entrepreneurs together to develop their talents and business ideas in a collaborative way".

In a separate venture, the Jade Monkey live music venue is moving into the neighbouring rectory building.

The old Jade Monkey in Twin St closed a year ago. Its 150-year-old building was bulldozed to make way for a new hotel

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1564 Post by mattblack » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Big new development proposed on Crn of Currie/Rosina St and is being assessed by the Council as we speak. 15-20 stories. Looks amazing. I'm sure render will come out shortly.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1565 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:32 pm

mattblack wrote:Big new development proposed on Crn of Currie/Rosina St and is being assessed by the Council as we speak. 15-20 stories. Looks amazing. I'm sure render will come out shortly.
Uhhhh what??

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1566 Post by mattblack » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:54 am

crawf wrote:
mattblack wrote:Big new development proposed on Crn of Currie/Rosina St and is being assessed by the Council as we speak. 15-20 stories. Looks amazing. I'm sure render will come out shortly.
Uhhhh what??
Cant say anymore at this stage :secret: .......... sorry, I always hate people who do that :evil:

claybro

#1567 Post by claybro » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm

:roll: Wake me up when we get something 30 storeys plus under contruction.

[Shuz]

#1568 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 am

Mattblack, any such proposal would be assessed by the State Government DAC, not council. 15-20 levels would certainly be well over $10m.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1569 Post by mattblack » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:28 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Mattblack, any such proposal would be assessed by the State Government DAC, not council. 15-20 levels would certainly be well over $10m.
Thankyou for that valuable info Shuz but Council does have a role to play and although DAC make the final decision, Council makes a recommendation to them.

[Shuz]

#1570 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am

I'm very well aware of how the process works, mattblack.

Council's "recommendation" is about as valid as a cow's fart. It stinks and annoys everyone for a couple of moments and then disappears.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

rhino

#1571 Post by rhino » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:08 am

A bit like some people who comment on this board.

:oops: Oops, did I say that out loud?
cheers,
Rhino

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#1572 Post by mattblack » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

[Shuz] wrote:I'm very well aware of how the process works, mattblack.

Council's "recommendation" is about as valid as a cow's fart. It stinks and annoys everyone for a couple of moments and then disappears.
Sorry, I forgot about your years of experience as a student :bow:

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1573 Post by Howie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 pm

crawf wrote:
Uhhhh what??
Okay, here's some great news on this project. The development will have 4 street frontages, and will be 30+ levels! Currently undergoing development approval with formal lodging within a few weeks. Will have more info then.

Edit: i've started a thread here :
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... f=7&t=4799

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1574 Post by Ben » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 am

Commonwealth bank is getting refurbished internally and part of this includes a cafe fronting KWS
Type: Application Assessed on Merit
Application Number :DA/820/2013
Lodgement Date: 11/10/2013
Location: Commonwealth Bank, Ground 100 King William Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Description: Internal alterations and change the use of portion of ground floor form banking to cafe including outdoor dining and signage.

Applicant Name

Veloce Paninoteca

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1575 Post by Norman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 am

Great news, this was always a dark and unsightly part of KWS