[CAN] 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Re: #Approved: 20-22 Currie St - 123m, 31 lvls

#766 Post by Howie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:32 pm

Certainly was mate :) Nice one

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#767 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 am

Well at least there was a reply I suppose but really we are due for another pre-commitment announcement soon. All the other mainland states in Australia have been getting significant government and private sector office space commitments over the past few months but there has been virtually nothing in Adelaide.

Sure we are getting developments but I hope we get one of the mooted commitments soon. Either the State or Fed Government eg (DTEI, police or ATO) or Private Sector (Adelaide Bank, Origin Energy) as reported in the AFR a while back.

Otherwise we will keep getting the mid-rise office jobs and not much else. An announcement must be due soon for something, I hope.

Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

#768 Post by Tyler_Durden » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Just build it wrote:Interesting. Pretty much the expected standard Government reply but there's not much more he could say about it really. At least he may have visited this website though and that's a good thing.
I highly doubt it. If you know how Government Departments work you'll know that this would have been researched and written by a mid level public servant and forwarded to the minister's office for signing. All the minister does is sign it. If you're lucky he may have even had a quick glance at what he was signing.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#769 Post by loud » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:22 pm

I really do not see the purpose of a third parry lobbying the government, and encouraging them to commit to or consider a particular development.

The government will produce a Registration of Interest document which outlines their requirement and invites groups to register their development for consideration.

They are only going to be in a position to consider a development if it is formally submitted to them by the developer (or their agent) through this formal registration process.

I am sure, when the time arises, the developer will register this project.

gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

#770 Post by gregrogers257 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:19 pm

Looks like nothing is going to happen on this one. Might as well put it on the scrap heap....

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#771 Post by Will » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm

gregrogers257 wrote:Looks like nothing is going to happen on this one. Might as well put it on the scrap heap....
Do you have any evidence to substantiate that claim?

frank1
Donating Member
Donating Member

#772 Post by frank1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Will wrote:
gregrogers257 wrote:Looks like nothing is going to happen on this one. Might as well put it on the scrap heap....
Of course not. Just another useless speculative comment.

gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

#773 Post by gregrogers257 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:32 pm

Will wrote:
Yes, nothing has happpened since the project was first proposed nearly 18 months ago. Furthermore there's no prospects for it - no govt depts or private companies are showing any interest.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#774 Post by Pikey » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 pm

How the hell do you know that? Who's not to say deals are being now/close to being sealed.

Need I remind you how long 223 North Terrace and Conservatory took from proposal, approval to construction?

18 months is dead set fuck all.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

loud
High Rise Poster!

#775 Post by loud » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:42 pm

gregrogers257 wrote:
Will wrote:
Yes, nothing has happpened since the project was first proposed nearly 18 months ago. Furthermore there's no prospects for it - no govt depts or private companies are showing any interest.
How do you know that no one is showing any interest??? This forum probably wont find out if there is any interest until after the event and an announcement is made about construction commencing!

Why? Because the developer would not want to give any hints to rival developers about what tenants are fishing around and tenants typically do not disclose where they are moving until they have finalised their lease.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#776 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:43 pm

It is almost certain that private companies have looked at this project.

There is a lot of 'behind closed doors' meetings regarding possible tenant commitments before they are formerly announced. We should not forget that the amended design was only approved early this year too.

We will just have to be patient I suppose, but never say never gregrogers257.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#777 Post by Ben » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:43 pm

gregrogers257 wrote:
Will wrote:
Funny how that is the exact comment made by NIMBY23 who was banned a week ago.....

This building was PROPOSED just over a year ago and the final design reached APPROVAL less then 5 months ago. get a grip. Big projects like this takes years from development to construction fase. With every day that goes by this project is actually getting closer to construction not further from it.

shiftaling
High Rise Poster!

#778 Post by shiftaling » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Ben wrote:
Funny how that is the exact comment made by NIMBY23 who was banned a week ago.....
Let's not assume he's a sock puppet. And banning trolls is obviously a noble course of action (and I'm certainly not commenting on that), but to play the devil's advocate, I must say these forums can get a bit jumpy when people have a different point of view from the majority of users.

One of my first comments got someone really riled up, and it was put to me that I was one of the minority NIMBY population in Adelaide. The comment I want to make about that is: how can users of this forum make judgments about who is in the minority or majority when a diversity of opinion is not always welcome? There may be a large population of NIMBYs who just wouldn't bother reading or posting here

Don't get me wrong, I love this site and would never want to antagonise other users - even if there is a bit of NIMBY in me when I see inappropriate development. By which I usually mean Orwellian looking blank concrete walls in people's faces. Something new, tall and breathtaking, on the other hand, gets me really excited!

Not directing these comments against you Ben (love your posts, especially on the South Tce/King William stuff). Just saying is all

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#779 Post by Shuz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Shiftaling, theres a difference between a Nimby, and you as a development realist.

Nimbys oppose anything and everything, even if its not in their backyard. You on the other hand, take a sensible and logical approach to seeing what is sustainable, efficient, pratical, etc. concerning development. This is what the forum tolerates (as an opposing minority to the pro-development majority, like myself) because it gives reason to have a difference of opinion on the forums, without compromising the site's 'ideals', that being an advocate for better development in Adelaide and SA. So I wouldn't be too concerned of your position on the forums, in fact I welcome it strongly.

Anyways, back to sexy glass curvy towers. Who said hips don't lie. :P

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#780 Post by Norman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Shuz wrote:Anyways, back to sexy glass curvy towers. Who said hips don't lie. :P
Shakira in twothousand and... six?

If this thing ever gets built, I would study for whatever that building houses just so I could work up there.