[CAN] 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#106 Post by Pikey » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:20 am

If this gem doesn't get built, it will be the biggest injustice in the history of SA. Here's hoping that AAL don't fuck it up big time for us.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

stelaras
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#107 Post by stelaras » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:01 am

I HAVE AGREED WITH EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE HAS SAID SO FAR!

I hope this one does get approved. But would really excite me and assuming that this building gets approved is for 4 or 5 building in a similar height range and a similar artistic flair to be spawned!

bva
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#108 Post by bva » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:45 am

london does have some very successful modern buildings embedded into its heritage fabric, although there is a perception that soem things are going to far as UNESCO has threatened to place the tower of london and westminster on the threatened list because they are worried that to many taller buildings will detract from these buildings -it is very political

that said, the aurora building is not the tower of london!! and this bulding will only complement not adversely affect any of adelaide's heritage

Cruise
Banned
Banned

[CAN]

#109 Post by Cruise » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:32 am

On regards to that bloke in the paper, read his age? enough said.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#110 Post by Will » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:39 pm

This is an amzing looking building, we can really boast this time to have a world-class looking building. It makes some recent developments look conservative.

I am also very happy with the optimism that this building has created in the public. To those in the ACC, I say "if you reject this proposal you will create a giant wave of negativity which will create considerable damage to the perception of Adelaide amongst the youth."

This project deserves major project status, and I hope that Transport SA choses it, because I'm afraid that if it does not get Transport SA as the tenant this building will never come to fruition. We should write letters to the minister responsible (Pat Conlon?) for DTEI, to select this building as the home of Transport SA.

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#111 Post by Thunderstruck » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:06 pm

FUNK ME TRUNK!!! :shock: I need some towels!!!

WHAT A FUCKING SNORTER!!!! god, haven't been on here for a while and log on to see this on the front page, nearly died of triple heart failure. And to read 168m at start of thread as well but yer 123m fair dinkum and what a dead sexy bold design. Fark I move to Melb and all this happens. Shes a pumpin!
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Waz
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#112 Post by Waz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:14 am

I disappear for a few months, then this happens! NICE! :o
You hear it here first...

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN]

#113 Post by skyliner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Absolutely stunning render!!! Visionary!! Iconic!! It will establish us (me being an SA person but in Brisbane) ) on the world stage in a visible way.

Stacks more impressive than anything in Brisbane or the Gold Coast!!

The development in Adelaide concerning building proposals seems to be escalating - speaks well for the CBD and future population and later entertainment outlets. One leads on to the other. More resis do the same. Add this to the tramline - it's all happening. Nothing like that here in Brisbane.

Someone mentioned a feeling of reserve about all this development after the 1980's days when it appeared that many of te proposals were not built. I would suggest that this would be a function of the general estimated economic movement of the state by investors and subsequently indicated by huge population slowdown.

NOW, population is increasing, massive and valuable mineral discoveries have been made and more businessmen are stating very positive predictions about the state.

I believe this building, if approved, will set the way for mpore of the same.

PhilH
Gold-Member ;)

[CAN]

#114 Post by PhilH » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Just signed up after lurking for a while. I agree that this is a stunning design, but don't tell Major Marty that there's a skinny tree out the front of the current building, or he might just come along and hug it!

Phil

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#115 Post by Snorkie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:22 pm

I think a significant thing to point out is that DTEI mentioned they wanted a customer service centre on the ground floor, like they have on corner of currie and kws at the moment. If this is still the case, than this project would clearly be more favourable than other ones (i.e. yorke) as this building is a stones throw away from where there current service centre is. Could possibly be a reason for them to favour this project over others...

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#116 Post by Bulldozer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:00 pm

skyliner wrote:Nothing like that here in Brisbane.
Whilst not as wild in design, Aurora, Vision and this new one: http://www.brisbanestallestapartments.com.au surely are more impressive just for sheer size. We can only dream about grand buildings like that in Adelaide... stupid airport!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#117 Post by crawf » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:57 pm

Snorkie, AFAIK Yorke Campus is not one of the potential sites.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#118 Post by shuza » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:37 am

I cannot believe I go away a few days too... and this happens.
AAL will approve it. As far as im concerned theyre much more genorous about airspace than whatsitsname - ACC. For the whole debate just refer to the height limits thread. They only control 500m clearance of flight paths which falls 1km short of the CBD. Emergency limits however do have to apply across the metro (which the CBD falls under) and that limit is 200m.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#119 Post by crawf » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 am

Cruise Control wrote:On regards to that bloke in the paper, read his age? enough said.
Actually there was a lady in paper who was in her 50s and she was all up for this development and said some really nice positive things about this tower. So not all people over 50 are against developments like this.

Mants
Legendary Member!

[CAN]

#120 Post by Mants » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 pm

crawf wrote:
Cruise Control wrote:On regards to that bloke in the paper, read his age? enough said.
Actually there was a lady in paper who was in her 50s and she was all up for this development and said some really nice positive things about this tower. So not all people over 50 are against developments like this.
wow, you just realised this :shock:

its not fair to generalise all NIMBYs as retirees or the like.