[COM] ANZ Tower | 84/99m | 22lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#511 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:14 pm

Pics from today. Up close the panels on the western elevation don't look so bad, bit of a metal effect, hard to tell from my pics. CC2 is starting to move upwards too in the background.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#512 Post by Ho Really » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:46 pm

For those that don't know, the western wall of CC1 (ANZ) comprises a stairwell (the thin line of glass) on the left; five lifts (4 passenger, 1 goods, which is the one furthest to the right or to the south) and toilets at the extreme right.

Each floor has six central columns. On several of the upper floors there is an atrium (facing King William Street).

Also noticed today (Sunday) one or two glass panels were missing close to the top of the spire stairwell. Wonder what happened there?

Cheers

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#513 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:46 am

Fencing is gradually being removed on Waymouth Street to show the entrance and foyer area, looks very impressive in person. I like the dark grey finish on the main colums, suits the dark green glass. I think the glass may have been given a clean too, but not positive. Laneway works on the western side of the builing are progressing well. Morning light means this pic isn't great quality. From today:

CC1 peaking through Adelaide's skyline, also from today:

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#514 Post by crawf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 am

$143m office tower ready for business
RHIANNON HOYLE REAL ESTATE EDITOR

January 19, 2007 10:30pm

ADELAIDE'S biggest office building in almost 20 years will open its doors next Friday.
The $143 million City Central Tower 1 is officially complete, with tenants preparing to move in on February 1.

The Waymouth St building is being touted the most significant office project in the city since Santos House, formerly the State Bank Centre, opened its doors in 1989.

Developers Caversham Property, builders Baulderstone Hornibrook and other businesses associated with the project last night celebrated with a function on-site.

James Young, SA chief executive of leasing agent Colliers International, said the building had proved a milestone for the local property industry, kick-starting the city's billion dollar building boom.

"It is the biggest project of its kind since Santos, and that was 20 years ago," Mr Young said.

Construction of Tower 1 began in January 2005.

It last year achieved Adelaide's first five-star green star certified rating.

The 31,000sq m, 21-storey building is the biggest green star certified project in Australia.

Architect and tenant, Woods Bagot director Andrew Ford, said the building's energy consumption had been designed so that, when fully occupied, the complex would also achieve a 5-Star Australian Building Greenhouse rating.

"I'm looking forward to tenants moving in," Mr Ford said. "This has not just been two years of construction for us, we have been working on this building for nine years now."

Caversham investment, sales and leasing manager Ben Yates said tenant fitouts were this week drawing to a conclusion, with lease terms to commence next Friday.

Tenants include ANZ, who have naming rights, the State Government, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Lincoln Scott, Woods Bagot and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Mr Yates said the second building in the project - Tower 2 - was on schedule to be completed this time next year.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 82,00.html

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#515 Post by Thunderstruck » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:41 pm

On thursday arvo I noticed a massive amount of smoke coming from a north window or vent of CC1, was definitely smoke, some workers probably started a small fire.
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Maximus_Marc
Gold-Member ;)

[COM]

#516 Post by Maximus_Marc » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm

hopefully with it opening next month the spire may light up soon. I can't wait for when this building is full of offices etc, will look great at night!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#517 Post by crawf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:08 pm

yeah it should look awesome at night from vic square

im looking forward to checking out this executive food court, it will be good for the city to have another hang out spot...

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#518 Post by crawf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:13 pm

though i reacon the footpath should be expanded

Mants
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#519 Post by Mants » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:30 pm

waymouth is narrow enough as it is

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#520 Post by crawf » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:42 pm

So is the footpath. Once the food court, CC1, CC2, upmarket retail complex, hotel, spire etc... open, there is going to be so many people around that area.

maybe they could change waymouth into a one-way road?

btw this is my 400th post :D

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#521 Post by Howie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:04 am

Grats on your 400th Crawfie. :lol:

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#522 Post by AtD » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:39 pm

They could have at least done it backwards:

On street:

You can see how some of the floors are different shapes:

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#523 Post by AtD » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:38 am

Should we list this as complete? The courtyard on the south side is open to the public now, although there's not much there except a nice view of the building.

North side

West side

South side

Spire!

South side

In the renders, the courtyard had a nice row of trees. I may be confused, but in reality the row is half as long, to make way for a vehicle access ramp leading underground.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#524 Post by Will » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:02 pm

Yes the building is complete; it was officially dedicated on February 1.

I strongly recommend everyone go down to Victoria Square at night to see how the building is illuminated. I briefly caught a glimpse last night, but the illumination on the building and spire is really great.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#525 Post by AtD » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks Will. I'd go do it right now, but I've had a few and can't drive. Oh well.