[COM] 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Approved: 20 Hindmarsh Square (15 lvl Hotel, 14 lvl Apartmen

#76 Post by bmw boy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 pm

momentkiller wrote:I think they look very late 90ish, much like the North Terrace apartments adjacent the Morphett Street Bridge.
Ie Oaks Embassy and Horizons?

I quite like the embassy building

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#77 Post by Bulldozer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 am

Cruise Control wrote:Whats that little place next door?
As someone has said, on the left of the development is The Block and on the right side in front of CGU/Internode is Hi-Fi Acoustics and The Griffins Head hotel.

Thanks to Mr Hines for the pic!

keepadelaidealive
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#78 Post by keepadelaidealive » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 pm

I love the look of this development. Surprised it got through the adelaide city council. I wrote about it on my blog.

http://www.keepadelaidealive.com/engine ... velopment/

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#79 Post by Will » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:35 pm

keepadelaidealive wrote:I love the look of this development. Surprised it got through the adelaide city council. I wrote about it on my blog.

http://www.keepadelaidealive.com/engine ... velopment/
Congratulation on your website. I applaud citizens with the passion for helping our city prosper! However that Harold person should be given a one way ticket to Tasmania. Negative, mouldy opinions from the past are no longer valid. People like him, who incidentaly are about to die, should not ruin the future for us, to put it bluntly.

johnd
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#80 Post by johnd » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:56 pm

UGLY, looks like something from an Eastern Block country, out of the 1960’s!

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#81 Post by skyliner » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:21 pm

A llttle on the bland side - reminds me of Gold Coast architecture actually - stacks of this style of apartments there. I can cope with it - could be a lot worse - like the old phone exchange block on - Waymouth St??? Now THAT is ugly!

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Ho Really

#82 Post by Ho Really » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:01 am

skyliner wrote:...could be a lot worse - like the old phone exchange block on - Waymouth St??? Now THAT is ugly!
The exchange was designed that way to serve a purpose. You really can't use that as a comparison. :wink:
johnd wrote:UGLY, looks like something from an Eastern Block country, out of the 1960’s!
LOL...isn't Pruszinski's origin from an eastern-block country? Poland? Hey, no offense to the architects, I don't find it impressive, but that could be due to the money available. As said, it is better than some other residential devs and it's getting built and not still on a drawing board.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

tybalt
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM]

#83 Post by tybalt » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 am

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html
$150m city hotel complex for city
Article from: The Advertiser

RHIANNON HOYLE, REAL ESTATE EDITOR

October 04, 2007 02:15am

AFTER years of hunting for the perfect site operators of the Crowne Plaza chain finally are bringing their international brand to Adelaide.

The global company, InterContinental Hotels Group, has secured the contract for a new, luxury hotel on the old Wallis cinema city site, overlooking Hindmarsh Square.

The hotel will be part of a $150 million multi-use development, including an adjoining apartment complex, being developed by the Hines Property Group.

The 15-storey, 314-room hotel, to be known as the Crowne Plaza Adelaide, will enter the network of what are among the fastest-growing upmarket hotel brands.

There are 14 Crowne Plaza hotels in Australia, more than 280 globally and more than 70 in the pipeline.

Chief operating officer for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific, Keith Barr, said the group was excited to have secured the Adelaide contract. "We have been looking for years to find the perfect site in Adelaide and we believe this is it," he said.

"There is a real need for an increase in quality accommodation in Adelaide since the demand for four to five-star hotel rooms regularly exceeds the available supply. Adelaide's appeal as a destination for business and recreation makes it an attractive location for the Crowne Plaza brand, which we've dedicated to catering specifically to business travellers, professional meetings as well weekend leisure."

Hines Property director, James Hines, said the group last month received planning approval for the complex, which would provide a "much-needed boost" to the availability of upmarket accommodation in Adelaide.

"Crowne Plaza Adelaide will be superbly positioned to quickly capture market share, taking advantage of its absolute frontage to Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide's buoyant economic conditions and IHG's expertise and reputation as one of the world's leading hotel operators," he said.

As well as 314 rooms, the hotel will offer meeting and event space on the top floor and restaurants, a bar, business centre, swimming pool and fitness club.

Work starts on site this year and the project is due for completion in late 2009.
Hopefully their design will be an improvement on the existing renders...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#84 Post by Ben » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:36 am

Work will start this year? That's great news. Means all three Hindmarsh Square projects will be on the go at once.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#85 Post by Howie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:32 pm

James Hines has just given us a headsup... their website has been updated with the Hotel component.
http://www.hinesproperty.com.au/hotel-20hindmarsh.htm

No new renders, just a little information.

Thanks James.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#86 Post by Pistol » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:33 pm

Signage up on site now - plus I noticed a cherry picker on site last week taking photos of Adelaide's lovely vistas for promotional material. So for all those that registered their interest (like me) expect info soon.

Edit: Just got a brief letter today with some info on the upcoming release of the apartments.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

skyliner

#87 Post by skyliner » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:51 pm

Pistol78 - be real interested in anything you have on the apartments - especially vistas, selling prices, sizes etc.

Top newsabout Crowne Plaza - I'd expect a better external render/design to occur in the near future - onr that does more justice to Crowne Plaza. :D :D :D

Possibly 5 cranes in Hindmarsh Sq. in the near future?1?! It's all happening! :D :D

Jack.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#88 Post by Pistol » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Here is a shot I took from my apartment building which is right next door to this development:
This is the type of view you would have from the 5th floor of the apartments. If you go onto the projects website, you will see my other shot I took overlooking Hindmarsh Sq.
Don't know the prices but expect apartments to be cheaper than COH.
When this was first released there were plans showing the apartment floorplans. From what I saw, 1 bedroom apts were between 65 - 80sq. m and 2 bedroom were between 90 and 110sq. m.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#89 Post by Cruise » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:14 am

Price?

It better be cheaper then damn spire...

skyliner

#90 Post by skyliner » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:09 pm

I note that the Crowne Plaza costs are up $10M from original costs at the start of this thread!(9/7/07) Interesting to see developments here.

Pistol78 - excellent photo - much like I had encvisaged :D :D :D I want to invest in that apartment building as soon as I know more on prices and options available. Prices are rising rapidly and will continue to do so - fueled by SA resources - oil the latest I see! Not at all surprised at Spire prices - much cheaper than in Brisbane (so far) and you get more for your money.

Jack.