[U/C] 88 O'Connell Street | 63m | 13, 13 and 15 Levels | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
EBG
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: Former LeCornu Redevelopment | Mixed Use

#946 Post by EBG » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:52 pm

As I have numerous times over the years " could some one send me a wake up email when there is a tower crane on site".

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#947 Post by Norman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:05 pm

I wonder if the move will go the same way as his property developments.

He'll promise to leave for Queensland, but then go to Melbourne instead, claiming that the SA government and Adelaide City Council are stopping him from buying a ticket to Queensland.

He then proposes to create his own airline... but months later he is still here in SA, wanting government incentives to travel to Sydney in order for him to move to Brisbane.

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#948 Post by Spurdo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:10 pm

I hope these "exciting new plans" are that he's gonna sell the land to someone who will actually f*****g build something instead of twiddling their thumbs for about 8 or 10 years.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#949 Post by pushbutton » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:44 pm

I wonder if the Keswick LeCornu site will have similar decades of inaction before it's redeveloped.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

bits
Legendary Member!

#950 Post by bits » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:08 am

I remember an interview Mr Makris had with 5AA maybe 18 months ago about this site and the proposed plans.
Leon asked why South Australians should believe him that this would actually happen because of how many times he had promised progress and nothing delivered. The reply was that this was certain to happen.
It was brushed off as how foolish South Australians must be to doubt him and his plans.
And here we are now, with the owner bagging SA after he yet again promises and yet again fails to deliver. The guys word is totally useless, where is the pride?

I am glad he wants to take his business to Queensland. Let it be their problem to have high profile sites undeveloped for decades.
They can listen to his false promises.
Some respect is given for the wealth he has gained but I can't tolerate being lied to repeatedly, especially when the liar attempts to claim their lying is my fault.

A society is better off without compulsive liars. SA is better off without this developer.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#951 Post by rev » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:55 am

bits wrote:I remember an interview Mr Makris had with 5AA maybe 18 months ago about this site and the proposed plans.
Leon asked why South Australians should believe him that this would actually happen because of how many times he had promised progress and nothing delivered. The reply was that this was certain to happen.
It was brushed off as how foolish South Australians must be to doubt him and his plans.
And here we are now, with the owner bagging SA after he yet again promises and yet again fails to deliver. The guys word is totally useless, where is the pride?

I am glad he wants to take his business to Queensland. Let it be their problem to have high profile sites undeveloped for decades.
They can listen to his false promises.
Some respect is given for the wealth he has gained but I can't tolerate being lied to repeatedly, especially when the liar attempts to claim their lying is my fault.

A society is better off without compulsive liars. SA is better off without this developer.
Speaking of compulsive lying, care to quote his exact comments when/where he said it was your fault?
I like how you've taken one site, and turned it into a multiple. But then you are a south australian pissant, so what more should be expected. Dealing in facts? too hard.

What happens to the former Lecornu site has no impact on your daily life.
But as you can see from the post quoted above, he's behaving as if he's personally been affected. As if Makris and his company have done some great personal injustice to Bits.

The man has even told you why he is taking his business to SA.
He him self is going to remain living in Adelaide. Again, you might not like the man, but if you are going to accuse someone of lying, at least get what they said/are doing right. And if you don't know why he's taking his time on that site you really should just stop talking about it. It's something he's mentioned before, it's no secret.

And you would be glad the states wealthiest person is taking their business interstate, you are a typical pissant south australian. The sort of person in this state who complains about everything, who thinks they are an expert on everything, and are the reason why this state is in such a shit piss poor position compared to other states. The sort of south australian who accepts the mediocrity and often below average shit we get served in this state.

In reality it would be better if Makris kept his business here in South Australia, and pissants like you left the state.
Maybe we can do a population exchange with the eastern states, the bright ones who left because they couldn't take it anymore, for the pissants like you.

bits
Legendary Member!

#952 Post by bits » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Nice to see a return of personal attacks against users of this forum from you again rev.
Next I am sure you will be back to threatening to run people over and that their death would be their fault.

Mr Makris said South Australians are to blame for why he has failed to develop this site. I am a South Australian so I take that as an attack on myself, my family, my friends, my neighbours and well all South Australians.

It is laughable to be accused of complaining about everything from you rev. Maybe you should check how many times you actually post anything positive here.

Calm down. Maybe you need a break from the internet for a while because your rants and rambles do not appear like you are enjoying using this forum or life in general.
Unless you being a troll is what you enjoy.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#953 Post by Norman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U6eR1RyDOg

This video is from ~2010

Six years ago he said he isn't doing it for the profit, he's doing it for the love. Six years ago he said it will be finished with 3 years. And now? He promises again to propose or announce something new.

The best thing Makris can do is sell this land to a committed developer or give it back to the council/government.

YellowRoad
Gold-Member ;)

#954 Post by YellowRoad » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:55 pm

Have the current approvals lapsed or were they granted an extension?

Hopefully 'exciting new plans' aren't a watered down version of the current approvals, which were quite impressive from memory.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#955 Post by rev » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:23 am

bits wrote:Nice to see a return of personal attacks against users of this forum from you again rev.
Next I am sure you will be back to threatening to run people over and that their death would be their fault.

Mr Makris said South Australians are to blame for why he has failed to develop this site. I am a South Australian so I take that as an attack on myself, my family, my friends, my neighbours and well all South Australians.

It is laughable to be accused of complaining about everything from you rev. Maybe you should check how many times you actually post anything positive here.

Calm down. Maybe you need a break from the internet for a while because your rants and rambles do not appear like you are enjoying using this forum or life in general.
Unless you being a troll is what you enjoy.
What's upset you, that I called you a pissant south australian, or that I said it would be better if you left and the states wealthiest citizen stayed?

So it's ok for you to throw around insults and slander a private citizen, because you think he should spend his money, or take a loan from a bank, to build something on a site that you think should be developed?
Why don't you go get a loan from the bank, and buy the site off him and develop it your self then if you feel so strongly about what a private citizen does with his land/property?

But as soon as someone calls you out on that, oh no personal insults.

And if you don't want to get run over, stay in the marked bike lane out of the way of motor vehicles. Thanks from bringing that up, it's almost that time of year again when every pissant in lycra who thinks they are in the tour down under shaves their legs, pulls on the lycra suit, greases up their stupid bike chains, and starts riding down the middle of main roads. I think I'm going to install one of those big redneck bullbars on the ute for January specifically, to protect my vehicle from being damaged by cyclists.

BTW, what's your take on Datong and all their failed/non-start developments? Whaaaaat...no strong opinion about them, because there's no media attention on them, no North Adelaide residents/councilors moaning about them..?

bits
Legendary Member!

#956 Post by bits » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:40 am

rev wrote: What's upset you, that I called you a pissant south australian, or that I said it would be better if you left and the states wealthiest citizen stayed?
Pissant.
rev wrote: So it's ok for you to throw around insults and slander a private citizen, because you think he should spend his money, or take a loan from a bank, to build something on a site that you think should be developed?
Why don't you go get a loan from the bank, and buy the site off him and develop it your self then if you feel so strongly about what a private citizen does with his land/property?
I was dealing in fact that Mr Markis has numerous times said he would build, but then does not.
I only care that a citizen does what they repeatedly promise they would do.
If he promised the building in the privacy of his dinning room then only those that attended would have been lied to.
I never announced via public media I would develop the site, why should it be my burden?
I don't care if he promised to build a tin shed on the site and then went and built it.
rev wrote: But as soon as someone calls you out on that, oh no personal insults.
Calls me out? You haven't made a coherent point yet.
All you did was insult me by calling me a pissant South Australian. Then you also accused me and people like me for everything wrong in SA.
Then something about trading me for people that already chose to leave the state.
rev wrote: BTW, what's your take on Datong and all their failed/non-start developments? Whaaaaat...no strong opinion about them, because there's no media attention on them, no North Adelaide residents/councilors moaning about them..?
Yea no idea. Never seen them repeatedly in media telling me how much I should be happy they are definately developing a site.
Might be their choice to stay out of the media or the sites are not as noteworthy or they are not Mr Makris wealthy.

Others than the broken promises of developing the site I have no other issues with Mr Makris.
I know very little about him other than the fact he has repeatedly announced to the public he will build on the site, but then does not.
I am part of the public, so I feel have been lied to.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#957 Post by how good is he » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:23 pm

I believe (and think Makris has said) it will (finally) start in 2017. I think the approval may lapse after 2017 also. I also think the Sheraton has a completion date of 3Q 2019 to start operation. Also it adds up that he is conducting a few big asset sales and it would be to finance this.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#958 Post by citywatcher » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Was responsible for the demise of the old West Adelaide NSL side also. Promised this promised that . Bought 51 % of the club and handed the bills to the committee.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#959 Post by Brando » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:55 am

I heard him talking to Leon on AA and his attitude towards this development was pretty arrogant. He repeated a number of times that he will start ' when he's ready'..

By the sounds of it, we can expect another revised plan, as he stated apartments don't sell in Adelaide ( more like his apartments ). No mention of the Hotel component, I was only able to hear bits of the interview though.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#960 Post by monotonehell » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Message to all; remember to please refrain from personal attacks. Whether that be members of this forum or people out in the real world.

By all means politely point out peoples' hypocrisy etc, but play the ball, not the man.

Private conversations have been had with the relevant parties. If they wish to retract any comments they may have made, then good. In this case I'm not going to censor any posts. You all know what you did.

Eat a Snicker's and let's get back to civil discourse. :wink:
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.