[COM] Spark 88 | 47m | 15lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#31 Post by Adelarch » Wed May 03, 2006 8:31 pm

Pants wrote:So you actually like this thing, or is your point still that not every new development has to be a work of art?
well based on that render I actually dont mind it all that much compared to a bagful of other buildings in the city. But obviously its a bit hard to make an accurate assessement from an old, low-res render which is why I'm defaulting to 'something's getting built' enthusiasm for the project

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#32 Post by Will » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:13 pm

Unfortunately it appears as though this project will join, The Pinnacle, Latitude and Globe Apartments on the pile of 'never builts'.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#33 Post by AtD » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:40 am

Will: Is that based just on the lack of action by the developer or is there something else? I wonder what could have caused the development to stop, since all the apartments had already been sold.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#34 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:05 am

I'm glad this project has been axed, It looked like the remand centre

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#35 Post by Will » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:44 am

AtD wrote:Will: Is that based just on the lack of action by the developer or is there something else? I wonder what could have caused the development to stop, since all the apartments had already been sold.
My intrigue began when I was looking through the capital city committee website and the state government major projects website, which had both withdrawn this project from their lists. I was intrigued so I sent an e-mail to the relevant person at council, and the response received indicates that the project has been cancelled. Another interesting fact to note was that the building should have been opened early next year.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#36 Post by Snorkie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:21 pm

I was intrigued so I sent an e-mail to the relevant person at council, and the response received indicates that the project has been cancelled. Another interesting fact to note was that the building should have been opened early next year.
That doesnt mean its definatelly cancelled though if you didnt get a concrete answer, may have just been put back a bit for reasons unknown. Bit of a pity though I think cause we need a few more low-moderate income apartments to come onto the market as all the new ones that are on the market are pretty expensive and not too many people can afford 1 bedroom apartments for 400 grand plus.

Robbie
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Octagon Apartments Proposed

#37 Post by Robbie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:46 am

Hey Guys

I work in the EDS building on North Terrace, next to Victoria Street. Just had work from building management that the South end of Victoria Street, Hindley Street will be blocked off next month and re opened in 2009. This is to make way for demolition of old Empire Building on Hindley Street. Will be interesting to see this go finally as it is an eyesore in this part of the city.. I thought the Octagon Apartments had been scrapped? The Adelaide City Council has just sent us an official notice.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#38 Post by Howie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 am

Thanks for the headsup Robert! Octagon apartments had been scrapped as far as i know. Haven't seen any plans for a new development there, perhaps if we trawl through the dap's on the acc site we might find something on this demolition.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Octagon Apartments Proposed

#39 Post by Algernon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:47 am

ROBERTKERRISON wrote:Hey Guys

I work in the EDS building on North Terrace, next to Victoria Street. Just had work from building management that the South end of Victoria Street, Hindley Street will be blocked off next month and re opened in 2009. This is to make way for demolition of old Empire Building on Hindley Street. Will be interesting to see this go finally as it is an eyesore in this part of the city.. I thought the Octagon Apartments had been scrapped? The Adelaide City Council has just sent us an official notice.
It never made sense that this development be scrapped - student housing is an extremely strong sector at the moment.

Good to see that this disappointing development is going ahead.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: Octagon Apartments Proposed

#40 Post by rogue » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:14 pm

ROBERTKERRISON wrote:Hey Guys

I work in the EDS Building as well and have seen the same notice.

Nice to finally rid Adelaide of this hideous building.....

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#41 Post by crawf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:35 pm

anyone got any pics of this building??

Mr F
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] octagon

#42 Post by Mr F » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:33 am

Hi Guys. First post :D . Great site by the way.

Octagon apartments are definitely going ahead. Built Environs signed the building contract contract at the end of last year.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#43 Post by Howie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks for that bit of info buddy. Bit of a ruckus about it in the Advertiser today too.

Btw, warm welcome to the site.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#44 Post by Adelarch » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:49 pm

website...but no renders!

http://www.octagon88.com.au/about.php

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]