News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitan Developments

#1066 Post by PeFe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 am

From the 'Tiser
Nine-storey apartment block proposed for Greenhill Rd, Parkside

The proposed One on the Park development at Parkside beside state heritage-listed Carramar House.
Dan Jervis-Bardy
The Advertiser

A NINE-storey apartment block would tower over a restored historic mansion under a $45 million plan to transform a prime piece of Parkside land.
Aeustus Pty Ltd on Monday will submit plans to the Development Assessment Commission (DAC) for a 58-house development behind the state heritage-listed Carramar House, at the corner of Greenhill Rd and George St.
The proposed nine-storey tower — to be known as One on the Park — would be the second tallest building on Greenhill Rd, behind the nearby 13-storey Air Apartments.
It would be the first high-rise development since Unley Council raised height limits along the corridor in 2013.
The development — to be known as One on the Park — would include 53 two and three-bedroom apartments and five townhouses.
A 85-space carpark would be built under the 4170sqm site, which would also include gardens, a cafe and offices.
Tritan Corporation director Greg Molfetas, who is managing the project on behalf of Aeustus Pty Ltd, was confident the development would attract a range of buyers.
“With the closeness of this site to the city and to Hutt St and the diverse mix of housing and offices … I think this will be very successful,” Mr Molfestas said.
Carramar House, which fronts Greenhill Rd to the north of the development site, would be restored for use as commercial offices, under the plan.

The two-storey mansion was built in 1847 and used as private residence until the 1950s, when the estate was converted to a public hospital and later a mental health clinic.
Aeustus Pty Ltd bought the site from SA Health last November for $3.1 million.
Mr Molfetas said work would start in July next year and be completed close to the end of 2019, subject to DAC approval.

Full Article : http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 3b9745321e

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1067 Post by SRW » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:53 am

PeFe wrote:From the 'Tiser
Nine-storey apartment block proposed for Greenhill Rd, Parkside

The proposed One on the Park development at Parkside beside state heritage-listed Carramar House.
Dan Jervis-Bardy
The Advertiser

A NINE-storey apartment block would tower over a restored historic mansion under a $45 million plan to transform a prime piece of Parkside land.
Aeustus Pty Ltd on Monday will submit plans to the Development Assessment Commission (DAC) for a 58-house development behind the state heritage-listed Carramar House, at the corner of Greenhill Rd and George St.
The proposed nine-storey tower — to be known as One on the Park — would be the second tallest building on Greenhill Rd, behind the nearby 13-storey Air Apartments.
It would be the first high-rise development since Unley Council raised height limits along the corridor in 2013.
The development — to be known as One on the Park — would include 53 two and three-bedroom apartments and five townhouses.
A 85-space carpark would be built under the 4170sqm site, which would also include gardens, a cafe and offices.
Tritan Corporation director Greg Molfetas, who is managing the project on behalf of Aeustus Pty Ltd, was confident the development would attract a range of buyers.
“With the closeness of this site to the city and to Hutt St and the diverse mix of housing and offices … I think this will be very successful,” Mr Molfestas said.
Carramar House, which fronts Greenhill Rd to the north of the development site, would be restored for use as commercial offices, under the plan.

The two-storey mansion was built in 1847 and used as private residence until the 1950s, when the estate was converted to a public hospital and later a mental health clinic.
Aeustus Pty Ltd bought the site from SA Health last November for $3.1 million.
Mr Molfetas said work would start in July next year and be completed close to the end of 2019, subject to DAC approval.

Full Article : http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 3b9745321e
I used to live a few houses behind this and always loathed how the property was neglected. It's pleasing to see now that both handsome old mansions at either end of Hutt Road (i.e. August Towers) will be restored and find new use as host to parklands-adjacent apartments. From recollection, the site has already been cleared so hopefully once sales take off construction won't be far behind.

I'm intrigued by the sale of the housing trust site down the road and the fact that the old Tiffins on the Park next door remains closed. These are pretty massive blocks for the area and could be developed to similar densities.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Waewick

#1068 Post by Waewick » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am

I used to live close by and completely agree with you SRW.

I often walked apst those housing trust homes and wished I could work out a way to get my hands on them, would make a great development site.

PeFe

#1069 Post by PeFe » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 am

From Urban Developer
Music Promoter-Turned-Developer Bob Angus Launches $42.4m Adelaide Project

Award-winning South Australian-based developer, Monopoly Property Group (MPG) will officially turn the first sod this week, signalling the launch of the $42.4 million Angus Estate in Mansfield Park, set to create more than 200 jobs.

The estate is named after MPG’s non-executive chairman – Bob Angus – who has spent a lifetime in the entertainment industry, as a highly successful music, concert and stadium promoter.

He founded Metropolis Music in 1985 and is recognised as one of the UK’s leading independent concert promoters. Bob is the founder, Director and shareholder of V Festival which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. He promotes over five hundred concerts a year in clubs, ballrooms, city halls, arenas, and stadiums across the UK.

The new Adelaide development will create almost 100 new allotments of prime real-estate in what has been rated as Australia’s most affordable investment suburb for 2016.

“Angus Estate is a premier location for those wanting to live close to the city whilst still enjoying a suburban lifestyle,” said MPG Executive Chairman and Founder Ben Howard.

“Located a mere 9 kilometres north-west of the Adelaide CBD, residents will have the very best amenities at their fingertips, including parks, playgrounds, shopping facilities and public transport.”

Picturesque tree-lined streets and an almost 5,000 sqm landscaped reserve lie at the heart of the community-minded development.

Full article :
https://www.theurbandeveloper.com/music ... e-project/

duke
High Rise Poster!

Re: Infill Developments | Metropolitan Adelaide

#1070 Post by duke » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:41 pm

I am looking for land, and I was quite surprised to find that parts of Redwood Park, Ridgehaven and most of Banksia park, have no sewage.
They are on septic tanks.
Does anyone know how this occurred that a suburb ended up on septic tanks?
I also wonder what this means for the long term redevelopment of this area. When talking to the council they said there are lots of extra things that need to be taken into account.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#1071 Post by eKwatee » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:53 pm

duke wrote:I am looking for land, and I was quite surprised to find that parts of Redwood Park, Ridgehaven and most of Banksia park, have no sewage.
They are on septic tanks.
Does anyone know how this occurred that a suburb ended up on septic tanks?
I also wonder what this means for the long term redevelopment of this area. When talking to the council they said there are lots of extra things that need to be taken into account.
Every time a new allotment is created, a new septic tank is added in. The Council does operate a Common Waste Management System for the area's that don't have mains sewer.

rhino

#1072 Post by rhino » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:20 am

I live in a new estate in Nairne and we all have septic tanks. It takes some of the pressure off Council, and puts the onus on the landowner. Having moved from a block out in the farms, I'm used to it so I don't have an issue, until a neighbour uses Domestos to clean their toilet and it ends up in the septic tank and kills all the microbes and their tank starts to stink!
cheers,
Rhino

rhino

#1073 Post by rhino » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 am

Glenside Hospital land sold for $25.8m to developer
Land surrounding Adelaide's Glenside Hospital site close to the CBD has been sold to a property developer for $25.8 million.

The South Australian Government said it accepted the offer from Cedar Woods Properties Limited for the 16.5 hectare site south-east of Adelaide.

The company was selected as the preferred developer last year after it submitted its plan for about 1,000 homes and five hectares of open space on the site.

Minister for Housing and Urban Development Stephen Mullighan said in a statement the land sale would help pay for a new mental health facility on the site.

The development project is expected to create 450 full-time construction jobs over the 10-year construction period.

The statement said all heritage buildings would be retained and work on the site could begin as early as October subject to approvals.

Mr Mullighan said the master plan offered a balance of "affordable homes" and "plenty of open space" close to the city.

"The plans for Glenside take into account the range of views expressed in the extensive community consultation, which highlighted the importance of retaining significant trees and open space, providing recreational trees and preserving magnificent heritage buildings," he said.

Cedar Woods director Patrick Archer said the site was just two kilometres south-east of the CBD.

"The project will comprise a mix of apartment and townhouses deliver in stages over an eight to 10-year period," he said.

Residents have previously raised fears the project will cause traffic congestion and damage the area's heritage character.
cheers,
Rhino

Patrick_27

#1074 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 am

rhino wrote:Glenside Hospital land sold for $25.8m to developer
Land surrounding Adelaide's Glenside Hospital site close to the CBD has been sold to a property developer for $25.8 million.

The South Australian Government said it accepted the offer from Cedar Woods Properties Limited for the 16.5 hectare site south-east of Adelaide.

The company was selected as the preferred developer last year after it submitted its plan for about 1,000 homes and five hectares of open space on the site.

Minister for Housing and Urban Development Stephen Mullighan said in a statement the land sale would help pay for a new mental health facility on the site.

The development project is expected to create 450 full-time construction jobs over the 10-year construction period.

The statement said all heritage buildings would be retained and work on the site could begin as early as October subject to approvals.

Mr Mullighan said the master plan offered a balance of "affordable homes" and "plenty of open space" close to the city.

"The plans for Glenside take into account the range of views expressed in the extensive community consultation, which highlighted the importance of retaining significant trees and open space, providing recreational trees and preserving magnificent heritage buildings," he said.

Cedar Woods director Patrick Archer said the site was just two kilometres south-east of the CBD.

"The project will comprise a mix of apartment and townhouses deliver in stages over an eight to 10-year period," he said.

Residents have previously raised fears the project will cause traffic congestion and damage the area's heritage character.
I was skeptical of this land sale, but this is a great outcome. Heritage buildings retained, retention of five hectares of the 16 hectare site. I hope that the planning for the site evaluates where the most significant trees are and allocates those area for open space, would certainly help keep the those who might oppose this on-side.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1075 Post by crawf » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm

This kinda relates more to the Bowden Village thread, though there is plans for a 4-storey apartment complex on West Street, Brompton (adjustant the Outer Harbor line) replacing two Housing Trust cottages.

The sign out the front shows already 65% sold.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1076 Post by crawf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Diplomat Apartments in Collingswood will now be 7 levels. Construction is expected within the next 12 months
Height and location of planned apartment block angers some Collinswood residents
http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 63557dd57a

COLLINSWOOD residents have lost their battle to deny a developer an extra storey on a soon to be built apartment building along North East Rd.
Prospect’s Development Assessment Panel met last week and approved Lucy Homes’ application to build an extra storey on its planned $32 million project at 75 North East Rd.

The amended plan will take the number of levels to seven and drop the number of three-bedroom apartments from 10 to two.

The amended plan will increase two-bedroom apartments from 28 to 54.

There will be six one-bedroom apartments added, taking the total from 38 to 62.

The panel received 16 deputations opposing the extra storey be added, most concerned with parking congestion resulting from extra dwellings.

Despite a rise of 24 units, the revised plans only increase parking from 80 to 92 spaces.

Rosetta St resident Linda Tu wrote in her deputation that the effects of a parking shortage “would be obvious”.

“There is already a shortage and problem with existing street parking on Rosetta St,” Ms Tu wrote.”

Work is required to begin in the next 12 months, under the approval’s conditions.

Originally published as Apartment building’s extension tall order for residents
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 4711 times

Blimp
High Rise Poster!

#1077 Post by Blimp » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:41 pm

I was wondering what happened to that one. Will be good to see some greater densities along NE road, and this is a good location to start with.

Waewick

#1078 Post by Waewick » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
rhino wrote:Glenside Hospital land sold for $25.8m to developer

I was skeptical of this land sale, but this is a great outcome. Heritage buildings retained, retention of five hectares of the 16 hectare site. I hope that the planning for the site evaluates where the most significant trees are and allocates those area for open space, would certainly help keep the those who might oppose this on-side.
I'm not impressed at all.

A heap more people onto a road and nearby intersection that is already congested.

There should have been an up front plan for a tram funded in part by proceeds of the development.

Typical short sighted cash grab.

PeFe

#1079 Post by PeFe » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:13 pm

A combo office block/apartment development in Rose Park.
Offices with penthouses on top. I think its first type of this sort of development in the 'burbs.
It’s ready, set, go for this luxury, multi-level development planned for Adelaide’s east

CONSTRUCTION of the tallest development to be built in the Burnside district for more than 40 years will start next month.
The six-storey building will include four levels of office space and two, four-bedroom penthouse apartments at the corner of Fullarton Rd and Swaine Ave, Rose Park.
Developer Medallion Homes, which owns the block, and Thomas Foods will be the site’s two tenants.
The development will be the tallest to go up in the area in 40 years.
The development will be the tallest to go up in the area in 40 years.Source:Supplied
The $12 million project is the first mid-rise development on Fullarton Rd since the State Government raised height limits to allow buildings of up to nine storeys along the corridor in 2013.
Full article : http://www.news.com.au/national/south-a ... 5302acb7e0

Blimp
High Rise Poster!

#1080 Post by Blimp » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Not sure if this has been shared previously, but there is a retirement living development taking near the start of the SE freeway (top off Cross Road) that when complete will be around the 4/5 storeys. Appears site works are underway and there's been workers on site daily.

Those interested can see more here: http://www.carmelite.com.au/