News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
dingies1985
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:32 am
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#946 Post by dingies1985 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:24 pm

PeFe wrote:
TorrensSA wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:17 pm
What suburb is Fletchers Slip in? Google Maps shows it as being in New Port. The name New Port has a bad stigma from the last development. Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Well the website says "nestled between Port Adelaide and Semaphore".....why don't they be brave and just say "Port Adelaide". There is no longer the the 1950's-70's stigma there...you know run-down crime infested slaughter house pubs Port Adelaide......in fact i would say younger people would now associate the Port with a bit of "old world cool".
Are they going to link into Glanville train station at all, the last development failed on that point, right next to Ethelton Station and the station is hidden.
Oh my God where do you think you live?...Sydney?!!!

Of course not this is Adelaide, where the car is king, and public transport is hidden in the backstreets and kept as rundown as possible.....
Yeah Adelaide is being let down for sure. It's ironic that Adelaide wanted to be a green city or whatever it was, yet the public transport system is way behind other states. I am still waiting for the Gawler electrification. Sucks going to the footy, on an old,mouldy, train. What a let down, lost count how many years ago it was proposed. It really lets the state down. At least there are a few new tram extensions/obarn lines. The city loop is what we really needed, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 458 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#947 Post by SBD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 am

PeFe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Well the website says "nestled between Port Adelaide and Semaphore".....why don't they be brave and just say "Port Adelaide". There is no longer the the 1950's-70's stigma there...you know run-down crime infested slaughter house pubs Port Adelaide......in fact i would say younger people would now associate the Port with a bit of "old world cool".
They don't just say "Port Adelaide" because Fletcher's Slip is not in Port Adelaide, it's in New Port. If they say "New Port", it will stick, but if they stay with "Fletcher's Slip between Port Adelaide and Semaphore", then once there are a few houses there, they can push to have it declared a new suburb of Fletcher Slip (or something).

The housing estate of "Eyre at Penfield" become the suburb of Eyre once it had some houses built, Lightsview got created from parts of Northgate, Greenacres and Northfield, etc.

User avatar
PeFe
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#948 Post by PeFe » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Fletcher's Slip, New Port.......we can have a new suburb every 300 metres......thanks to developers not happy with the name of the area they are working in.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#949 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 pm

The roads and laneways at Dock One will carry the names of the ports of call of the former Orient Line steamer, which ferried goods and passengers between England and Australia from 1879 - 1909. The historical relevance includes that Dock One runs off Ocean Steamers Road!

The first road, Albany Lane, is already built. Look out for other port names as the development progresses...
https://www.facebook.com/dockone.portadelaide/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#950 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 am

Two-in-one puts Port Adelaide into $1m club
An edgy Port Adelaide townhouse has become the suburb’s first residential sale to achieve a price above $1 million and experts predict more big sales are on the horizon.

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/port ... ouse-sale/
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#951 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:22 am

https://www.facebook.com/PAHIST1/photos ... 811287251/
We note that there has been a development application lodged for the "Vacant land" on McLaren Parade Port Adelaide. A 19 Million dollar proposal by the Kystepher Nominees Pty Ltd, "Construction of a 6 Storey Accommodation Building with Restaurant/Bar, Retail and Car parking with a Porte Cochere - McLaren Wharf Hotel (040/L074/20)" We will follow this with interest.
Attachments
87279594_1522040817953917_1929748532877590528_o.jpg
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 368 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#952 Post by SRW » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:18 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:22 am
https://www.facebook.com/PAHIST1/photos ... 811287251/
We note that there has been a development application lodged for the "Vacant land" on McLaren Parade Port Adelaide. A 19 Million dollar proposal by the Kystepher Nominees Pty Ltd, "Construction of a 6 Storey Accommodation Building with Restaurant/Bar, Retail and Car parking with a Porte Cochere - McLaren Wharf Hotel (040/L074/20)" We will follow this with interest.
Developers website with more images. Looks good:
https://ckpropertygroup.com.au/project ... ide-hotel/
Keep Adelaide Weird

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#953 Post by how good is he » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:01 pm

Their investment in Pt Adelaide & to finally develop this site will be most welcome. It looks like they have the capacity & experience to deliver. My only gripe is why are there are no balconies (or possibly even opening windows) for a new hotel, esp. as rooms will face the water?

User avatar
PeFe
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1131
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#954 Post by PeFe » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:16 pm

So is the hotel to be built where the Port Adelaide markets are? (Or where.....are they still going?)

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 736 times
Been thanked: 368 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#955 Post by SRW » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

PeFe wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:16 pm
So is the hotel to be built where the Port Adelaide markets are? (Or where.....are they still going?)
This is for the long-vacant block the opposite side of Lighthouse Square from the Fisherman's Wharf markets.

Although, at least a third of Fisherman's Wharf shed is planned to make way for retirement apartments, so what happens to the markets remains to be seen.
Keep Adelaide Weird

User avatar
gnrc_louis
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Grange
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#956 Post by gnrc_louis » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:40 pm

SRW wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm
PeFe wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:16 pm
So is the hotel to be built where the Port Adelaide markets are? (Or where.....are they still going?)
This is for the long-vacant block the opposite side of Lighthouse Square from the Fisherman's Wharf markets.

Although, at least a third of Fisherman's Wharf shed is planned to make way for retirement apartments, so what happens to the markets remains to be seen.
If both these projects go ahead, it would significantly change the waterfront of the Port (in a good way).

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#957 Post by rev » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 pm

While it looks ok, I think it's a mistake. This, and most of the other developments going ahead in the area.
Is there an overall master plan or something, some sort of guide that any of these developers are working to? Or what..?

That last one is right on the water front, it's a prime location on the inner harbour there. As such I think a much more iconic development should go there.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#958 Post by how good is he » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Just to clarify your point, can you give us examples of what you mean with some real life examples of what "much more iconic development should go there." Its great to want/expect better of any new development but realistically what is proposed is far better than what is there now or has been on any of those sites for the past 50 years.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 838 times
Been thanked: 1617 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#959 Post by Norman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:17 pm

rev wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:31 pm
While it looks ok, I think it's a mistake. This, and most of the other developments going ahead in the area.
Is there an overall master plan or something, some sort of guide that any of these developers are working to? Or what..?

That last one is right on the water front, it's a prime location on the inner harbour there. As such I think a much more iconic development should go there.
They would be following the general Development Plan for Port Adelaide Enfield, there may be a Precinct Plan for the centre of Port Adelaide as well.

User avatar
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: News & Developments: Port Adelaide

#960 Post by rev » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:49 pm

how good is he wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:47 pm
Just to clarify your point, can you give us examples of what you mean with some real life examples of what "much more iconic development should go there." Its great to want/expect better of any new development but realistically what is proposed is far better than what is there now or has been on any of those sites for the past 50 years.
I wish people in this state would drop the something is better then nothing mentality.

What's remarkable or stand out about any of the developments in the area?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests