News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Mawson Lakes - Not just another suburb

#151 Post by crawf » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Impressive :D

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#152 Post by jk1237 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Mawson Lakes photo update. I rode out there yesterday on the old Levels-city bikeway. 1st of all that building shown above is already half constructed.
Im completely blown away by all this. There are still another dozen sites earmarked for more med density housing

Below: not an illusion, those balcony pole structures do curve inwards in the middle, how cool

looks like another storey to go

these are finished and lived in
Last edited by jk1237 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#153 Post by jk1237 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 pm

there were quite a few people out and about, new shops and all, and its prob only 30% complete. I did cheat and put me and the bike on the train back to city. Atleast 20 people waiting for train to city at around 12:30pm. They have also built a gravel overflow carpark for train commuters and guess what, that was totally full also. Not 1 window on train was see-thru. I cant wait to see what its like in 5 years time.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#154 Post by Xaragmata » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:53 pm

jk1237 wrote:there were quite a few people out and about, new shops and all, and its prob only 30% complete.
I went there on Monday & had a good look around. The crane was on site erecting steelwork for the building by the concrete balls, & there
were people & cars everywhere ... it is a change from the suburban mall developments, with a mix of commercial, retail & resi working
together. The land east of the interchange is for sale, & apparently includes the air rights above the interchange, if needed.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#155 Post by AtD » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:02 pm

jk1237 wrote:They have also built a gravel overflow carpark for train commuters and guess what, that was totally full also.
GOOD! Where is it? I used to park there daily and it was a pain in the ass. A lot of people used to park on an empty lot east of the station, but it was roped off at one stage. After that, you'd need to catch a bus from your car to the train station if you got there after 9.00.

Will409
Legendary Member!

#156 Post by Will409 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 pm

The gravel parking area is on the southern side of the entry road to the interchange area and overlooks Dry Creek.
Image LINK TO YOUTUBE PROFILE.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#157 Post by eKwatee » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi All
Ive watched your posts on this thread with interest as I live and invest in the apartments in Mawson Lakes. They dont only look good they also make for great investments, I've been investing in the apartments from when they started the 3rd apartment complex and they have been performing really well from good rental returns to good bank valautions. They are a brilliant way for young singles/couples to get into the market with a home that has a good quality finish, modern touches but accesable to plenty of facilities etc.... Mawson Lakes Central should be an example for areas which need urban renewel and undergo similar developments escpecially areas close to large suburban retail outlets..... I know a developer is trying to build something similar in Golden Grove.

King_Kong
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#158 Post by King_Kong » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:53 pm

If you would like to see the potential developments at the Mawson Central 2- check out the mawson lakes community website and then check out mawson lakes news or Feb 08.

Secondly can any1 tell me please when the second shopping center at the Pominade will begin and are there any pics or plans? as well as the land across from cafe primo.

Finally any news as to whats else is going in at Mawson Central 2?

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#159 Post by bm7500 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:11 pm

King_Kong wrote:If you would like to see the potential developments at the Mawson Central 2- check out the mawson lakes community website and then check out mawson lakes news or Feb 08.

Secondly can any1 tell me please when the second shopping center at the Pominade will begin and are there any pics or plans? as well as the land across from cafe primo.

Finally any news as to whats else is going in at Mawson Central 2?
No plans of the Promenade stage 2 have been released as such as details of the design are still being finalised. It will be designed to compliment stage 1 with mixed, commercial & retail tennancies. Construction is expected to commence later this year.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#160 Post by Brando » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Will wrote:
HMH Tower at 48 Garden Terrace:

http://www.hmhdevelopments.com.au/index.html

Click on above link a have a look at the walk through. Great looking development.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#161 Post by Omicron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 am

Why is it that so many of these apartment blocks look like converted office buildings from the outside? In any case, I must head down that way sometime soon - I'm sure there's something new to look at since I was last there.

I note that bobbing ducks are conspicuous by their absence. This saddens me.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#162 Post by Cruise » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 am

Omicron wrote: I note that bobbing ducks are conspicuous by their absence. This saddens me.
*wipes away a tear*

adelaideguy88
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#163 Post by adelaideguy88 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Omicron wrote:Why is it that so many of these apartment blocks look like converted office buildings from the outside? In any case, I must head down that way sometime soon

LOL, maybe they have been designed to be multi-purpose, so they can be converted to industrial/commercial if nobody moves in.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#164 Post by Wayno » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:01 pm

adelaideguy88 wrote:
Omicron wrote:Why is it that so many of these apartment blocks look like converted office buildings from the outside? In any case, I must head down that way sometime soon
LOL, maybe they have been designed to be multi-purpose, so they can be converted to industrial/commercial if nobody moves in.
Mawson Lakes - Not just another suburb, but potentially an office district too! :lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#165 Post by Brando » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:32 pm

If you go and have a look you will see that all of the multi story apartments buildings are very close to the Mawson Lakes interchange. It makes sense to live there, jump on a train and be in the city within minutes if you don't want to live in the city but still want apartment living. Ground floor shops, mixed with offices, retail, cafe's etc is helping to create a real city feel about it.