News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Mawson Lakes - Not just another suburb

#316 Post by AtD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanking you for the photos, MO. It's good to see how things are progressing.

I don't like the palm trees though... :?

And re: park and ride, no matter how big they make the car park, it'll always be full. I used to park there back when I lived in Adelaide and often I'd be closer to Woolworths than the train station! I don't think it's really worth public money building a multi-story car park though, you typically only get one passenger per day per space from them, not good value for the Transport Department's dollar. Maybe if it were paid parking?

deano91
High Rise Poster!

#317 Post by deano91 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah, perhaps they could do something like the Noarlunga Park'n'Ride, where they charge something like $2 for a whole day of parking. It would be a great way to make some extra money to be able to develop more, and I doubt you would lose too many patrons because $2 for an entire day of parking is really quite cheap!

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#318 Post by Cruise » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:28 pm

King_Kong wrote:Adelaide north i.e Mawson lakes has gone the way of many satelite suburbs around Australia, Secondary CBD's are all over the place these days, such as Paramatta and Liverpool in Sydney, Dandenong in Victoria, Goldcoast and Cains in Qld.

Adelaide is setting its self up with Mawson lakes to have a secondary option to Adelaide CBD to grow business, with the ability to live in a CBD style environment with larger living space and the flexability of medium to high density dwellings.

The second thing Mawson lakes offers that no other standard metropolitan suburb apart from the ones mentioned in other states and Glenelg is the ability to have high rise top quality Hotels. Only Adelaide CBD and Glenelg offer these in Adelaide and now Mawson Lakes can join in with the up and coming completion of the New Quest Apartments, and the New to be started Cascades Hotel.

M/Lakes as us die hard locals call it lol- is deffinatly heading in the right direction for a fully sustainable Multi funtion Polis society (be that you agree with this statement or not - basically it is), combining: work, leasure, environment all under one roof.

And with the future plans for a new subdivision at dry creek and the removal of the salt plans and the creation of the new Northern connector to run off the currently being built northern expressway, Mawson lakes as a suburb will be a force to be reconned with. Watch this space people.
How much is Delfin paying you?

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#319 Post by jk1237 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I just rode out to Mawson Lakes (and got drenched comeing back) for a look. As for the interchange, a gravel overflow carpark was built for commuters about 8 months ago. This temp carpark has now doubled in size and even the newest part is 3 quarters full.

Ok I did cheat, I put my bike on the train from town and let the northerly's blow me back on my bike. The train actually stopped at North Adl, not sure why, no one got on or off.

The proposed TOD site at Islington is completely levelled off and ready for development. Wonder when it will start

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#320 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Some pics of Mawson Central West from last week - a bit wetter than when _MO_ was there:

http://xaragmata.mooo.com/album/adelaid ... _8549.html
Last edited by Xaragmata on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#321 Post by AtD » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks Mr. X.

Xaragmata

#322 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:12 am

The Google Maps street view of Metro Parade at Euston Walk currently is showing a burst water main.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=metro+ ... e&resnum=1

The view has changed quite a bit since this was taken...

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#323 Post by Will » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Another 5 level project for Mawson Lakes:

VIBE
An exciting new apartment development which represents exceptional value. Vibe offers 35 affordable apartments on Dry Creek Linear Park, with only a 2 minute walk to the Transit Interchange. This is an opportunity not to be missed!

skyliner

#324 Post by skyliner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 am

Is'nt that too high due to the proximity of the airport? :wink:

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#325 Post by Will » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm

A few more new developments:

LOT 307 LIGHT COMMON
Centrally located, close to University, shopping precinct, Mawson Lakes Hotel and public transport.

This outstanding development to be completed early-mid 2010.

Office 1 – 182m2
Office 2 - 226m2
Office 3 - 176m2
Office 4 - 243m2
Office 5 - 117m2

Would suit financial institutions seeking high profile site.
Naming rights to building available subject to negotiations.

GRAND CENTRAL MEDICAL CENTRE

Lot 51 Elder Drive MAWSON LAKES SA, 5095
At ground level, six commercial tenancies bring the vision of integrating the best of inner city style living with outstanding commercial opportunities to live. Leasing Now to suit health professionals. Areas are between 81.5m2 to 206m2 and available now to lease off the plan.

Located in Mawson Lakes Central West Precinct and a short distance from Technology Park, University SA, Mawson Central and transport interchange. Home to a growing number of businesses mixing retail and commercial operations in this fast growing community.

Office 1 – 206.00m2
Office 2 – 50.00m2 ) Leased
Office 3 – 169.30m2 ) Leased
Office 4 – 81.50m2
Office 5 – 81.50m2

36 car parks on site + on street parking also available.

Available approx early 2010.

QUEST APARTMENT COMPLEX

Lot 339 Main Street MAWSON LAKES SA, 5095
This property is located on the corner of Main Street & Metro Parade. This location has high exposure to both traffic and public thoroughfare and is close to town centre, shopping precinct and public transport.

Office 1 - 99.44m2
Office 2 - 78.31m2
Office 2A - 157.85m2 (Leased)
Office 3 - 70.74m2
Office 4 - 125.50m2
Office 5 - 111.77m2
Office 6 - 115.66m2
Office 7 - 126.32m2

Available August/September 2009

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#326 Post by joshzxzx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Mawson Lakes is amazing! The amount of development that is occurring there is astonishing.

These developments are great to see, and help to ensure the growth of the region and will ensure many jobs are created. I would be very interested in some taller buildings in the area which will increase the level of density.

Would be great to see 10+ levels being built...
South Australia the Festival State

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#327 Post by Shuz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Height restrictions. Development's capped at 5-6 levels because of close proximity to Parafield Airport and associated flight paths.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#328 Post by Wayno » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:05 pm

While i like the increased density (via height) at Mawson Lakes, i see all these buildings as near-clones, differentiated by a set of fins and/or splashes of bright colour scattered here and there. Sure you need a theme across the suburb, but there's still something missing. Maybe it's because the majority of the buidlings appear as simple cubes with windows, or maybe it's the width of the streets that cancels out the effect of increased height. Maybe it's because the renders look so cheap (as to whether they end up looking cheap in real life is another matter).

Is it just me - or do others feel the same? Sorry for not being able to exactly put my finger on it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#329 Post by AtD » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 pm

That's no different than any other suburb ever built, IMO. The key here is there's density rather than acres of front garden no one uses.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#330 Post by Wayno » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm

AtD wrote:That's no different than any other suburb ever built, IMO. The key here is there's density rather than acres of front garden no one uses.
ok, yep i'll buy that...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.