News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Dvious
Legendary Member!

Re: Mawson Lakes | Developments & News

#586 Post by Dvious » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Wtf is that.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#587 Post by monotonehell » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Dvious wrote:Wtf is that.
Obviously the evil lair of an evil scientist who is plotting evil... evilly.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Crooked
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#588 Post by Crooked » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Crooked wrote:Yes it will be a full range Target, but not specced up with the latest fittings etc like west lakes will be.
Why would they do a better fitout at West Lakes than at Mawson Lakes?
Number of reasons, main one is cost of opening two stores in a short space of time. West Lakes has been in the planning for years whereas Mawson Lakes kind of fell into their hands. Mawson Lakes is potentially a replacement for Hollywood Plaza, they are just waiting for the lease to expire. West Lakes is intended to be what they call a 'flagship' store, much like the ones at Chadstone and Doncaster in Melbourne. They have already started ripping the new fittings out of Pasadena to store for Mawson Lakes.

I have a mate who works at Target who feeds me the info.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#589 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I thought the Pasadena store was either a new store or very recently refurbished. How bizarre for them to be ripping it apart already!

I've seen reports lately that Target are struggling a bit. No wonder if they can't even budget for the same high standard of fitout at every store.

As a customer, I would expect one Target to be at the same standard as any others, regardless where it is.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#590 Post by crawf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:42 am

Crooked wrote:Mawson Lakes is potentially a replacement for Hollywood Plaza
I highly doubt that. There is about a 7km distance between the two stores.
They have already started ripping the new fittings out of Pasadena to store for Mawson Lakes.
That sounds really bizarre.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#591 Post by Torrens_5022 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 am

if your saying Mawson Lakes is a full range Target, why would they be using the fit out from a much smaller Target Urban store?
Target seems to space a lot there stores in Adelaide around 6km from each other, I seriously don't see why they would be closing Salisbury Downs (Hollywood) and Fulham Gardens. The fact that some stores have better fits outs then others look at Target at Marion - it's horrible and the lights are way to bright.

Crooked
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#592 Post by Crooked » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:07 pm

They are getting rid of the urban branding, new MD doesn't like the concept so no point having flash new fittings in a store that would be lucky to turn over 30k in a week.

I said potentially because Hollywood makes them no money apparently and have tried to revitalise it buy having an 'outlet' section in there which didnt work, so if Mawson goes gangbusters they will look to not continue their lease at expiry. If Mawson proves to be so so they will keep Hollywood. Fulham is definitely staying.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#593 Post by Torrens_5022 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:50 pm

I thought it was bizarre people where talking about closing Fulham Gardens Target, it clearly gets enough business to be viable, that little shopping centre gets a lot of trade.
On a Mawson Lakes topic - Parafield Airport should be turned into residential land, there's enough land there to stop stupid developments like Buckland Park, and a rail corridor right there.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#594 Post by neoballmon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Crooked wrote:They are getting rid of the urban branding, new MD doesn't like the concept so no point having flash new fittings in a store that would be lucky to turn over 30k in a week..
Yes, I went to Pasadena today, not a single word 'urban' could be seen (to me). This was the only Urban store in SA wasn't it? And Harbortown being an Outlet store (which is tiny.. Pasadena would be about mid size)
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#595 Post by Eurostar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 am

What happened to putting Hudson Road all the way through to Port Wakefield Road?

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#596 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Eurostar wrote:What happened to putting Hudson Road all the way through to Port Wakefield Road?
It'll happen eventually. Look on Page 269: http://www.sa.gov.au/upload/franchise/H ... t_Plan.pdf
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

MilenkoN
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#597 Post by MilenkoN » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:37 pm

Mawson Lakes apartments - Barbaro Builders - Builders & Developers
Mawson Lakes apartments

Coming Soon

Emperor Living
Located by the lake with views extending as far as the eye can see, Emperor Living apartments is a 9 story landmark in the suburb of Mawson Lakes. “2, 3 & penthouse apartments available”

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#598 Post by Ben » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanks for that. Quite impressive.

http://barbarobuilders.com/mawson-lakes-apartments/

metro
Legendary Member!

#599 Post by metro » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm

I think there is a sign up for this on the corner of Elder Smith Drive and Main Street.
MilenkoN wrote:Emperor Living
Located by the lake
If it's being built on that part of Main Street then it's nowhere near a lake :lol:

MilenkoN
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#600 Post by MilenkoN » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:06 pm

The Address is 340 main street (or something along those lines) But wouldnt think the numbers along Main St would tally so high
An if that current Sign location is the spot - the only lakes there are the current mass pools of water what fill up when it rains in the make shift carpark that will be the sight lol