COM: [Gepps Cross] Home HQ Gepp X | $170m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Benski81
High Rise Poster!

Re: #U/C: Home HQ Gepp X| $170m | 60,000sqm | Gepps Cross

#76 Post by Benski81 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Norman wrote:
Benski81 wrote:I love that that aread is finally being developed with a decent project, and it's coming along nicely now complementing Bianco's new HQ there. My only issue, and it really is the only issue, with this development is that we now have yet another set of lights on main north road. With my job i have to travel out north a fair bit and coming back into the city along main north road in the evening is so frustrating because every five seconds you have to stop at a set of lights and yet it's supposed to be the MAIN road heading north out of the city. Has anyone else ever noticed this?!

Probably not the right forum to raise this issue but i feel better for putting it out there (leans back from keyboard and sighs with relief).
That's why the Northern Expressway is being built.
Understood, except that Main North Road is still the most direct route to access the northern suburbs. The northern expressway/connector (i forget which is which) actually connects onto Pt Wakefield Road which means to access the northern suburbs you have to come back up is it Heaslip Rd? which is about twice the distance to travel so it's actually no quicker. I think the solution is i find a new job.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#77 Post by adam73837 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Benski81 wrote:
Norman wrote:
Benski81 wrote:I love that that aread is finally being developed with a decent project, and it's coming along nicely now complementing Bianco's new HQ there. My only issue, and it really is the only issue, with this development is that we now have yet another set of lights on main north road. With my job i have to travel out north a fair bit and coming back into the city along main north road in the evening is so frustrating because every five seconds you have to stop at a set of lights and yet it's supposed to be the MAIN road heading north out of the city. Has anyone else ever noticed this?!

Probably not the right forum to raise this issue but i feel better for putting it out there (leans back from keyboard and sighs with relief).
That's why the Northern Expressway is being built.
Understood, except that Main North Road is still the most direct route to access the northern suburbs. The northern expressway/connector (i forget which is which) actually connects onto Pt Wakefield Road which means to access the northern suburbs you have to come back up is it Heaslip Rd? which is about twice the distance to travel so it's actually no quicker.
I agree, I don't think it's Heaslip Road though, that runs roughly parallel to the Salisbury Highway (although quite further north). I am assuming that you live south of Regency Road and I know that I will get a Batman Picture for this, but if the Modbury Freeway and the Salisbury Freeway had been built in the 1960s as part of the MATS Plan... 8) :D :mrgreen: I don't need to say much more, there would have been a quick route from the CBD to the Northern Suburbs, but the Government had other intentions. Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with bringing forward similar concepts today, but the alternative Benski81 is for you to catch one of our ineffecient trains or buses :wink: :roll: :lol: up to wherever you work. <end rant>

Good to see that this is coming along BTW, and does anyone have pictures? I too live on the other side of town (sort of) and haven't been up there lately.
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

#78 Post by joshzxzx » Thu May 21, 2009 8:15 am

This area could really do with an IKEA.
South Australia the Festival State

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#79 Post by Shuz » Thu May 21, 2009 10:24 am

2 IKEAs for Adelaide? I guess it's possible. I've yet to walk into someone's house who has not got an IKEA product or furnishing in their home, and believe you me, that's a lot of homes. We Adelaidians love our IKEA.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#80 Post by rhino » Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am

Come to my home. No IKEA in there. I probably wouldn't be so anti-IKEA if it weren't for the way you have no choice but to see their advertising as you drive towards the city on Sir Donald Bradman Drive. Apart from that, I appreciate heavy, old-style fine furniture. Flat packs don't cut it for me.
cheers,
Rhino

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#81 Post by Cruise » Fri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm

I like IKEA's $2 hotdog and softdrink deal.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#82 Post by bm7500 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:54 am

The new Harvey Norman store opens at GeppsX HQ on June 5th, with some of the other retailers also ready to open at the same time.

It also seems that many of the retailers in the Mile End Home Maker Centre are opeing new stores here or are relocating.

And yeah, i'm not happy about the extra set of traffic lights either and reduced speed limit, thats just poor planning.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#83 Post by Paulns » Sun May 31, 2009 10:44 am

bm7500 wrote:And yeah, i'm not happy about the extra set of traffic lights either and reduced speed limit, thats just poor planning.
I totally agree but unfortunatly the other side to this coin is that if you didnt have lights there, you'd have traffic banked up for miles trying to turn in and out of the Gepps X Home HQ. Dare I say but maybe that would be even worse...
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#84 Post by bm7500 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:08 am

Paulns wrote:
bm7500 wrote:And yeah, i'm not happy about the extra set of traffic lights either and reduced speed limit, thats just poor planning.
I totally agree but unfortunatly the other side to this coin is that if you didnt have lights there, you'd have traffic banked up for miles trying to turn in and out of the Gepps X Home HQ. Dare I say but maybe that would be even worse...
Yes, but there is already a set of traffic lights only 100m down the road & still abutting the HQ site. The council should have stipulated that the traffic be routed through the existing set of lights rather than installing another. Thats why its poor planning!
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#85 Post by Paulns » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 pm

bm7500 wrote:Yes, but there is already a set of traffic lights only 100m down the road & still abutting the HQ site. The council should have stipulated that the traffic be routed through the existing set of lights rather than installing another. Thats why its poor planning!
I agree...

On another note, I'd also like to see 3 lanes each way from Gepps Cross to Munno Para too but that's a whole other story! I think that would do a lot to speed up traffic on Main North Road.
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#86 Post by AtD » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Improving the Gawler line would also do a lot to ease traffic on Main North Road.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#87 Post by bm7500 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am

The imfamous set of traffic lights on Main North Road were turned on today and the first of the retailers are now open for business!

peas_and_corn
Legendary Member!

#88 Post by peas_and_corn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 pm

I went there today because BBQ Galore decided to move from Modbury to there :evil:

The complex feels like a giant carpark with shops around it.

Benski81
High Rise Poster!

#89 Post by Benski81 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:35 pm

AtD wrote:Improving the Gawler line would also do a lot to ease traffic on Main North Road.
So true.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#90 Post by crawf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:54 am

Went to Home HQ today and its massive. However only half the shops were open which included JB-HiFi, Harvey Norman, Harris Scarfe Home Store, Pets Domain etc.

Most of Home HQ is still yet to be finished, so it look much better in the next couple of weeks.

No Photos.

Off-topic, went to Mawson Lakes today and construction is progressing well on Quest Service Apartments.