[COM] Infinity Waters | 7lvls | 28m | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
how_good_is_he
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: # UC: Infinity Waters (West Lakes), 7 Levels

#61 Post by how_good_is_he » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Wayno, no I meant the one next to The Lakes Resort - the former gym. Approved for 2 x 8 levels - its been vacant for 2 years. Any news if its going ahead or if the DA has run out? Good to know the one you mention is going ahead! Do you know who the builder is or when they are starting sales?

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#62 Post by Wayno » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:51 pm

how_good_is_he wrote:Hi Wayno, no I meant the one next to The Lakes Resort - the former gym. Approved for 2 x 8 levels - its been vacant for 2 years. Any news if its going ahead or if the DA has run out? Good to know the one you mention is going ahead! Do you know who the builder is or when they are starting sales?
Yeah, not sure about progress on the 2 x 8 storey development. No news is typically not good news.

Apologies, i misled everyone in my previous posting. The site i mean is the "West Lakes Palace Chinese Restaurant" at 147 Brebner Drive. I think it's actually next door to the former gym site! There will be a 7-storey luxury apartment tower built on this site - no renders available yet. They had a portable crane there recently to take photographs of the views from various levels. Suspect we will see the snazzy promotions in the newspapers very soon! 12-18month til completion.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#63 Post by AtD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Wayno wrote:Yeah, not sure about progress on the 2 x 8 storey development. No news is typically not good news.
It's called The West Lakes Collection and it's still listed on the developer's website. Apparently EOIs were to close in September last year.
Wayno wrote:Apologies, i misled everyone in my previous posting. The site i mean is the "West Lakes Palace Chinese Restaurant" at 147 Brebner Drive. I think it's actually next door to the former gym site! There will be a 7-storey luxury apartment tower built on this site - no renders available yet. They had a portable crane there recently to take photographs of the views from various levels. Suspect we will see the snazzy promotions in the newspapers very soon! 12-18month til completion.
Sounds interesting. Anything concrete you can give us (eg council minutes)? I'd like to add it to my database. And yes, it would next to the 2x8 level apartments if it were at 147.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#64 Post by Wayno » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:51 pm

AtD wrote: <snip>
Sounds interesting. Anything concrete you can give us (eg council minutes)? I'd like to add it to my database. And yes, it would next to the 2x8 level apartments if it were at 147.
sorry AtD, nothing concrete at this time. Suspect it will all become public shortly. The last supper for the restaurant is only a few weeks away!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

urban
Legendary Member!

#65 Post by urban » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Omicron wrote:
urban wrote:The only hope of getting good PT to AAMI Stadium is for a dramatic increase in Medium density developments such as this one around West Lakes. The problem of West Lakes appalling pedestrian linkages would also need to be solved.
Do expand. I'm only familiar with the immediate area around Football Park and Westfield, so any new information would be helpful.
I used to park at a friends house just across the lake, have a few beers then walk across to the footy. What should have been a 500m to 1 km walk was actually about 1.5 to 2km because of the circuitous roads that loop back on themselves. West Lakes is a perfect example of a subdivision which is designed with the assumption that everybody drives everywhere. PT relies on people being within short walking distance. Much of current planning works on the assumption that most people will access shops, services and PT by foot if they don't have to walk more than 400m and a few extra will do so if they are within 800m. There would currently be very few residents within 800m walking distance of the shopping centre or footy park (the 2 logical locations for a train station) and possibly none within 400m.

A new line and train stations will not be built by the govt to service a private shopping centre.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#66 Post by Norman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:47 pm

Progress Pic

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#67 Post by Pistol » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:26 am

It is quite a daunting structure in that relatively flat area.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#68 Post by JamesXander » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Normans a port supporter. Ewww.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#69 Post by Norman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:27 pm

JamesXander wrote:Normans a port supporter. Ewww.
While I did take that while the match was in progress, yes, I am. But I'm more of an Adelaide United fan actually ;)

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#70 Post by Omicron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:54 am

JamesXander wrote:Normans a port supporter. Ewww.
:mrgreen:

We of the chardonnay set are far more discerning with our sporting teams; although, I don't much like chardonnay. A fine shiraz or champagne, post-haste!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#71 Post by crawf » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:37 am

Why didn't this have a tower or hammerhead crane?, its surely the right height for one.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#72 Post by AtD » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 am

At the speed this thing is being built at, the hiring cost for a crane would have been astronomical!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#73 Post by rev » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:22 pm

crawf wrote:Why didn't this have a tower or hammerhead crane?, its surely the right height for one.
Because not every construction site requires a crane for people to drool over online, obviously.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#74 Post by Mants » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:23 pm

rev wrote:
crawf wrote:Why didn't this have a tower or hammerhead crane?, its surely the right height for one.
Because not every construction site requires a crane for people to drool over online, obviously.
:lol:

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#75 Post by Will » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:15 pm

I think Crawf asked a legitimate question. There is no need to ridicule him. In fact, I too have thought why no crane was used on the building.