[COM] Brickworks Redevelopment | $70m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: #SWP: Brickworks Redevelopment | $70m

#106 Post by Hooligan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Yep, Like most developments it needs more water slides and more bowling alleys.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#107 Post by spiller » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Does anyone know whether the BBQ's Galore site is staying or going? It currently still stands and is open for business, I just thought it was strange that Woolworths had perhaps not acquired this site as it disrupts part of their frontage onto South Road.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#108 Post by pushbutton » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Hooligan wrote:Yep, Like most developments it needs more water slides and more bowling alleys.
Most developments need that, do they? If that was meant as a sarcastic jibe at me for daring to point out that (in my humble opinion of course) Adelaide needs some fun things for people to enjoy, then please take it elsewhere. You don't know me, and I have every right to my opinions. You have every right to disagree with them, but not to have a go at me for voicing mine.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#109 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Hooligan wrote:Yep, Like most developments it needs more water slides and more bowling alleys.
Or more importantly, a roller coaster or even a Pokemon themed adventure playground! :lol:
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#110 Post by pushbutton » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Or more importantly, a roller coaster or even a Pokemon themed adventure playground! :lol:
Not sure if that's meant as an insult to me or to Hooligan. Either way, let's get back to sensible discussion please!

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#111 Post by Phantom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Really? Not this shit again! Where the hell is bickering over people's ideas going to get us?

I get your points, that if something like the Brickworks inevitably couldn't work in an area like this, then what chance does something else. In saying that, I completely see Pushy's side in that if we have something fun and it closes, why replace it with something completely boring. This is what really shits me about the reallocation of the land at Cheltenham Park, is that the land is only being used for housing and shopping and not really for anything to bring people into the area. Much the same as the idea of AAMI Stadium. I hate the idea that it will soon be gone.

But, honestly? Quit giving one another shit about what you ideas you have for the area. This isn't the first or last time that Pushbutton will say something you disagree with. If you don't agree, how about you explain why it wouldn't be viable, rather than just constantly taking the piss?

No wonder people from interstate look down on the attitude of people from Adelaide, when we all appear bitter towards any notion or very idea of something new, exciting and entertaining...
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

Aidan

#112 Post by Aidan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:59 pm

I had a look at the Brickworks site today. It appears they've even bulldozed the car park surface! Does anyone know exactly where the new buildings will go?
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#113 Post by pushbutton » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Phantom wrote:Really? Not this shit again! Where the hell is bickering over people's ideas going to get us?

I get your points, that if something like the Brickworks inevitably couldn't work in an area like this, then what chance does something else. In saying that, I completely see Pushy's side in that if we have something fun and it closes, why replace it with something completely boring. This is what really shits me about the reallocation of the land at Cheltenham Park, is that the land is only being used for housing and shopping and not really for anything to bring people into the area. Much the same as the idea of AAMI Stadium. I hate the idea that it will soon be gone.

But, honestly? Quit giving one another shit about what you ideas you have for the area. This isn't the first or last time that Pushbutton will say something you disagree with. If you don't agree, how about you explain why it wouldn't be viable, rather than just constantly taking the piss?

No wonder people from interstate look down on the attitude of people from Adelaide, when we all appear bitter towards any notion or very idea of something new, exciting and entertaining...
Appreciated!

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#114 Post by pushbutton » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Aidan wrote:I had a look at the Brickworks site today. It appears they've even bulldozed the car park surface! Does anyone know exactly where the new buildings will go?
They're not mucking about with the demolition. I'll give them that!

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#115 Post by Bacon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:28 am

Last edited by Bacon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan

#116 Post by Nathan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 am

Jewellery stores on either side of a Big W?

[Shuz]

#117 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:08 am

It actually looks pretty good. I note that they've left a substantial 'green' wedge between South Road and the new development. I assume that they have received advice from DPTI in relation to the South Road / North-South Motorway - and the need for DPTI to compulsorily acquire land in future thereby saving time and money. Good outcome on all fronts.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Aidan

#118 Post by Aidan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks Bacon
[Shuz] wrote:It actually looks pretty good. I note that they've left a substantial 'green' wedge between South Road and the new development. I assume that they have received advice from DPTI in relation to the South Road / North-South Motorway - and the need for DPTI to compulsorily acquire land in future thereby saving time and money. Good outcome on all fronts.
That's what I'd've thought until about a week ago, but then I realised that due to the elevation difference, the cheapest way to grade separate that intersection would be to build a new road under South Road, with roundabouts at each end (on Ashwin Parade and West Thebarton Road). It won't remain cheapest for long, though, as it conflicts with the planned location of Big W.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

spiller
High Rise Poster!

#119 Post by spiller » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Bacon wrote:Final Design from http://www.woolworthsshoppingcentres.com.au/:
Is this the corner of South Rd and Ashwin parade in this pic? If so WOW

So they will be filling in the huge hole left by the old clay pit? I saw this morning that they have already started laying down a base material of substantial proportions. Can't wait for this to be done, as a local resident, I will shop here, not to mention this part of town has long been overdue for something.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#120 Post by Dvious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:10 pm

To be honest Woolworths have actually done a nice job from what the renders show. Im glad they have been somewhat sensitive to the history of the area and incorporated it into the design!