ONH: Adelaide Airport Hotel | 37m | 9lvls | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: #ONH: Adelaide Airport Hotel | Andy Thomas Cct | 37m | 9

#61 Post by Omicron » Sun May 09, 2010 10:48 pm

bulldog13 wrote:
AtD wrote:
Nathan wrote:Isn't it a safety thing? Not letting private vehicles too close to the terminal, or something like that.
Except the current departures level road will still be there.
But that is only for drop off, you can't park and leave your vehicle. I suppose it won't stop suicide bombers, but will stop the others who want to self preserve.
Not really. Pretend your partner has left their bags behind, hire a taxi, stand outside a house that isn't yours, and have the driver take your homemade bomb right to the front doors on your behalf.

Not that I make a habit of bomb-plots, of course.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#62 Post by Will » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 pm

There was an approvement notice in the Guardian Messenger stating that the minister has approved the latest changes to the Adelaide Airport Hotel. Those changes include moving the building's footprint 30 degress anticlock-wise and increasing the building's height from the current 37m to 42m.

Professor
High Rise Poster!

#63 Post by Professor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Some positive airport precinct news in today's Advertiser business section.

There is renewed interest in building the hotel (the airport apparently has an operator lined up) and hopefully there will be movement this year.

The car park and new control tower are going to start. Also mention made of another multi storey building in the Export Park and another building in Burbridge Industrial Park on the NW corner of the airport land.

Apparently, the airport catered for 7.1m passengers last FY.

All together construction worth around $200m.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

#64 Post by Adelarch » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Sorry in advance for dredging up an old thread - no particular movement on this project, but just came across a render which I haven’t seen before, in the Approved Development Plan document for the hotel from the Adelaide Airport website. It’s basically the same as the sketch shown on the first page of this thread but modelled up in the computer. My guess is that this entrance faces the new courtyard, which along with the other zoomy architectural features of the courtyard would make for quite a pleasant aspect IMO

That’s pretty much it folks

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#65 Post by Ben » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I think with all the new international routes coming to Adelaide over the next 12 months, now would be perfect time for this to start.

Nort

#66 Post by Nort » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 pm

With the airport being so close to the CBD and Glenelg, I can't see there being lots of demand for a hotel on the airport land. Adelaide isn't used much for connecting flights where people might have a few hours to rest and why would anyone stay there instead of a few minutes taxi ride away? I suppose airline crews would use it a fair bit though.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#67 Post by Maximus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 am

I suspect that all the people who have to stay the night in Adelaide because the new Emirates flight gets delayed by 20 mins and can't take off before curfew might think that this hotel is a great idea! :twisted:
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#68 Post by bm7500 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Maximus wrote:I suspect that all the people who have to stay the night in Adelaide because the new Emirates flight gets delayed by 20 mins and can't take off before curfew might think that this hotel is a great idea! :twisted:
You are bad Maximus lol, but i'm in no doubt it will happen from time to time.

I personally think a good quality airport hotel will actually be quite well patronised in Adelaide and as Ben said, now is the perfect time to start construction.
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

skyliner

#69 Post by skyliner » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Was there on the 20th. Hoping this gets moving as the air traffic seems to be increasing = internationally as well. Impressed with the carpark.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.