News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Bacon
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitan Developments

#946 Post by Bacon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:27 pm

crawf wrote:Masters I believe (just a couple of doors down from Bunnings :P)
Also an Officeworks and Hungry Jacks

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#947 Post by Kasey771 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:40 am

Bacon wrote:
crawf wrote:Masters I believe (just a couple of doors down from Bunnings :P)
Also an Officeworks and Hungry Jacks
So Hungry Jacks finally gets what it wants? (after being blocked from expanding the Shell on the corner of McIntyre and Main North Rd) I don't eat that crap so it's only the extra rubbish in the area that will affect me. I live in Para Hills West and I find Maccas rubbish all over the place....If people want to eat that garbage, that's their business but these days people seem so much more inclined to just dump their rubbish(often those big take-away bags) in the
street:( :wallbash:
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#948 Post by crawf » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:33 pm

On the up side it's going to create jobs for young people, which is a positive for the area.

Same goes for Masters and Officeworks.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#949 Post by Kasey771 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:19 pm

crawf wrote:On the up side it's going to create jobs for young people, which is a positive for the area.

Same goes for Masters and Officeworks.
I read an interesting OpEd on Masters being the biggest corporate Own Goal in Australian business history just last weekend I think it was in the SMH. It wont be good for those people who get jobs to immediately lose them if Woolworths decides to cut its losses:(

On the development...A new advisory board was up on my trip home last night indicating there'll be disruptions on MNR at Kesters road (starting in July and lasting until Decemer-ish). I wonder if given the space on the airport side of MNR and the fence around the construction site if Salisbury Council is planning to put in a full intersection with lights and the like, alowing trafic to turn North from Kesters Road? Of course adding that set of lights to MNR with the one further down at Maxwell/ElderSmith will give SCC ammunition to further lower the speed limit on MNR to 60. of course with so many traffic lights, You'd just be getting up to 60-70 when you'd have to slow down for a red signal. so?? Oh well its a distant memory now being allowed to travel at 100 on MNR adjacent to Parafield airport when I was much younger:(
Last edited by Kasey771 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#950 Post by claybro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Kasey771 wrote:On the development...A new advisory board was up on my trip home last night indicating there'll be disruptions on MNR at Kesters road starting in July. I wonder if given the space on the airport side of MNR and the fence around the construction site if Salisbury Council is planning to put in a full intersection with lights and the like, alowing trafic to turn North from Kesters Road? Of course adding that set of lights to MNR with the one further down at Maxwell/ElderSmith will give SCC ammunition to further lower the speed limit on MNR to 60. of course with so many traffic lights, You'd just be getting up to 60-70 when you'd have to slow down for a red signal. so?? Oh well its a distant memory now being allowed to travel at 10 on MNR adjacent to Parafield airport when I was much younger:(
If developements at Adelaide airport land is anything to go by, you'd be spot on. Typical of lazy Adelaide planning. Put in a massive new developement, run the access road to the nearest point along the adjacent main road, bung in a set of lights on the main road and your done. To hell with the traffic flow of the main road. Take a look at Burbridge road adjacent to the airport...used to be 80km/h with no lights...now 60km/h and multiple lights in an 800m stretch. Access to the airport, access to Ikea, access to the business park-why could this not have been consolidated with 1 access perimeter road on the airport boundary and 1 set of lights on Burbridge Road? Ad hoc planning.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#951 Post by neoballmon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 am

Going down South Road last week i noticed the Caltex station at St Marys (next to former Keith Bowden building) had closed up and been demolished. Tonight I noticed the Caltex at Castle Plaza is doing the same, currently fenced off and pumps have been removed. Are Caltex rebuilding their stations to try to compete more with OTR? Without the Castle Plaza station, there is no petrol on the western side of South Road from the expressway to just past Anzac highway.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#952 Post by Ben » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 am

neoballmon wrote:Going down South Road last week i noticed the Caltex station at St Marys (next to former Keith Bowden building) had closed up and been demolished. Tonight I noticed the Caltex at Castle Plaza is doing the same, currently fenced off and pumps have been removed. Are Caltex rebuilding their stations to try to compete more with OTR? Without the Castle Plaza station, there is no petrol on the western side of South Road from the expressway to just past Anzac highway.
Yes they are doing a thorough renovation of all their outlets to compete. the thing that frustrates me with this is its a perfect opportunity to move it back further from South Road to allow for future 3x3 expansion. Very short sighted as usual.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#953 Post by rev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 pm

A few developments going on on/around Churchill Road..

2 Allan Street.

100 Churchill Rd

Also at 100 Churchill Rd..I'm guessing adjoining on the same block..?

81 Devonport Tce..oddly for something listed as a premium development they list the Brompton Communist School which is a school for troubled kids..usually kids with a criminal record..

91 Myrtle Street

172 Churchill Rd

205/210 Churchill Rd

[Shuz]

#954 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 am

Where did all these developments come from!?

I like the last one, at 210 Churchill Road.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#955 Post by Pistol » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

You missed a couple Rev:

Winston on Churchill - 188 Churchill Road

Canopy @ 44 - 44 Churchill Road

Park Link - Corner of Alexander Tce and Exeter Tce in Devon Park

Qattro just finished a 3 storey job on the corner of Pym and Churchill.
And there are other townhouse projects going in.
Plus a plethora of other proposals to come.

Churchill Road will be unrecognisable in about 5 years time!
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#956 Post by rev » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Nice one Pistol thanks.
Yeh Churchill road is going to be a very different place.

And they do seem to have just snuck up on us. But higher density residential developments and mixed use developments were highlighted in a 2009 Prospect council report.

http://www.prospect.sa.gov.au/webdata/r ... _FINAL.pdf

Xaragmata

#957 Post by Xaragmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:38 am

Minor demolition / construction in the West:

Demolition of Findon Village opposite Woolworths Westside

Demolition of old shop in Holbrooks Road

New work on former Liberty servo in Henley Beach Rd Mile End

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#958 Post by Torrens_5022 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 pm

The old liberty servo is actually in Torrensville not Mile End, yet Torrensville Plaza down the road is in Mile End. Also the Salvos shopping centre just down by Findon Woolies has also had a renovation recently.

Xaragmata

#959 Post by Xaragmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Torrens_5022 wrote:The old liberty servo is actually in Torrensville not Mile End, yet Torrensville Plaza down the road is in Mile End. Also the Salvos shopping centre just down by Findon Woolies has also had a renovation recently.
I've lived in the area for twenty years, and never mastered the boundaries of Mile End, Torrensville, Cowandilla etc - I doubt I ever will.

Xaragmata

#960 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:02 pm

42Nelson - Nelson Street, Stepney (former Tolley Scott Tolley buildings):

27 townhouses - I'm not sure of its status, but on sale.

42 Nelson Street
http://www.belleproperty.com/buying/SA/ ... ey-sa-5069

42Nelson

http://www.42nelson.com.au/42nelson/