News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#31 Post by Howie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:22 pm

I've no idea on the site, going to grab the paper and get the address tomorrow. They said it'd be open by mid december.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#32 Post by Edgar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 pm

What are they? Selling Korean stuffs? Sounds interesting. Might check it out this weekend.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by Howie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:43 pm

I'm guessing so :) Not sure if it's officially open yet. Btw, there's a few job openings there (marketing, sales, admin, parking).

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

#34 Post by Al » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:52 am

Love Korean food... especially Kim Chi. Didn't hear about this but sounds great.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#35 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Couldn't agree more Will.

Adelaide's happening at last!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#36 Post by crawf » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:24 am

I know your new, but could you please not bring up 'dead' threads.

cheers

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#37 Post by pushbutton » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:04 pm

Sorry, I must admit I haven't read the rules of this forum yet. They obviously must be different to the rules of most other forums I've joined as I've never heard of the idea of threads being "dead" before.

I always thought if you had something new to add to an old thread it was perfectly ok to bring it back to the top of the list.

Obviously it's not though on this forum, so my apologies!

Can I suggest that these "dead" threads be locked so people know which ones they are still allowed to post in.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#38 Post by Pistol » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:40 pm

^^ Don't worry you'll get used to Crawf :)

Mants
Legendary Member!

#39 Post by Mants » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:28 pm

dont take offense to it

thankyou for all your contributions pushbutton :)

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#40 Post by Will » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:36 pm

This one has topped out, and it does make a presence on Anzac Highway.

I have found the following information regarding this development:

Following on from the success of Leabrook Place and The Glenbrook, Omega SeniorCare is currently in the early building stages of an exciting new development at Ashford - ‘The Ashbrook’.

Located on Syme Street, off Anzac Highway, The Ashbrook will offer quality, security and privacy in stylish apartment style living for older people. Like our other properties, it will be a neighbourhood of like-minded people, where residents can celebrate life as they want to live it.

The Ashbrook will be built over several stages and when finished, will have a range of apartment plans and sizes built to the same high standard currently experienced by our residents at Leabrook Place or The Glenbrook.

Stage One is scheduled to commence early 2006 and will contain 35 apartments. Along with secluded gardens and furnished pit-stops, residents will also enjoy the use of function areas such as:

• restaurant
• club rooms
• sky garden
• indoor/outdoor conservatory
• underground secure garaging
• home cinema
• entertaining areas
• library
• drawing room
• boardroom

DudleyDog
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#U/C: New Garden Village (Sheridan Site -Woodville)

#41 Post by DudleyDog » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Does anyone know when this might be happening? I know Stockland own the land and it's being redevelopment for medium density housing (land has already been rezoned from Industrial to residential) but was wondering on the time frame.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#42 Post by Howie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:26 pm

We'll probably hear more of this one once the Cheltenham site has been finalised.

Buildit
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#43 Post by Buildit » Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 am

I believe this so called Korea town is in the old Discount City Carpets shed on North tce, which is next door to Clarke Rubber. Not sure what in it though.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#44 Post by Will » Wed May 09, 2007 5:32 pm

Buildit wrote:I believe this so called Korea town is in the old Discount City Carpets shed on North tce, which is next door to Clarke Rubber. Not sure what in it though.
I drove past North Terrace tonday, and it appears Korea Town has failed or never got off the ground. There is a derelict building with a sign saying Korea Town. There appears to be nothing there.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

New Development in Park Holme!

#45 Post by jimmy_2486 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:49 am

I don't know who has witnessed it but the northern part of park holme is completely being bulldozed!!

I live right near by and all I see day in and day out are demolition workers pulling down old abandoned houses which have been unoccupied for ages. There has been id say about 10-15 houses pulled.

I'm not sure if this is the plan for the city of Marion to get rid of all its crap and rejuvenate itself, as the shopping center is getting a 200 million make over and the state swimming center. But there are a changing going on around here! The northern part of park holme is turning into baron land!!

Anyone know about what will become of this land or have anything to say about it at all?

It is still happening now, anyone near the area go check it out it is an awesome site as it looks like a new sub development!!