News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: CBD Development: General

#706 Post by Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 pm

I wasn't too sure where to put this. Will be interesting to see what the final result looks like, they have already started construction.
1. PROPOSAL
The application involves the removal of all existing advertising displays on the southern and
eastern faces of the ETSA building, at Lot 1 Anzac Highway, with a combined total area of 52.3
square metres.
The installation of a new, LED advertising hoarding with a total area 24.5 square metres to the
eastern face of the building with the following features:
? Screen dimensions of 6.4 metres wide by 3.8 metres high;
? Full outdoor LED Panels;
? Automatic brightness controller;
? Screen with downward tilt;
? Capability for full motion video display;
? Screen to completely conceal all structural supports from public view.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#707 Post by crawf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Sounds promising, maybe it will include a clock and weather display?

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: General Suburban Projects & Discussion

#708 Post by claybro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:05 pm

should look quite spectacular once up and liven up this intersection. I really like the life that the displays outside the Showgrounds on Goodwood Road add to that strip. Maybe channel 7 can do something with their bland effort facing the Hindmarsh intersection.

Goya's Line
High Rise Poster!

#709 Post by Goya's Line » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 am

The southern side of Greenhill Rd could use more 6-8 level buildings, especially between the ETSA Building and Unley Rd.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#710 Post by crawf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Ben wrote:I wasn't too sure where to put this. Will be interesting to see what the final result looks like, they have already started construction.
1. PROPOSAL
The application involves the removal of all existing advertising displays on the southern and
eastern faces of the ETSA building, at Lot 1 Anzac Highway, with a combined total area of 52.3
square metres.
The installation of a new, LED advertising hoarding with a total area 24.5 square metres to the
eastern face of the building with the following features:
This has been given the final go ahead after the DAC approved it yesterday.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#711 Post by Wayno » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:54 pm

The application involves the removal of all existing advertising displays on the southern and eastern faces of the ETSA building, at Lot 1 Anzac Highway, with a combined total area of 52.3 square metres. The installation of a new, LED advertising hoarding with a total area 24.5 square metres to the eastern face of the building with the following features:
I spotted this earlier today. Looks to be about the right size, but it's on the Northerly side of the building, visible as you approach Anzac highway on Richmond Rd.
20082012451.jpg
20082012451.jpg (277.94 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#712 Post by Maximus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Apparently the new 50km/h speed limit along a section of Goodwood Road is doing a great job of making the road safer, because, according to the chair of the Goodwood Road Traders' Association...
the accidents we have seen are from people being impatient and zipping out of the lanes.
I'm seeing a 1 and another 1, but it's not adding up to 2, if you know what I mean. :shock:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6461574780
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#713 Post by SRW » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Southern Adelaide wetlands plan advances
ABC News Online, 31 August 2012

A plan to turn the site of a former driver training centre into wetlands for stormwater storage has been submitted to the Development Assessment Commission.

Marion Council wants to divert up to 500 megalitres of stormwater annually from Sturt Creek into wetlands at Oaklands Park.

The water would be used to irrigate more than 30 parks and gardens in the area.

A cultural heritage survey for the Oaklands Road site recommends there been conditions to safeguard significant Aboriginal heritage, including burial sites.

The application is now open for public consultation.
Marion going the Salisbury route?
Keep Adelaide Weird

Xaragmata

#714 Post by Xaragmata » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 am

Henley Beach Road - Lockleys Garden Centre (Lasscocks) site and former Liberty service station

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#715 Post by Ben » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 am

Xaragmata wrote:Henley Beach Road - Lockleys Garden Centre (Lasscocks) site and former Liberty service station

Thanks for the pics. I've been wondering what they are building here. Do you or anyone else know?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#716 Post by crawf » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Pretty sure it's going to be a retirement complex, unless the plans have changed. Which is pretty ironic being situated next to a funeral home..

Either way I'm glad something is finally happening and same with the old Robo car wash complex.

Xaragmata

#717 Post by Xaragmata » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:00 am

crawf wrote:Pretty sure it's going to be a retirement complex, unless the plans have changed. Which is pretty ironic being situated next to a funeral home..

Either way I'm glad something is finally happening and same with the old Robo car wash complex.
I was thinking that a retirement complex was likely, but couldn't find anything on it - the Liberty / Robo has had plate glass installed across the building shell this week, so being converted into something - I can't see another servo going in there, but it is possible.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: #U/C: Woodville West Urban Renewal

#718 Post by Norman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Xaragmata

#719 Post by Xaragmata » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 am

Woodville Road (last week) - row of vacant shops has been demolished & construction under way on site (apparently a community mental health centre)

http://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/webda ... dville.pdf

One of the demolished shops (2010)

Current construction

Indian restaurant opposite - film crew said "Welcome to Woodville - Adelaide's little India" as I walked past - I guess they were filming for the Ch 7
Today Tonight spot on Adelaide's ethnic enclaves (?)

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#720 Post by Wayno » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Campbelltown Council discusses plan to increase building height limits and housing density

From AdelaideNow
HEIGHT limits would rise to six storeys and housing density would be increased under plans to transform the face of Campbelltown.

Campbelltown Council's Development Plan Amendment proposes a raft of changes in line with the State Government's 30-Year Plan.

Included in this would be a rise in some building height limits from four to six storeys and a review of the minimum allotment size.

The plan also identifies areas around the Paradise Interchange, Centro Newton and Newton Village Shopping centres, and the Glynde Corner precinct as suitable for medium-to-high-density housing.

Councillors last week delayed releasing the report for community consultation because they deemed it too difficult to understand.

It is unclear when the public will be given the chance to comment on the changes.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.