[COM] Channel 7 Studios | $10m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
EvilTwin
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Channel 7 Studios | $10m

#1 Post by EvilTwin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:29 pm

From the local messenger.

Seven's $10m move to Hindmarsh hub
by JON BROOKS

THE Seven television network has announced it will be the first tenant of a $50 million technology "precinct" in Hindmarsh.
Seven will build a S10 million studio on the corner of Port Rd and Adam St, where the Adelaide Entertainment Centre billboard now stands.
Under the plans, being driven by property developers Abigroup, the surrounding areas also could house a radio station, film and multimedia production facility - but tenants are yet to be found.
The SA Film Corporation, based at Hendon. has confirmed it is looking for a new home but has ruled out the Entertainment Centre site.
Seven announced plans to move to Hindmarsh two weeks ago, after a deal was struck with the land owners, the Land Management Corporation (LMC).
Developers are yet to find other tenants for the proposed adjoining complex, but Seven general manager Tony Davison said he expected the company would find the right suitors.
"It's certainly not a secret that we've been looking at the site," he said. "We've already sold our old studios (based at Gilberton) to a Perth developer and the process of getting the land we've just acquired took about two years.
"We've bitten the bullet and signed on to be a part of this and I imagine others will follow suit."
Included in the plans, which have yet to be lodged with Charles Sturt Council, are a two
storey building and a large transmitter dish.
But the television station will not be bringing its helicopter along, despite enjoying the luxury of a helipad at its current home (see separate story, below).
Seven will bring 100 staff to the
new studio, with multi-storey secure car parking to be built when other tenants sign on.

The artists' impressions of the new building show an ultramodern design.
"This needed to be a landmark building so we've made sure it was a styling statement," Mr
Davison said. "This will be one of the most technologically advanced studios in the nation, so the design needed to reflect that.
"Our old studio serviced our needs well but it's basically just past its prime and in need of replacement."
The new studio is scheduled for completion by early 2007.
[/img]

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#2 Post by AtD » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:31 am

Renders in newspapers aren't exactly the best thing to go on when looking how good/ugly a building is, but man, that looks ugly. But it's not that big so no one will care.

sam
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#3 Post by sam » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:57 pm

Damn it, someones already bought the old studio, I could have transformed that into a wonderful home, just imagine the home theatre... :D

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#4 Post by Al » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:09 pm

Yeah and imaging all that foxtel on that bigass dish!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[COM]

#5 Post by rev » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Unless my eyes decieve me, construction has started on this.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#6 Post by crawf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:47 pm

Is it just me or does that new Seven building, look like it has a news bar running across the wall? :D

off the topic, Tens new Adelaide HQ on Hutt Street is coming up nicely, should look great once its finished. I hope they transfer the news studio from Melbourne back to Adelaide (where it belongs :roll:)

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#7 Post by Algernon » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 am

Channel 7 chose that over City Central.

...get the sniffer dogs through there quick smart

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#8 Post by shuza » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:27 am

crawf wrote:Is it just me or does that new Seven building, look like it has a news bar running across the wall? :D

off the topic, Tens new Adelaide HQ on Hutt Street is coming up nicely, should look great once its finished. I hope they transfer the news studio from Melbourne back to Adelaide (where it belongs :roll:)
That definetely appears to be a news bar. They have the same concept installed on the 7 studio in Melbourne. If Adelaide is lacking anything, its news ticker bars! I'd love to see one in the CBD.

Punishment466
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#9 Post by Punishment466 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:42 pm

Any chance on getting some photos or an update on construction?

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#10 Post by bmw boy » Fri May 04, 2007 12:52 pm

they're just laying down the foundations now, so nothing too exciting/revealing yet

duke
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#11 Post by duke » Fri May 11, 2007 7:03 pm

I think its actually disappointing they didn't chose a location in the cbd. It would be great to have a setup like they do in Sydney where the studio is all open in amongst all the action.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#12 Post by bmw boy » Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 pm

structural beams have recently gone up

Buildit
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re:

#13 Post by Buildit » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:03 pm

bmw boy wrote:structural beams have recently gone up
Pic From Today

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: New $10m Channel Seven Studio

#14 Post by Diamond » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:33 pm

I drove past last night and it looked like a bit of an eye sore. A few of the concrete walls have been erected, and they do look a bit out of place at the moment. Basically, it's just like there are giant concrete walls in the middle of 'nowhere' so to speak, with no other buildings surrounding it.
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Delsar
Sen-Rookie-Sational

[COM] Re: New $10m Channel Seven Studio

#15 Post by Delsar » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:54 am

The concrete walls that are there now look like they constructed a pyamid and dropped it pointy end down!

lol